Author Topic: It’s simply not possible Luke Mitchell murdered Jodi Jones because...  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

...because what?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

...because what?

I think this has the makings of being a very short thread.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Parky41

Because Sandra Leans book said so?  Isn't that proof enough?

Offline faithlilly

Because Sandra Leans book said so?  Isn't that proof enough?

I’ve certainly found less holes in Sandra’s book than your narrative.

First this from you.

“What I really want to pick up on here is the actual part of what the operator said "the laddies in a right state" used when Ms Lean makes an attempt to show that Luke was not emotionless. Luke was calm and collective in his call, it was SK who was extremely distressed he was the "laddie in a right state" The defence attempted to use this at trial, until the actual recordings were played clearly showing it was the call from SK and not LM who was "in a right state."

If you watch Frontline Scotland from the BBC ( a documentary SL had no part in) they state categorically that those words by the operator were clearly in relation to Luke so I’m not sure why you are trying to convince member’s otherwise?

https://youtu.be/-m-zHEUOFR0  Around the 23 minute mark.

And this

“  She had failed to meet with Luke, the connecting area is the path however we know that the prompt for searching this path, came from LM. The search trio barely had time to draw breath before being led onto Roansdyke path?”

This is simply not true and it’s well documented that it was AW’s suggestion that they head back down the path in the direction which Luke had just come from.

It must be galling not to be able to post whatever you like without question.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:42:38 AM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

I’ve certainly found less holes in Sandra’s book than your narrative.

Didn’t you post it was Luke who suggested going back down the path he had just come up when it’s well documented that it was AW’s suggestion?

It must be galling not to be able to post whatever you like without question.
Perhaps you could answer the thread question?  Oh wait, you’re pretending not to read my posts so can’t.  What a pity, here was your big chance to explain why Luke couldn’t possibly have committed the crime.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
Perhaps you could answer the thread question?  Oh wait, you’re pretending not to read my posts so can’t.  What a pity, here was your big chance to explain why Luke couldn’t possibly have committed the crime.

I don't think any of us on here  are saying he couldn't possibly have done it.  Of course, he could possibly have done it, particularly if he was high on cannabis at the time, and who knows whether or not he was?

I have doubts about his guilt, however, and  for the following reasons:

Too many people appear to have changed their statements.

There appear to be  several other possible suspects.

He was aged 14 (and yes, I know there are 14 year olds that have committed murder, but there can't be that many).

Jodi was his girlfriend, and I don't see what reason he could have had to kill her.

Some of the evidence against him, such as the eyewitnesses, seems, to me, unreliable.

And that's apart from the fact that the way he was interrogated was, IMO, disgusting.

With or without Sandra Lean, there are, IMO, questions to be asked.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I don't think any of us on here  are saying he couldn't possibly have done it.  Of course, he could possibly have done it, particularly if he was high on cannabis at the time, and who knows whether or not he was?

He was aged 14 (and yes, I know there are 14 year olds that have committed murder, but there can't be that many).

Jodi was his girlfriend, and I don't see what reason he could have had to kill her.

Some of the evidence against him, such as the eyewitnesses, seems, to me, unreliable.

And that's apart from the fact that the way he was interrogated was, IMO, disgusting.

So you accept that he could have done it?  I was under the impression some believed he couldn’t have done so for some of the reasons you mention above, eg his so-called alibi and his apparent lack of a motive.  Personally I think the lack of motive is a complete red herring as no one has come close to suggesting anything like a plausible motive for anyone at all to butcher a young girl in the manner that Jodi was murdered.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
So you accept that he could have done it?  I was under the impression some believed he couldn’t have done so for some of the reasons you mention above, eg his so-called alibi and his apparent lack of a motive.  Personally I think the lack of motive is a complete red herring as no one has come close to suggesting anything like a plausible motive for anyone at all to butcher a young girl in the manner that Jodi was murdered.

Yes, I accept that he could have done it.

For your information , although I'm going off topic, I also think Vincent Tabak COULD have "done it".

