Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > John Lamberton and the conspiracy and malicious prosecution brought against him by the Scottish Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service in Edinburgh, Scotland.

John Lamberton - The background to Johns illegal arrest in Spain

(1/2) > >>

Admin:
On 5 August 2003, International Estate Agent John Lamberton was arrested in his office near Alicante, Spain, by three plain-clothed Spanish National Police Officers.  He was arrested and detained on the basis of an International Arrest Warrant which had been issued by the Scottish Police some 5 months earlier.  It has now been discovered that this arrest warrant issued by Lothian and Borders Police on behalf of the Scottish Crown Office was in fact incompetent and illegal.

John Lamberton was completely unaware of the proceedings being raised against him by the Scottish Crown Office and the Scottish Justice Department in Edinburgh.  Nobody bothered to tell him!  Police were never tasked with investigating any aspect of the allegations but were ultimately used to secure his arrest abroad.  The police were effectively lied to by the Inland Revenue and the Crown Office as to John's status.

Inland Revenue investigators led by Stephen James Henderson acquired John's contact details but conveniently failed to pursue them choosing instead to invent a malicious allegation to the effect that John was an absconder abroad and effectively a fugitive. The Scottish Prosecutor and Procurator Fiscal Depute, Mrs Joan Guy, responsible for bringing the case against John Lamberton was later to inadvertently reveal in front of witnesses that she had raised the case, "as a favour to the Inland Revenue".  Henderson aided and abetted by Guy had taken advantage of John's absence from the United Kingdom to instigate the malicious charges against him.  The Scottish Crown Office thereafter manufactured an allegation of embezzlement in order to give support to the Inland Revenue's lesser allegation.   

It has now been established that the case against John was driven by the need to set legal precedent with respect to Inheritance Tax.  The decision to bring the prosecution was made at the highest level within the Inland Revenue in England as revealed by the minutes from a House of Commons Committee of Public Accounts Report dated 12 July 2005.

Admin:
reserved

John:

--- Quote from: Admin on September 28, 2012, 09:11:39 AM ---On 5 August 2003, International Estate Agent John Lamberton was arrested in his office near Alicante, Spain, by three plain-clothed Spanish National Police Officers.  He was arrested and detained on the basis of an International Arrest Warrant which had been issued by the Scottish Police some 5 months earlier.  It has now been discovered that this arrest warrant issued by Lothian and Borders Police on behalf of the Scottish Crown Office was in fact incompetent and illegal.

John Lamberton was completely unaware of the proceedings being raised against him by the Scottish Crown Office and the Scottish Justice Department in Edinburgh.  Nobody bothered to tell him!  Police were never tasked with investigating any aspect of the allegations but were ultimately used to secure his arrest abroad.  The police were effectively lied to by the Inland Revenue and the Crown Office as to John's status.

Inland Revenue investigators led by Stephen James Henderson acquired John's contact details but conveniently failed to pursue them choosing instead to invent a malicious allegation to the effect that John was an absconder abroad and effectively a fugitive. The Scottish Prosecutor and Procurator Fiscal Depute, Mrs Joan Guy, responsible for bringing the case against John Lamberton was later to inadvertently reveal in front of witnesses that she had raised the case, "as a favour to the Inland Revenue".  Henderson aided and abetted by Guy had taken advantage of John's absence from the United Kingdom to instigate the malicious charges against him.  The Scottish Crown Office thereafter manufactured an allegation of embezzlement in order to give support to the Inland Revenue's lesser allegation.   

It has now been established that the case against John was driven by the need to set legal precedent with respect to Inheritance Tax.  The decision to bring the prosecution was made at the highest level within the Inland Revenue in England as revealed by the minutes from a House of Commons Committee of Public Accounts Report dated 12 July 2005.

--- End quote ---

Thanks admin for starting this off after all the distractions.

Can I clarify a couple of points before we go too far.  Firstly I wasn't arrested in my office.  When the three guys walked into my office I was alone as the staff were on holiday it being August.  The first thing which went through my head was if this was a robbery as having three well dressed Spanish suited gents in the office at the same time was unusual. One of them spoke to me in English and showed me his personal I'd card.  He asked me for I'd such as a passport which I just so happened to have in the office.  He said that I had to go with him to the nearby main town (Denia) to sort oput something.  He didn't explain what but I wasn't going to argue with three of them.  I was alone and had viewings that afternoon so I asked how long would this take so that I would know whether to shut down the computers and switch off the lights.  He indicated that it would not take long so I left everything on and locked the door behind me.

Little did I know then that I would never see my office as it was ever again and that it would be over 4 years before I would be back in my Spanish village again.

Angelo222:
Are there no laws or protocols about such things and the way the Scots went about doing what they did John?  I mean I cannot believe that they can issue an arrest warrant against somebody without even trying to speak to them first.  What sort of a mickey mouse outfit is in charge in Scotland.  I still believe there are human rights laws which must have been broken here.  Can Frank give us any heads up on this??

John:

--- Quote from: David on September 30, 2012, 02:43:50 PM ---Are there no laws or protocols about such things and the way the Scots went about doing what they did John?  I mean I cannot believe that they can issue an arrest warrant against somebody without even trying to speak to them first.  What sort of a mickey mouse outfit is in charge in Scotland.  I still believe there are human rights laws which must have been broken here.  Can Frank give us any heads up on this??

--- End quote ---

Yes there are laws and protocols relating to these events but the Scottish authorities rode rough shod over them. There are rules governing provisional arrest abroad and the issuing of an International Arrest Warrant.  I am currently attempting to have these issues brought before the Supreme Court in London given the seriousness of what went on.  I must add that this is only the tip of the iceberg though as the documents provided by the Scottish Justice Department to the Spanish Government were illegal.  I will go into this in greater depth on another thread shortly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version