Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 395864 times)

Offline Eleanor

Goncalo Amaral.
« on: April 13, 2020, 07:27:57 AM »

Does anyone know what Goncalo Amaral is up to at the moment?  Or where he is?

I am suffering some serious withdrawal symptoms, so anything will do.

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:44:44 AM »
Does anyone know what Goncalo Amaral is up to at the moment?  Or where he is?

I am suffering some serious withdrawal symptoms, so anything will do.

Haven't heard anything since his interview on Spanish television where he just doesn't appear to be able to get over his obsession with Madeleine's parent ...
Snip
But what I know is that he is not that man. He is another ", says Gonçalo Amaral.

This other indicated by the former inspector is also detained in Germany and he is also a pedophile. According to him, the man was flagged after talking about Maddie in  a pedophile chat room .

Amaral also underlined a new fact about the German signaled: "It is similar, almost equal, to Gerry McCann [father of Madeleine]".
https://www.cmjornal.pt/mundo/detalhe/goncalo-amaral-diz-que-suspeito-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-e-quase-igual-a-gerry-mccann

Interestingly I came across this little snippet from around the same time  https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2019/12/07/el-arresto-de-un-policia-sacude-el-caso-madeleine-mccann-a-12-anos-de-la-desaparicion-de-la-nina/  but can find nothing further on the statement ...
Snip
Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who also wrote a book on the mysterious plot , in which he harshly accused the girl's parents, was part of a criminal network that orchestrated several violent robberies on Lisbon properties and at a resort in Cascais. The prosecution proved that her role in the gang was to provide key information about the victims and their homes.
Gonçalo Amaral, who had been the chief investigator of the Madeleine McCann case, is also suspected of participating in the criminal network .
============================================

Wonder what that is about?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 08:54:50 AM »
Haven't heard anything since his interview on Spanish television where he just doesn't appear to be able to get over his obsession with Madeleine's parent ...
Snip
But what I know is that he is not that man. He is another ", says Gonçalo Amaral.

This other indicated by the former inspector is also detained in Germany and he is also a pedophile. According to him, the man was flagged after talking about Maddie in  a pedophile chat room .

Amaral also underlined a new fact about the German signaled: "It is similar, almost equal, to Gerry McCann [father of Madeleine]".
https://www.cmjornal.pt/mundo/detalhe/goncalo-amaral-diz-que-suspeito-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-e-quase-igual-a-gerry-mccann

Interestingly I came across this little snippet from around the same time  https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2019/12/07/el-arresto-de-un-policia-sacude-el-caso-madeleine-mccann-a-12-anos-de-la-desaparicion-de-la-nina/  but can find nothing further on the statement ...
Snip
Paulo Pereira Cristovao, who also wrote a book on the mysterious plot , in which he harshly accused the girl's parents, was part of a criminal network that orchestrated several violent robberies on Lisbon properties and at a resort in Cascais. The prosecution proved that her role in the gang was to provide key information about the victims and their homes.
Gonçalo Amaral, who had been the chief investigator of the Madeleine McCann case, is also suspected of participating in the criminal network .

Oh Dear.  That's a serious accusation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 09:00:08 AM »
Snip

Snip

if true that would suggest he is currently an arguido.  Again.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 09:35:37 AM »
if true that would suggest he is currently an arguido.  Again.
This is something Ive suspected for some time. Amaral seemed quite close to Christovao .Is it realistic to think other police officers did not at least know what was going on. How much did this thug life mentality pervade through the PJ at that time . Remember we also have Almeida who wrote the interim report, another of amarals pals. found guilty of torture.....but still allowed to keep his job.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 09:40:25 AM »
This is something Ive suspected for some time. Amaral seemed quite close to Christovao .Is it realistic to think other police officers did not at least know what was going on. How much did this thug life mentality pervade through the PJ at that time . Remember we also have Almeida who wrote the interim report, another of amarals pals. found guilty of torture.....but still allowed to keep his job.

Amaral and Cristovao were bosom pals at one time.  And then they distanced themselves.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 09:41:44 AM »
Amaral and Cristovao were bosom pals at one time.  And then they distanced themselves.

That itself raises questions

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 09:43:08 AM »
That itself raises questions

It certainly did for me.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »
Around the time Madeleine went missing we know the Judicial Police were being kept busy with drug busts. https://www.publico.pt/2007/06/15/sociedade/noticia/portimao-novo-organismo-europeu-colaborou-na-apreensao-de-cocaina-1296844 

As far as I know this was the sort of criminality in which Amaral had a particular expertise and not investigating missing children.
I wonder if this had any bearing on the obvious resentment he continues to nurse for Madeleine's parents all these years down the line.  Despite his notions being in my opinion totally sidelined by the SY and PJ investigation and as he himself has been eager to broadcast, the investigation of suspects not known to anyone outwith the investigation.

Good to see he has apparently kept in touch with at least one of his 'sources within the PJ'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:04:46 PM »
When ever did truth matter Eleanor ?

Truth is now what you can make people believe and those astute enough to question that truth are labelled heretics. It certainly is a tipsy turvy world.

truth has always mattered ...but not to those who I would label gullible. Amaral made many claims...believed by many...but not backed by evidence.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:17:03 PM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 12:23:15 PM »
When ever did truth matter Eleanor ?

Truth is now what you can make people believe and those astute enough to question that truth are labelled heretics. It certainly is a tipsy turvy world.

It never did to some, Faith.  I think that's the point I'm trying to make.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 12:54:07 PM »
truth has always mattered ...but not to those who I would label gullible. Amaral made many claims...believed by many...but not backed by evidence.

The McCanns also made many claims, believed by many, but not backed by evidence.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 01:08:32 PM »
The McCanns also made many claims, believed by many, but not backed by evidence.

The McCanns made their claims based on personal & direct experience of the circumstances surrounding Madeleine's disappearance, not as an observer to the aftermath.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

This thread is Re amaral so you are off topic... I think the decision to believe the mccanns or not is based on lots of real evidence

Offline misty

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »
And what about Sofia Leal?  I read somewhere that she had bought a B&B in Spain with the book money, but I have no idea if this is true.

She was still working for the Tourist Board in 2016. https://dre.pt/home/-/dre/73013574/details/maximized but I think she was dismissed for poor work attendance.