Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 506748 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3795 on: May 30, 2019, 02:10:35 PM »
You have admitted that OC made the assumption the parents leaving children unattended would deadlock the kids in the rooms.  If that is their assumption did they make that a rule?

I made no such claim about doors being deadlocked.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3796 on: May 30, 2019, 02:11:49 PM »
Correction. I don't recall making any claim about doors being deadocked.

My opinion was that the company would assume that parents were looking after their children properly.
This is what was said:
Rob: "Maybe the OC assumed that the parents would always deadlock the doors and hence never have wandering kids."

Jassi: "A perfectly reasonable conclusion to reach -IMO."

Did OC assume that the parents deadlocked the doors if kids are left in the rooms?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3797 on: May 30, 2019, 02:13:21 PM »
I made no such claim about doors being deadlocked.
You said it was "a perfectly reasonable conclusion to reach".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3798 on: May 30, 2019, 02:15:20 PM »
That is right, was it left open was it left closed but unlocked, was it locked at times?  If it was closed and unlocked would a 3-4 year old be able to turn the handle, or open it however it was to be opened. 
It was Jassi's opinion that was their assumption.

OK.  Just a clarification.

Every cafe/restaurant/bar in Portugal is obliged by law to publish its opening hours.  Typically that permit goes on the front door.

The Tapas was working during its opening hours.  It was accessible by members of the public.  The doors are simple glass doors, secured by a metal key in a bog standard lock.
What's up, old man?

Offline jassi

« Reply #3799 on: May 30, 2019, 02:15:29 PM »
This is what was said:
Rob: "Maybe the OC assumed that the parents would always deadlock the doors and hence never have wandering kids."

Jassi: "A perfectly reasonable conclusion to reach -IMO."

Did OC assume that the parents deadlocked the doors if kids are left in the rooms?

My response was to the bit about children wandering., not deadlocking of doors, though I agree it was included in the quote.

I don't think the company would want small children wandering unaccompanied into the Tapas area, on safety grounds.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #3800 on: May 30, 2019, 02:18:56 PM »
None of the victims families bothered to approach the press & give warning to other families that a nocturnal nasty was at large & being ignored in the Algarve.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that this smelly, pot bellied, surgical masked, serial rogue intruder didn't actually exist.

I've seen more evidence of the existence of Father Christmas to be fair.

If your kid had been sexually assaulted would you go to the media and have every tabloid on your doorstep?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3801 on: May 30, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
OK.  Just a clarification.

Every cafe/restaurant/bar in Portugal is obliged by law to publish its opening hours.  Typically that permit goes on the front door.

The Tapas was working during its opening hours.  It was accessible by members of the public.  The doors are simple glass doors, secured by a metal key in a bog standard lock.
Quite often there is a disclaimer:
"Rights of admission are reserved by the management"  There are hours of business but management can close the doors at anytime they desire.

Look all I want to know is if the management decided to close the door how would a 3- 4 year old get through?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:26:25 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3802 on: May 30, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »
My response was to the bit about children wandering., not deadlocking of doors, though I agree it was included in the quote.

I don't think the company would want small children wandering unaccompanied into the Tapas area, on safety grounds.
Well the kids left in the apartments have the possibility of wandering unless they are deadlocked into the rooms.
How would the OC stop the kids coming over to the Tapas area looking for their parents?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #3803 on: May 30, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
Well the kids left in the apartments have the possibility of wandering unless they are deadlocked into the rooms.
How would the OC stop the kids coming over to the Tapas area looking for their parents?

That was the responsibility of the parents, not the company. IMO

The company provided child care facilities for those who wished to avail themselves of it.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3804 on: May 30, 2019, 02:29:53 PM »
That was the responsibility of the parents, not the company. IMO
They took the block booking from the Tapas 9 for several days in a row, knowing that the kids were being left on their own.  I think there is a point where the company has to say "that is enough, we like your business but you need to look after the kids better".
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #3805 on: May 30, 2019, 02:31:38 PM »
They took the block booking from the Tapas 9 for several days in a row, knowing that the kids were being left on their own.  I think there is a point where the company has to say "that is enough, we like your business but you need to look after the kids better".

Are you suggesting that OC should have taken some firm action, such as refused to serve them, or perhaps ejected them from their facilities ?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:32:44 PM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3806 on: May 30, 2019, 02:35:47 PM »
If your kid had been sexually assaulted would you go to the media and have every tabloid on your doorstep?

I am aware of 2 newspapers located in the Algarve.

If you have more, that would be most interesting.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3807 on: May 30, 2019, 02:36:23 PM »
I fully understand that but once Kate decides to tell Madeleine where she could find her parents, that only makes sense if Kate thought the door at the secondary reception would remain open while they were dining.

I have seen no evidence that Kate told Madeleine where she could find her parents.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3808 on: May 30, 2019, 02:39:19 PM »
Quite often there is a disclaimer:
"Rights of admission are reserved by the management"  There are hours of business but management can close the doors at anytime they desire.

Look all I want to know is if the management decided to close the door how would a 3- 4 year old get through?

Sorry, pure and utter speculation.   &%%6
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3809 on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »

The OC would assume, like most sane people, that small children were in the care of an adult.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0