Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 395865 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 06:16:03 PM »
We don't actually know that Amaral has been or is being investigated regarding any criminality but there is precedence of the huge playing down of past peccadilloes and there was little knowledge if any, of his status of arguido during the time he was in charge of the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2020, 08:43:40 AM »
We don't actually know that Amaral has been or is being investigated regarding any criminality but there is precedence of the huge playing down of past peccadilloes and there was little knowledge if any, of his status of arguido during the time he was in charge of the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Its an interesting development and anaral was close to him...As Ive said before it seems strange that other officers working with Christovoa were unaware what w sgoing on.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2020, 09:03:17 AM »
Its an interesting development and anaral was close to him...As Ive said before it seems strange that other officers working with Christovoa were unaware what w sgoing on.

Cristovao appears to have been engaged with other PJ Officers in this enterprise.  How did he recruit them in the first place?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
Cristovao appears to have been engaged with other PJ Officers in this enterprise.  How did he recruit them in the first place?

Were I setting up or getting involved in the mafia type criminal enterprise of which Cristovao was found guilty, I would have to know and trust the other criminals involved implicitly.

The cohort of the organisation he was involved with obviously met that requirement and one wonders just how far the tentacles spread out, for how long and encompassing whom.

It was interesting that there was no furore made when Amaral shared a television chat room sofa with individuals who now appear to have fallen foul of the Portuguese State but a photograph showing him with his associate on the start of his fall from grace was enough to set the cat among the pigeons with the resulting spitting of feathers.

If it was a subliminal message from the press it was certainly picked up on by those in the know but I think there might be a little difficulty in pinning the blame for the outcome on Madeleine (or "it") or her parents ... the source is, as always, closer to home than that.

Snip
"This is the most appalling piece of "journalism" I have seen in a long time. Outrageous manipulation to insinuate that it is Goncalo Amaral (right) who is being charged, and low (sic) and behold, of kidnapping as well.

This is the best example of McCann launched media manipulation in a long row, and it is a disgrace. Ask yourself why the parents of a missing child spend all their time and efforts to destroy the only person who was looking for it.
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ex-pj-detective-and-madeleine-book-author-arrested-on-a-series-of-charges/34181#comments
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2020, 11:34:38 AM »
Were I setting up or getting involved in the mafia type criminal enterprise of which Cristovao was found guilty, I would have to know and trust the other criminals involved implicitly.

The cohort of the organisation he was involved with obviously met that requirement and one wonders just how far the tentacles spread out, for how long and encompassing whom.

It was interesting that there was no furore made when Amaral shared a television chat room sofa with individuals who now appear to have fallen foul of the Portuguese State but a photograph showing him with his associate on the start of his fall from grace was enough to set the cat among the pigeons with the resulting spitting of feathers.

If it was a subliminal message from the press it was certainly picked up on by those in the know but I think there might be a little difficulty in pinning the blame for the outcome on Madeleine (or "it") or her parents ... the source is, as always, closer to home than that.

Snip
"This is the most appalling piece of "journalism" I have seen in a long time. Outrageous manipulation to insinuate that it is Goncalo Amaral (right) who is being charged, and low (sic) and behold, of kidnapping as well.

This is the best example of McCann launched media manipulation in a long row, and it is a disgrace. Ask yourself why the parents of a missing child spend all their time and efforts to destroy the only person who was looking for it.
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ex-pj-detective-and-madeleine-book-author-arrested-on-a-series-of-charges/34181#comments

Did not Goncalo Amaral threaten to abduct the small daughter of his ex girl friend in that infamous phone call when she ended the relationship?

That in itself could be worrying.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2020, 12:01:15 PM »
Did not Goncalo Amaral threaten to abduct the small daughter of his ex girl friend in that infamous phone call when she ended the relationship?

That in itself could be worrying.

🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️ I doubt there will be any trace of that left on the internet now.  What was it ... the golden gun???

Offline Brietta

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2020, 12:43:04 PM »
  🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️ I doubt there will be any trace of that left on the internet now.  What was it ... the golden gun???

