Author Topic: Greek police to carry out DNA tests on Roma man.  (Read 5034 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Greek police to carry out DNA tests on Roma man.
« on: October 27, 2013, 05:53:57 AM »
Maria case brings new lead in Ben Needham disappearance

Kerry Grist, the mother of Ben Needham, holds a portrait of how her son may look now

I was excited about this until i read the boy was seen in a Roma Gypsy camp.

However, maybe this time its true...I hope so for the sake of the mum who has been tireless in her search for her son.x

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/10406488/Maria-case-brings-new-lead-in-Ben-Needham-disappearance.html
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:51:43 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Greek police to carry out DNA tests on Roma man.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »
Greek police investigating disappearance of British toddler Ben Needham in 1991 to carry out DNA tests on Roma man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477783/Is-Roma-man-missing-Ben-Needham-Greek-police-carry-DNA-tests.html

... edited content/header and merge topics ....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:37:23 PM by Mr Moderator »

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
Greek police investigating disappearance of British toddler
Ben Needham in 1991 to carry out DNA tests on Roma man.

• Man identified is living with Roma family in Cyprus after fleeing Greece
  • Video and images were handed to authorities in Kos by anonymous tipster
  • Ben's mother Kerry said family are optimistic after the breakthrough

Breakthrough: Ben, pictured left, has never been found but new images and a video show a Roma
man with light brown hair and blue eyes, as in the artist's impression above, right.
Police want to find and DNA test him.

There is also a video of the man, which has been viewed by authorities.

The man came to the attention of the Greek police when he fled the mainland with his family a few years ago to avoid compulsory military service.

After seeing the image, Kerry, 41, told the Sunday Mirror that she believes the man in the photograph could be Ben, who would now be aged 23.

She said: 'I’ve seen the picture and believe he bears a resemblance to how Ben might now look.

'As a family we’re greatly lifted by this and we will be in close contact with the Greek authorities to make sure we are kept fully aware of any progress.

'We’ve never given up hope of finding Ben and we are encouraged that the police in Greece are continuing to investigate.'

The image came to light after an unnamed tipster approached the Lawyers Association in Kos.

Panayiotis Avrithis, the president the association, realised the potentially explosive nature of the images and handed them to Alexandra Moussoura, the area's District Attorney.

The video clip shows a man Greek sources say is between 20 and 25, with four other men from the Roma community, attending a church service in Limassol, Cyprus.

The development has been described as 'highly significant' by Greek police, who are now expected to work with their Cypriot colleagues to track down the man and establish his identity.

Ben disappeared on July 24, 1991, while his grandparents Eddie and Christine Needham were looking after him in the Greek resort.

Despite a move by Greek police to excavate land in Kos in a bid to uncover Ben's body, his mother Kerry has refused to believe that her son died after being taken.

Read more...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:43:36 PM by Mr Moderator »

Redblossom

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »
Maria case brings new lead in Ben Needham disappearance

Kerry Grist, the mother of Ben Needham, holds a portrait of how her son may look now

I was excited about this until i read the boy was seen in a Roma Gypsy camp.

However, maybe this time its true...I hope so for the sake of the mum who has been tireless in her search for her son.x

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/greece/10406488/Maria-case-brings-new-lead-in-Ben-Needham-disappearance.html

I share your scepticism

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ben-needham-picture-roma-man-2643982

It doesnt have to be said that everyone hopes he will be found but coming on the back of all the roma and stolen, not, children this last week or so, its normal to be cynical......chancea are is guy is not Ben, least they had decency to blur the image

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:05:02 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Joanne

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:27:10 PM »

Redblossom

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »
was there ever any real reason to think it was? No...which makes me thnk, what is the matter with some people...this is the fourthcase in a month or so where people living in roma communities or friends of theirs have been targetted and accused of having children they potentially stole.....its too grubby imo and tbh Im surprised Kerry Needham didnt see through this....perhaps she did though.....
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:04:01 PM by Redblossom »

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 11:08:42 PM »
some people are all heart!

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »
Unfortunately, it's not Ben.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24734766

disappointing - where there is a will there is a way

Redblossom

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 11:57:55 PM »
some people are all heart!

Most people are realists and rational as well as having a heart!!!