I don't believe lack of motive is a red herring. There is always a reason why people kill------even if they have done it while high on drugs.  We don't actually know whether there was a reason why anyone would have wanted Jodi dead. We don't know what she might have known about someone else (even if that someone else was Luke).

Offline Venturi Swirl

For your information , although I'm going off topic, I also think Vincent Tabak COULD have "done it".

I don't believe lack of motive is a red herring. There is always a reason why people kill------even if they have done it while high on drugs.  We don't actually know whether there was a reason why anyone would have wanted Jodi dead. We don't know what she might have known about someone else (even if that someone else was Luke).
Hang on.  Vincent Tabak DID do it.  As for the rest of your post you’ve kind of proven my point.  The apparent lack of a motive is not a reason to doubt Mitchell’s guit.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
Hang on.  Vincent Tabak DID do it.  As for the rest of your post you’ve kind of proven my point.  The apparent lack of a motive is not a reason to doubt Mitchell’s guit.

With all due respect, I don't agree with you.

Offline John

Re: It’s simply not possible Luke Mitchell murdered Jodi Jones because...
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »

Lack of motive has always been an issue for me too and one reason why I doubted Luke Mitchell's guilt initially. The HMP Edinburgh inmate who actually boasted/confessed to Jodi's assault and murder was also a red card for me and the two taken together were worrying. The police allegedly cleared sex attacker Alan Roberts despite his cellmate confession that he was the one who attacked Jodi. If you read up on Roberts MO you will see that there are remarkable similarities to the way in which Jodi was restrained. Roberts apparently cycled around the Lothians looking for victims, this particular fact has never been publicised.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12411335.life-sentence-for-rape-kit-sex-attacker/

https://www.scotsman.com/news/rape-kit-man-begins-life-sentence-sex-attack-2470061

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/RAPE+KIT+BEAST%3B+He+carried+a+mask,+pillowcase+and+ties.-a0125289313

Q/ Was the DNA lifted from the scene of Jodi's murder ever cross checked?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 05:25:42 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 05:18:16 PM »
With all due respect, I don't agree with you.
You don’t think Tabak did it?  I find that quite astounding but not for this thread obviously.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 05:19:34 PM »
You don’t think Tabak did it?  I find that quite astounding but not for this thread obviously.

See you on the correct thread then!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 05:21:29 PM »

Prime amongst them being Shane Mitchell whose statement formed part of the alibi defence Mitchell was relying on.

All of whom were traced and checked out by the police.

He was a sexually active fourteen year old drug user who acquired and distributed drugs whether he was a dealer or not I have no idea.  Apparently he was Jodi's first boyfriend so it can be presumed he introduced her to both sex and drugs.

Apparently Jodi was one of three that we know of.
One of whom he was due to stay with on holiday the other of whom dumped him alleging he had held a knife to her throat.

The eye witness evidence was checked out by the police and I believe stood the test of tying in with other evidence

The police were reprimanded in the appeal court ... but apparently he gave as good as he got with an aplomb far beyond his years.
I believe there was a responsible adult in with him at interrogation - if so and if as disgusting as you think, why was there no intervention?

I have a couple of questions ~
  • evidence is he carried a knife ... what happened to it?
  • evidence is he wore a particular type of jacket ... what happened to it?
Both of these items were replaced exactly by Mitchell's mother.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »
Lack of motive has always been an issue for me too and one reason why I doubted Luke Mitchell's guilt initially. The HMP Edinburgh inmate who actually boasted/confessed to Jodi's assault and murder was also a red card for me and the two taken together were worrying. The police allegedly cleared sex attacker Alan Roberts despite his confession that he was the one who attacked Jodi to a cell mate. If you read up on Roberts MO you will see that there are remarkable similarities to the way in which Jodi was restrained. Roberts apparently cycled around the Lothians looking for victims, this particular fact has never been publicised.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12411335.life-sentence-for-rape-kit-sex-attacker/

Q/ Was the DNA lifted from the scene of Jodi's murder ever cross checked?

Do you have any idea why Roberts would have confessed, if he didn't do it?