I was wrong; there is still mention of the episode in various places including on this forum.  Don't know where the 'golden gun' came from in my memory but with or without, it makes illuminating reading when giving thought to the sort of behaviour of which Amaral appears to be capable.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2020, 07:17:21 PM »
I was wrong; there is still mention of the episode in various places including on this forum.  Don't know where the 'golden gun' came from in my memory but with or without, it makes illuminating reading when giving thought to the sort of behaviour of which Amaral appears to be capable.

I think it was The Golden Bullet.  And not actually The Gun.  This is not a very nice man.  Amaral and his friends threatened to to destroy her.  And they tried.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2020, 09:02:53 AM »
I think it was The Golden Bullet.  And not actually The Gun.  This is not a very nice man.  Amaral and his friends threatened to to destroy her.  And they tried.

Any evidence of this alleged incident perchance? Apart from a blog with just one entry and no names, of course.  8(>((
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2020, 09:22:53 AM »
Any evidence of this alleged incident perchance? Apart from a blog with just one entry and no names, of course.  8(>((

Didn't J. Morais do a thing about it on her blog which confirmed this particular incident?  It is a long time ago now and unfortunately links to peccadilloes which existed at the time no longer work.

Some posters as on fora such as ours copied the original articles which have kept a record of sorts of what was reported in the Portuguese press at the time.

I don't think we'll ever know the half of it.

These can still be found either by accident or design and are still able to stand as testimony that the "golden bullet" episode - among others - is without doubt a fact which illustrates the nature of Goncalo Amaral and perhaps even those with whom he is associated.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 01:05:25 PM by Brietta »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »
Didn't J. Morais do a thing about it on her blog which confirmed this particular incident?  It is a long time ago now and unfortunately inks to peccadilloes which existed at the time no longer work.

Some posters as on fora such as ours copied the original articles which have kept a record of sorts of what was reported in the Portuguese press at the time.

I don't think we'll ever know the half of it.

These can still be found either by accident or design and are still able to stand as testimony that the "golden bullet" episode - among others - is without doubt a fact which illustrates the nature of Goncalo Amaral and perhaps even those with whom he is associated.

Thanks Brietta.  J Morais did do a Blog about this and The Phone Call was recorded On Line in Portuguese and then Translated.

The incident at a party held by Amaral when there was an attempt to attack this unfortunate lady was reported in The Portuguese Press.  It happened in the street and was witnessed, although nothing appears to have been done about it.

I put this down to the unquestionable rights of some members of The PJ at the time.

Goncalo Amaral owed shed loads of money to Banks, Mortgage Companies and The Portuguese Inland Revenue at the time which so far does not seem to have been recovered, although what was left of his Book Money was sequestered by The Court and not by The McCanns.

Also in 2002 Amaral and Sofia Leal were found guilty of misappropriating funds belonging to Amaral's brother and I don't suppose that the brother ever got that back either.

So much for The Honour of Goncalo Amaral and his wife.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
Thanks Brietta.  J Morais did do a Blog about this and The Phone Call was recorded On Line in Portuguese and then Translated.

The incident at a party held by Amaral when there was an attempt to attack this unfortunate lady was reported in The Portuguese Press.  It happened in the street and was witnessed, although nothing appears to have been done about it.

I put this down to the unquestionable rights of some members of The PJ at the time.

Goncalo Amaral owed shed loads of money to Banks, Mortgage Companies and The Portuguese Inland Revenue at the time which so far does not seem to have been recovered, although what was left of his Book Money was sequestered by The Court and not by The McCanns.

Also in 2002 Amaral and Sofia Leal were found guilty of misappropriating funds belonging to Amaral's brother and I don't suppose that the brother ever got that back either.

So much for The Honour of Goncalo Amaral and his wife.

Anyway ... we have a bit of an idea that in the past Goncalo Amaral has had a few suspect dealings with individuals including as Sofia might say his 'Latin' side ... but in the main involving fraud of some kind or other.

