Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > The kidnapping and shooting/murder of Anni Dewani while on her honeymoon in South Africa. Trial of Shrien Dewani was held in Cape Town, SA.

Website that analyses the Anni Dewani murder in detail

(1/84) > >>

dewanifacts:
If any of you people are still interested in this case and its many unanswered questions, you may be interested in our analysis and latest news/blog. Check out our site https://dewanifacts.wordpress.com/

Editor added Trial Report.

www.saflii.org/za/cases/ZAWCHC/2014/188.html

John:

--- Quote from: dewanifacts on August 04, 2015, 04:07:12 PM ---If any of you people are still interested in this case and its many unanswered questions, you may be interested in our analysis and latest news/blog. Check out our site https://dewanifacts.wordpress.com/

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the information and welcome to the forum.   8((()*/

I read the blog some time ago and one thing which still bothers me is the number of unknowns still to be addressed.  One such being as to why Shrien Dewani refused to cooperate with the S African authorities?

dewanifacts:
Thanks John. Regarding Dewani's "refusal" to cooperate with SA authorities, I guess the term "refusal" is in the eye of the beholder.

He cooperated up to the point where he realised he was being framed for a crime that he didn't commit by the SA Police Service and the NPA. At that point he clammed up and did what he could to avoid willingly submitting himself to injustice.

One of the common refrains that people have is "why didn't he just go to South Africa and clear his name?". The answer is simple. He was entitled to the presumption of innocence and the onus is never on someone to prove their innocence. There was never any credible evidence of him having anything to do with the crime. He knew that because he knew he was innocent. And he was ultimately vindicated by the court chucking the case out for that very same reason; no credible evidence linking him to the crime. 

Having said that; I do agree with you that one of the most puzzling mysteries that remain, is item 8 on the "Unknowns" page of our site. Shrien Dewani’s reason(s) for not telling SAPS about the money or the helicopter ride when he was first debriefed in the aftermath of the murder. In that respect he didn't cooperate, although we still don't know whether he ommitted those details consciously or whether he had some other reason for doing so. Those omissions made him look very suspicious and in my opinion he would do himself a great service if he came out and explained himself in an interview, book, article or some other format.

dewanifacts:
Our aim is for the website to be a complete and accurate representation of the facts and claims made in regard to the case. We would value any feedback from forum members. If you think that we need to amend/delete any content, if you feel we should add in specific content, or if you think that we have wrongly catagorised any of the claims, please let us know. We welcome all feedback and we are happy to discuss.

Many thanks

mercury:
Hi there DF,welcome

The thing  that bothered me was that he took his wife whilst on honeymoon no less, (not that any other time would have been great either) to one of the most dangerous parts of the area at night....what for?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version