Author Topic: McCanns seek to have Supreme Court judgement annulled in libel damages case.  (Read 61495 times)

Offline G-Unit

I'm awaiting the result of the success or otherwise of the McCann request for an annulment with great interest and not only from a partisan viewpoint.

Despite the oft stated belief that there was no leave to appeal following a Supreme Court Ruling ... it is now evident that was wrong and that such rulings may be open to question in appropriate circumstances.

Judges cannot be seen to be allowed to overturn the provisions of a written Constitution in a parliamentary democracy.

What on earth fuelled the arrogance of these three individuals to assume that they would be allowed to do just that?

My! Could you explain how the judges overturned 'the provisions of a written Constitution in a parliamentary democracy'?  That would be most interesting.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

It is quite clear to me that the McCanns are wrong. The role of a public prosecutor is to decide if enough evidence has been collected to mount a prosecution. In this case there wasn't enough evidence so the case was shelved. It is not their role to decide on innocence or guilt. Duarte got that wrong, as the judges pointed out.
The annulment would depend on the Judges getting  that wrong.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

I imagine the SC will do all the enlightening that is required.
Portugal's future reputation depends on it. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.