Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius charged with the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp  (Read 13572 times)

Offline puglove

Re: Oscar Pistorius charged with the murder of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 09:24:14 PM »
Tim I definately do not think Oscar is guilty we haven't heard anything about the case but if the police have been called to disagreements at the house especially if there is any threatening behaviour the case against Oscar looks far worse. They had only been together a few months.

I believed the story about him shooting the girlfriend because he thought she was a burglar because the country is so dangerous to live.
Now we are hearing police have been called to the house before???

I will treat him as innocent till I read more about the case

He's definitely guilty of something.  Girlfriend gets up in the night and goes to the bathroom and puts on the light and locks the door? See anything wrong with this for starters?  She would have put the light on but she didn't have any reason to lock the door unless she was scared?

Pistorius forgot to mention the light emanating from under the bathroom door didn't he in his carefully prepared statement to the court today.  Also, burglars don't put on lights or lock bathroom doors.

The South African policewoman who was interviewed immediately after the shooting also let slip that they had been called to the home previously on several occasions over domestic 'incidents'.  Doesn't look too good does it?

Just my opinion, but I think it would be a mistake to grant him bail. 
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
What doesn't ring true to me,is he said he thought she was a burglar,but surely she would have screamed or cried out after the first shot to her hip and he would have realised it was her,but he then fired more shots into her.

Good point Cheryl, I hadn't thought of that.   8((()*/
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline Myster

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 05:44:35 PM »
Reeva: I'm leaving you Oscar... I've had enough!

Oscar: You can't leave me, Reeva... I love you!

Reeva: I mean it Oscar!

Oscar: Please don't go! ... nobody else is gonna' have you Reeva!

(screams, 4 gunshots then silence)

Oscar: Hello, is that the police?... I've just killed my girlfriend... I mistook her for a burglar!

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »
It appears that neighbours living in the same gated community but some 600m away heard non-stop shouting between 2am and 3am.  That is quite possible but they had no way of knowing where it was coming from.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/crime/oscar-pistorius/51609/pistorius-witness-who-heard-shouting-lived-600m-away
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:08:09 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 08:11:59 PM »

Oscar: Hello, is that the police?... I've just killed my girlfriend... I mistook her for a burglar!

Isn't it rather coincidental that Reeva was about to do a speech about domestic abuse the following day?  Does anyone think that she was intending to reveal something about her own life with Pistorius and he wasn't at all happy about it?   8(8-))
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:24 PM »
Surely there must be a genuine MOJ case somewhere we can get our tooth into .... all we chat about are the guilty like Bamber and Hall and those that look bang to rights guilty like Oscar P. and Dwani! I suppose we can console ourselves by saying we are seeking justice for their victims!

8-)(--)

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 01:55:23 AM »
Oscar Pistorius released on 1 million Rand (£74,200) bail and ordered to hand over all weapons.

Paralympian Oscar Pistorius is at home after being granted bail following a gruelling four-day hearing

Magistrate Desmond Nair said the state had not made a case that he would flee, or that he had a violent character.  The Paralympic champion denies murder, saying he shot Reeva Steenkamp thinking she was an intruder at his home.

It has also emerged that police told Reeva's family that Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead.

The next hearing in the case has been set for 4 June 2013.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21548865
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:01:47 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 01:57:45 AM »
Meanwhile it has been revealed that Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl is also facing culpable homicide charges relating to the killing of a female motorcyclist in 2008.

Charged: Carl Pistorius, with sister Aimee, in court to see their brother Oscar granted bail after being charged with murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp

Carl was initially accused of reckless or negligent driving, but the matter was later provisionally withdrawn. However, the charges were reinstated after the victim's family said they believed it was more than an accident, Eye Witness News reported.

It is claimed police conducted tests on Carl Pistorius' blood at the time of the accident, and he was found not to have been drinking alcohol.

In Britain the equivalent charge to culpable homicide is manslaughter. Carl Pistorius' trial is set to begin at the end of March.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283646/Carl-Pistorius-Brother-Blade-Runner-faces-charges-death-woman-car-crash.html

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:00:50 AM by John »

Offline Andrea

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 02:05:40 AM »
I heard something about a cricket bat being used to smash a door down? Didnt know he'd hit his girlfriend with it, gosh, and he was granted bail.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »
I heard something about a cricket bat being used to smash a door down? Didnt know he'd hit his girlfriend with it, gosh, and he was granted bail.

I can see this case going the same way as the brothers.  It has been on the go for five years, been dropped by the judges and then reinstated by the State Attorney.  There would appear to be a tug of war going on in South Africa between those who attempt to buy justice and those who profess to dispense it for the greater good.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Offline Carana

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 06:57:53 PM »

He apparently used a cricket bat to open the locked door to the toilet, but I haven't read anything about him using to bash her with it.

Offline Carana

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 07:04:08 PM »

Hmmm. In the middle of the night? Possible, I suppose.

Would that be premeditated murder?

Offline Myster

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »
Hmmm. In the middle of the night? Possible, I suppose.

Would that be premeditated murder?
Almost forgot I'd posted that 12 months ago !

I wonder if there was any sign of suitcase/holdall packed and ready to go, as if Reeva was about to sneak out quietly in the middle of the night... or if she got up quietly to start packing without him knowing, disturbed him and he woke up, then they started arguing ?

What was his odd idea of bringing in a fan from the balcony patio around 3am. ?  Was the bedroom hot, or air-conditioned mid-February in Pretoria ?
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.