Author Topic: Who would trust Bojo or Trump  (Read 79587 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Who would trust Bojo or Trump
« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2016, 07:52:14 PM »
You mean like people like Trump and Clinton whose God is money  ?

No ! Any one in general who purports to be a believer in and upholder of democracy yet supports overthrowing the legitimate government of another country by force when that country has not invaded another?

People with that view generally do not pass the acid test, which I am not allowed to quote on here as it breaks forum rules.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2016, 08:05:23 PM »
No ! Any one in general who purports to be a believer in and upholder of democracy yet supports overthrowing the legitimate government of another country by force when that country has not invaded another?

People with that view generally do not pass the acid test, which I am not allowed to quote on here as it breaks forum rules.

The only 'democracy' in America is the one ruled by money.

I remember George W Bush saying at a dinner while still President.....

'There are the haves and the have-mores'.

Then look at Putin, basically no more than a Robber Baron. A former KGB officer,  who accumulated his money by nefarious means.

Politically, ethically or morally, I see little difference between the Americans and the Russians, likewise the Chinese.

In the end it's all about power and money, and the rest don't get a look in.

Alfie

« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:38 PM »
If Europe attacked, why not?

Hillary said she'd nuke Iran if they attacked.

Seems fair to me.

But no, everything is Putins fault isn't it, even though Russia have never launched a nuke in anger during warfare, & the only country that has is.....why, it was the US...... under the democrats!
No one's going to nuke anyone, this is childish talk.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2016, 10:25:01 PM »
The only 'democracy' in America is the one ruled by money.

I remember George W Bush saying at a dinner while still President.....

'There are the haves and the have-mores'.

Then look at Putin, basically no more than a Robber Baron. A former KGB officer,  who accumulated his money by nefarious means.

Politically, ethically or morally, I see little difference between the Americans and the Russians, likewise the Chinese.

In the end it's all about power and money, and the rest don't get a look in.

So are you in favour of replacing those you don't like by force or not?
Forgetting what Putin, Obama, Peter the Great, Temujin or whoever may or may not have done.

Bold bit. A sad fact but true the peasant is always the peasant and the secret policeman is always the secret policeman....it's the way things work.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2016, 11:54:28 PM »
The lesser evil, seen here making light of the hilarious brutal public execution of Gadaffi.

Gadaffi Execution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5484y_Jythk

Hillary Glee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtH7iv4ip1U

Have to agree with you there gaddafis betrayal by all his "western pals" happy to use him when expedient, and crass public dagging through the streets with ears cut off was a nasty sight....condoned by the civilised west

Disgusting

stephen25000

« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
So are you in favour of replacing those you don't like by force or not?
Forgetting what Putin, Obama, Peter the Great, Temujin or whoever may or may not have done.

Bold bit. A sad fact but true the peasant is always the peasant and the secret policeman is always the secret policeman....it's the way things work.

No, I'm not normally in favour of interference in other countries affairs.

However, Alice, what about despotic regimes, where people are being killed by their own governments ?

Do you likewise believe, anything we say will change the nature of how countries such as America and Russia operate ?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:57:01 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2016, 12:38:22 PM »
No, I'm not normally in favour of interference in other countries affairs.

1However, Alice, what about despotic regimes, where people are being killed by their own governments ?

2Do you likewise believe, anything we say will change the nature of how countries such as America and Russia operate ?

1. In the case of Syria it is a proven fact terrorists are embedded with the civilian population in Aleppo in particular. That makes any kind of action by the legitimate government difficult to carry out and open to misrepresentation. Do you remember all the hoohah in 1990 when Saddam's troops went into Kuwait ?. All the bollocks alleging the assault troops were carrying and using implements of torture and so on and all the western TV stations showing same?. Assault troops carry all the weapons and shells they can and don't piss about carrying what to them would be useless weight. Those implements of torture were already there cos that's what they do out there [in the ME]. No one's queueing up to duff up the Kuwaiti government. My experience is that in the Middle East any new municipal project kicks off with a police station with cells in it whatever country or state. That's the way it is.
2. What I say or do will make no never mind. I can only voice my opinon against it and it's not just the US and Russia.

I really do recommend reading the "Blood Years" and some ME history to get a grasp of what makes the clock tick out there.
As for Russia the world is scared of it because for a bunch of commies they have been good capitalists for years. Check out the butter mountain (remember the butter mountain?) and the gas pipeline from Tehran to Trieste in 1960s. The Russians have a large muslim population and will not be too keen on a bunch of the wrong sort of muslims creating havoc along the Russians more sensitive parts so will protect that. The Yanks for their part don't want Commy gas and oil taking over the world. Our problem is we are too keen to join in because of a special relationship that does not in reality exist although to his credit so far Bojo is not proposing much more than lobbing a few bricks at the Russian embassy.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2016, 01:06:38 PM »

The Russians understand Muslims far better than anyone else.  Russia kept them under control for many years, until Communism and the Satellite Borders collapsed.
Most of us didn't even know that there might be a problem.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »
The Russians understand Muslims far better than anyone else.  Russia kept them under control for many years, until Communism and the Satellite Borders collapsed.
Most of us didn't even know that there might be a problem.

It would not take much to write a convincing argument around relative peace existing in certain areas because those now considered despots had their boots firmly on the necks of the trouble makers! Russia, Tito and Saddam Hussein for example had boots on necks.
Elbowing Assad might on balance be a good idea but until someone knows which of 100+ factions are going to be installed instead of him it does not make much sense.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2016, 03:13:13 PM »

It would not take much to write a convincing argument around relative peace existing in certain areas because those now considered despots had their boots firmly on the necks of the trouble makers! Russia, Tito and Saddam Hussein for example had boots on necks.
Elbowing Assad might on balance be a good idea but until someone knows which of 100+ factions are going to be installed instead of him it does not make much sense.

Reluctantly, I agree.  Perhaps this is why Putin is supporting Assad.  I think Assad is a horrible man, but there are almost certainly much worse.

Offline mercury

« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2016, 11:00:59 PM »
Trumps raped and sexually accosted women and thinks its fine and a feather under his ugly faced hat...whether that has a bearing on world politics probably not dunno his other utterances are a bit horrid goo
Johnson is a prat and not fit to be foreign secretary
Hmmm decisions decisions

Who would i trust? in world events???NEITHER

Offline Carana

« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2016, 05:41:06 PM »
 Nigel Farage backtracks on Donald Trump support amid groping claims

Ukip’s temporary leader tells Jeremy Paxman he disagrees with Republican nominee on ‘lots of things’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/15/nigel-farage-backtracks-on-donald-trump-support-amid-groping-claims