Author Topic: Luke Mitchell a victim of Press scam entrapment!  (Read 2884 times)

Offline John

Luke Mitchell a victim of Press scam entrapment!
« on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »
Convicted killer Luke Mitchell, currently serving time for the murder of girlfriend Jodi Jones, has been the victim of a Press scam intended merely to elicit some sort of sordid story.  The story repeated below comes following the latest news that his case will not be referred to the High Court by the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission (SCRRC). 

Sordid jail letters from Luke Mitchell have opened a window into the warped mind of Jodi Jones’s murderer
12 July 2014 12:01 AM
By Dan Warburton

MITCHELL wrote to an undercover journalist posing as a teenage girl as he served part of his sentence for murdering girlfriend Jodi Jones.

SORDID jail letters from Luke Mitchell have opened a window into the warped mind of Jodi Jones’s murderer.

Thinking he was writing to a teenage girl, Mitchell demanded sexually explicit pictures and tried to lure his penpal into visiting him behind bars.

The sadistic killer loaded his letters with sleazy innuendo, boasting of his sexual prowess.

Mitchell signed the scrawled notes – made public for the first time today – with the phrase “Lots of love, lust, kisses and much more. Thinking dirty thoughts of you.”

And he boasted of his notoriety inside, writing: “You needn’t worry ‘bout the ‘risky’ pics being seized and falling into the wrong hands.

“The screws are usually very careful when it comes to do with me, due to me being high-profile.”

Mitchell added: “Really looking forward to more pictures of you! The more ‘risky’ the better!

“Don’t worry, the ‘screws’ don’t read the mail, they just check there’s nothing in it we shouldn’t have (drugs etc!).”

Mitchell was only 14 when he murdered girlfriend Jodi, also 14, near her home in Easthouses, Midlothian, in June 2003. He tied her hands, slashed her throat and left knife wounds on her face, breast and abdomen.

A jury convicted him in 2005 of murder and he was jailed for life with a minimum term of 20 years.

Mitchell wrote the letters from Polmont Young Offenders Institution after falling headlong into a honeytrap.

The 16-year-old he believed he was writing to was in fact an undercover journalist investigating the workings of his mind.

Mitchell was totally fooled, although he did warn his penpal against leaking the letters to newspapers.

He wrote: “Sorry for mentioning the stuff about the press. I wasn’t saying you would, just that I’ve learned to be cautious.

“Sorry if I upset you, you’ll have to tell me how I can make it up to you!

“I’m sure there’s plenty I can do. I definitely think I’m well enough equipped to handle you (and your appetite!). You look very tasty!”

Mitchell described the mundane routine of life behind bars.

He told how he worked in Polmont’s laundry as “a cleaner, brushing, mopping and working the washing machine”.

And he wrote of “smoking and having a coffee” in his cell as he listened to his favourite metal bands – Korn, System of a Down and Slipknot.

But mostly, Mitchell only had one thing on his mind.

After apologising to his “sexy nympho” for being late replying to her letters, he wrote: “I’m sure you can think of a way for me to make it up to you! I’m sure I’ll be ‘up’ to the task!

“Yes, your photos are very hot! The more the better! I’m sure you could lay on your bed and think of ways for me to satisfy you!

“So, you’re thinking of a ‘boyfriend-girlfriend’ thing to be happening? If that’s the case we’ll have to see where things take us.

“If you tell me what you like, and how you want it, I’m pretty sure I’d be able to accommodate you in both reality and a story to keep you going for now!

“It’s very much fine by me if you let your ‘rude mind’ run riot.”

On another occasion, as Mitchell apologised for a short letter, he bragged: “Trust me though, size has never let me down, so no need to worry there!

“So tell me, what’s a good way to win your heart?”

Mitchell was also keen to see his penpal in the flesh.

He wrote: “Yes the idea of a visit sounds very nice, don’t know how I’d fit you in around my friends and family (I’m allowed five visitors a month).

“I’ll definitely give it some thought. If it can be done, you’re free to bring a girlfriend along but I’d need her address, name etc, to book the visit.

“Plus all visitors need to bring photo ID otherwise they don’t get in! I’d need the details at least a month in advance, but for now I’ll give it some thought.”

In another letter, Mitchell wrote: “So, ‘you look a lot better in the flesh?’ Well you look pretty damn fine in the pics, so... he he he.

“Anyway, besides writing to me and hitting the town, what else do you enjoy doing? What ‘gets you going’?!?

“If you still want a visit I may be able to book you in for the start of September.

“I’d need your details and your girlfriend’s details pretty soon. Weekend visits aren’t as good because they’re 45 minutes instead of an hour! Hopefully that will be OK for you.”

Mitchell wrote his letters in 2008 but they have never been published. The undercover reporter passed them to us after we told this week of Mitchell’s ongoing fight against his conviction.

The killer is now 25 and held at Shotts jail in Lanarkshire. We revealed that freed Birmingham Six member Paddy Hill, now a justice campaigner, plans to visit him there to help him with his campaign.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-sleazy-letters-brutal-3845609
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:52:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.