Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1490500 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #12375 on: May 02, 2022, 10:38:05 AM »
Unfortunately Portugal isn't very good at this sort of thing.

Your opinion doesn't alter the fact that Portugal have jurisdiction in this case. To give UK police their due, they have always acknowledged that fact. Whether the Germans will accept it remains to be seen.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12376 on: May 02, 2022, 10:48:43 AM »
Your opinion doesn't alter the fact that Portugal have jurisdiction in this case. To give UK police their due, they have always acknowledged that fact. Whether the Germans will accept it remains to be seen.

I wouldn't half like to see Portugal trying to extradite Brueckner after they failed so miserably to even investigate him in the first place.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12377 on: May 02, 2022, 11:43:46 AM »
I wouldn't half like to see Portugal trying to extradite Brueckner after they failed so miserably to even investigate him in the first place.

I don't think that would be of any significance. Nobody was interested in him until all his 'friends' emerged with their pointy fingers. Perhaps they should have contacted the PJ at an earlier date.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12378 on: May 02, 2022, 12:11:08 PM »
I don't think that would be of any significance. Nobody was interested in him until all his 'friends' emerged with their pointy fingers. Perhaps they should have contacted the PJ at an earlier date.

The PJ were too busy pursuing The McCanns.  And what a waste of their time that turned out to be.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12379 on: May 02, 2022, 12:34:29 PM »
The PJ were too busy pursuing The McCanns.  And what a waste of their time that turned out to be.

As his 'friends' didn't bother we'll never know.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12380 on: May 02, 2022, 12:44:31 PM »
As his 'friends' didn't bother we'll never know.

I thought it was the job of Police Forces to investigate crimes.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12381 on: May 02, 2022, 12:52:44 PM »
I thought it was the job of Police Forces to investigate crimes.

Why did it take so long for SY to investigate CB then?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #12382 on: May 02, 2022, 01:02:46 PM »
Why did it take so long for SY to investigate CB then?

Not their jurisdiction.  As you never fail to point out.

Offline barrier

« Reply #12383 on: May 02, 2022, 01:15:24 PM »
 A resigned acceptance of Madeleine dead ?

http://findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html

This year we mark fifteen years since we last saw Madeleine. It feels no harder than any other but no easier either. It’s a very long time.

Many people talk about the need for ‘closure’. It’s always felt a strange term. Regardless of outcome, Madeleine will always be our daughter and a truly horrific crime has been committed. These things will remain. It is true though that uncertainty creates weakness; knowledge and certainty give strength, and for this reason our need for answers, for the truth, is essential. We are grateful for the ongoing work and commitment of the UK, Portuguese and German authorities as it is this combined police effort which will yield results and bring us those answers.

As always, we would like to thank all of our supporters for their continued good wishes and support. It is a huge comfort to know that regardless of time passed, Madeleine is still in people’s hearts and minds. Thank you.

Kate & Gerry

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12384 on: May 02, 2022, 10:21:40 PM »
But it wasn’t money, nor was it any other consideration, said the Greek police.  I expect they (like everyone else who says something that doesn’t sit well with you) were lying.

I don't know why he suddenly decided to speak to the Met after 9 years, but I suspect it wasn't a belated sense of social responsibility.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12385 on: May 02, 2022, 10:48:32 PM »
I don't know why he suddenly decided to speak to the Met after 9 years, but I suspect it wasn't a belated sense of social responsibility.
you haven’t a clue basically, but are apparently content to cast sly aspersions.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12386 on: May 02, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »

According to an internal Greek police report, Busching’s information was described as “given voluntarily and without monetary or other consideration”.

It added that it had been “cross-checked and is considered a reliable source”. It also revealed how Busching had tried to report his concerns to the Portuguese police but had been fobbed off.

::::    ::::    ::::    ::::    ::::

There is always the possibility that his allegation met with the same reaction from the Portuguese police that a few others reported they received.

This is not a nice guy.  Law breaking was a way of life for him although it seems he did draw the line at some things ~ for example, abducting a child.

I don't think he would find making an approach to the police an easy thing to do.  If he was "fobbed off" when he did make the approach ~ I really don't see him hanging around to try for a second go.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12387 on: May 02, 2022, 11:02:23 PM »
Being fobbed off by the PJ is a definite recurring theme throughout the early investigation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12388 on: May 02, 2022, 11:27:59 PM »
According to an internal Greek police report, Busching’s information was described as “given voluntarily and without monetary or other consideration”.

It added that it had been “cross-checked and is considered a reliable source”. It also revealed how Busching had tried to report his concerns to the Portuguese police but had been fobbed off.

::::    ::::    ::::    ::::    ::::

There is always the possibility that his allegation met with the same reaction from the Portuguese police that a few others reported they received.

This is not a nice guy.  Law breaking was a way of life for him although it seems he did draw the line at some things ~ for example, abducting a child.

I don't think he would find making an approach to the police an easy thing to do.  If he was "fobbed off" when he did make the approach ~ I really don't see him hanging around to try for a second go.

Wasn’t he under arrest for human trafficking when he gave his information to the police?

Further do you think the Greek police would have admitted that he was ‘rewarded’ for his information? Perhaps by giving the information Busching hoped it may go better for him with the police. Are you really so naive that you believe that the minute he was arrested for trafficking Busching, coincidentally, obtained a moral compass too ( and please don’t insult my or your intelligence with that old ‘ he told the Portuguese police’ chestnut )…in the words of Mandy Rice-Davies, he would say that, wouldn’t he!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12389 on: May 02, 2022, 11:37:36 PM »
Wasn’t he under arrest for human trafficking when he gave his information to the police?

Further do you think the Greek police would have admitted that he was ‘rewarded’ for his information? Perhaps by giving the information Busching hoped it may go better for him with the police. Are you really so naive that you believe that the minute he was arrested for trafficking Busching, coincidentally, obtained a moral compass too ( and please don’t insult my or your intelligence with that old ‘ he told the Portuguese police’ chestnut )…in the words of Mandy Rice-Davies, he would say that, wouldn’t he!
And are you really so credulous as to believe that Busching would be able tomake up such an apparently far fetched  tale on the spot simply to get on the good side of the Greek police or that they would in turn be so credulous as to just fall for it hook line and sinker without any further investigation or corroboation?  What was in it for the Greeks again, remind me?

PS: it’s about time you dropped the Mandy Rice- Davies quote now, it’s getting boring.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 11:39:40 PM by Swertigo Virl »