For example, the court case involving his brother and the perjury trial; from both of which he emerged on the losing side.

But he has been very quiet - for him - of late.  So what is he doing now?

According to the Spanish press ...

Snip
Apparently this was a way of acting typical of the former police officer, since, as it is remembered, Paulo Pereira Cristovao was one of the main figures who pointed to Madeleine's parents as responsible for his disappearance.

A case because of its social impact, earned its participation in a recent documentary on Netflix which provides statements on the case of the smallest and also the publication of his book "La estrella de Madeleine" (The Star of Madeleine).

Like this former police officer, Gonçalo Amaral , who was the investigator in charge of Madeleine's case, is also under suspicion of having participated in another criminal network. Despite this, he is released until such information is verified.
https://larepublica.pe/mundo/2019/12/07/madeleine-mccann-policia-que-investigo-el-caso-va-a-la-carcel-por-estar-involucrado-en-red-criminal-desaparicion-portugal-trata-de-personas-rddr/

Certainly raises a thought in my mind about whether or not the imprisoned German paedophile fingered by Amaral, actually is the focus of the Judicial Police and Scotland Yard investigations.
Or is it something entirely different.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2020, 01:30:49 PM »

Was Amaral a dishonourable man?  Or was it just the way of the World in a Post Revolution time?  Were The PJ exempt from question?  One could hardly blame Amaral if this was so.  It was what he was brought up and educated to believe, and perhaps what he hoped for.  After all, the peasants have to be controlled.

I saw some of this during my visits to Portugal in the 70s.  And thought that it was a bit of a laugh.  How could ordinary people be so afraid?  I didn't believe that they could.  But I didn't know that these ordinary people were being Tortured just for the sake of solving a case.

I will never believe that Amaral didn't know that Leonore Cipriano was being tortured.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2020, 02:52:02 PM »
Was Amaral a dishonourable man?  Or was it just the way of the World in a Post Revolution time?  Were The PJ exempt from question?  One could hardly blame Amaral if this was so.  It was what he was brought up and educated to believe, and perhaps what he hoped for.  After all, the peasants have to be controlled.

I saw some of this during my visits to Portugal in the 70s.  And thought that it was a bit of a laugh.  How could ordinary people be so afraid?  I didn't believe that they could.  But I didn't know that these ordinary people were being Tortured just for the sake of solving a case.

I will never believe that Amaral didn't know that Leonore Cipriano was being tortured.

If memory serves me well part of the threat levelled by Amaral in the 'golden bullet' audio recording was to life and liberty by planting evidence.
Which would be quite frightening considering that he had the means to do so.  Such a threat if directed at me, would certainly have ruffled my feathers.

Anyway, I think you are right in what you post about a certain attitude of entitlement among some former PJ which appears to be borne out in an interview with an old friend ...

Snip
MF – What really made them mad was being made arguidos.

GA – Now that you know the process, tell me… Under the old Penal Process, how do I ask Kate: "Are you lying when you say you didn't touch the window? As a matter of fact, it was you who opened the window. We have material evidence of that." A question like this forces the constitution of arguido because it invades her sphere of constitutional rights. I have to give her the right not to reply, instead of lying. The only solution was to make her an arguida.

MF – Things were different in my time. She would have been under such an attack that before she realised anything, she'd be in jail.
GA – Right, but in your time, in our old times, investigation was made with fuel. Now we all move on honey.

https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id173.htm

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2020, 03:32:40 PM »

Amaral also told his departing lady friend that if he abducted her daughter then the child would never be seen again.  How did he think he could do this?

In the light of intervening years we have all forgotten so much of how dreadfully smug he was about who he thought he was and how right he was going to be proved to be when short of a hefty smack to whoever he thought was guilty.

One can only thank God that this didn't happen to Kate McCann.  She might well have caved in.  But The World was watching by then.

I am still bemused by it all, but things moved on and ceased to be important beyond his own get out of jail card.  Amaral is now a busted flush.

Leonor Cipriano served 16 years for a murder that she almost certainly didn't commit.  That is the real horror story.