Author Topic: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.  (Read 125318 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: UK votes for #BrExit from the EU. 52% Leave - 48% Stay.
« Reply #1080 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »
NO no no
His so called negotiations (fake and false) before the referendum have nothing to do with  anything
HE made promisesaboutafter the referendum,he ran away with his tail between his legs

A cowardly two faced PM
But we always knew that

Hopefully Cameron will go down in history as the man who took enabled us to leave the EU ......for that I would thank him

stephen25000

« Reply #1082 on: July 06, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
NO no no
His so called negotiations (fake and false) before the referendum have nothing to do with  anything
HE made promisesaboutafter the referendum,he ran away with his tail between his legs

A cowardly two faced PM
But we always knew that

You got it right.

His insecurities, a power struggle within the Tory party and fear of votes going to Ukip led to the referendum and inevitable events since.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:20:01 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1083 on: July 06, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »
The scaremongering continues.

It's not a question of scaremongering, John.

I have no problem with change, but it has to be strategically managed. Change management requires having a strategy in the first place... and the bunch of headless chickens (on both sides) don't even have a plan, let alone a well thought-out strategy to underpin it.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1084 on: July 06, 2016, 11:05:56 AM »
I've yet to hear any argument from any remainer which could ever persuade me that staying in the EU was a good thing.

But then luckily I don't live or work in London.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #1085 on: July 06, 2016, 12:46:24 PM »
I've yet to hear any argument from any remainer which could ever persuade me that staying in the EU was a good thing.

But then luckily I don't live or work in London.

Anyone who owns assets by way of a property and/or stocks and shares etc are likely to see a significant decrease in their value. 

Government finances are also likely to take a turn for the worse with the potential for a decrease in public services and infrastructure projects with the cost of government borrowing increasing and taxes rising.

The BoE's Financial Stability Report July 5 2016 presented by Mark Carney the bank's governor:

Mark Carney, Bank of England, Financial Stability Report July 5 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6juMxEwekU

On the plus side, if you're a heterosexual female, you get to see and hear from MC  8**8:/:
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1086 on: July 06, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »
Anyone who owns assets by way of a property and/or stocks and shares etc are likely to see a significant decrease in their value. 

Government finances are also likely to take a turn for the worse with the potential for a decrease in public services and infrastructure projects with the cost of government borrowing increasing and taxes rising.

The BoE's Financial Stability Report July 5 2016 presented by Mark Carney the bank's governor:

Mark Carney, Bank of England, Financial Stability Report July 5 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6juMxEwekU

On the plus side, if you're a heterosexual female, you get to see and hear from MC  8**8:/:

This is a short term reaction to the stock market being hammered by foreign slush funds who use the UK as a laundry.  I say good riddance.

In the long term the UK is well placed to exploit all worldwide trade opportunities outside of the EU and that is what worries Merkel.  If other countries see the UK begin to prosper under Brexit they will want some too.  I can see Greece vote to leave very shortly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:41:39 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfie

« Reply #1087 on: July 06, 2016, 01:42:14 PM »
How long do you reckon before the UK starts to prosper after leaving the EU?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1088 on: July 06, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »
How long do you reckon before the UK starts to prosper after leaving the EU?

It has begun.  Non EU countries are already making soundings about future trade links.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfie

« Reply #1089 on: July 06, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
It has begun.  Non EU countries are already making soundings about future trade links.
Making soundings does not = prosperity.  Surely even the most rabid Europhobe would have to concede that we've got a long, long way to go before we begin to feel any possible benefits of the split.  Most would also admit that things are inevitably going to get a lot worse for most people before they get better (if they ever do).

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #1090 on: July 06, 2016, 01:54:45 PM »

Until the UK formally exits the EU it will not be in position to enter into any new trade agreements with anyone.  Meanwhile this long period of uncertainty will imo lead to untold damage to the British economy.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Alfie

« Reply #1091 on: July 06, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »
Until the UK formally exits the EU it will not be in position to enter into any new trade agreements with anyone.  Meanwhile this long period of uncertainty will imo lead to untold damage to the British economy.
of course it will.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is severely deluding themselves IMO.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #1092 on: July 06, 2016, 03:24:07 PM »
This is a short term reaction to the stock market being hammered by foreign slush funds who use the UK as a laundry.  I say good riddance.

In the long term the UK is well placed to exploit all worldwide trade opportunities outside of the EU and that is what worries Merkel.  If other countries see the UK begin to prosper under Brexit they will want some too.  I can see Greece vote to leave very shortly.

If the EU fails and/or countries exit in a disorderly manner the economic consequences for the globe will potentially be catastrophic. 

Deutshe bank (HQ Frankfurt) and Santander (HQ Madrid) have very recently failed US stress tests. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36669886

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36723034

How much money do you think the Greek government owes to foreign banks?

I wouldn't mind betting these banks are just the tip of the iceberg with lots of toxicity hidden.  Most banks interlend so if one fails it has the potential to create the domino effect.  Bearing in mind the banking system is still fragile from the 2008 global financial crisis.  Low interest rates and QE eased the pain but what now?

Lloyds and RBS still part owned by UK tax payers since the government bail out:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/8billion-wiped-off-taxpayer-shares-in-rbs-and-lloyds-in-two-days-as-brexit-fallout-takes-toll-on-a3282511.html

Offline Carana

« Reply #1093 on: July 06, 2016, 06:12:17 PM »

What exactly do "soundings" mean?

Non-EU trade links existed before.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1094 on: July 06, 2016, 09:16:27 PM »
There have been worries expressed about multi-nationals who, they say, are here to gain access to EU markets. The problem with them is they get preferential treatment and if things don't suit they're off again. I've worked for two. The first one lost the outsourcing contract we were working on to another multi-national who moved the operation to Portugal. We trained the Portuguese staff here for three months and they were a bit taken aback to find they would be doing a busy, demanding and difficult job for 1/3 of the wage we received. They subsequently lost the jobs to India.

If more UK companies were able to start up with government help at least the jobs created would be relatively safer.
Attracting molti-nationals isn't good for workers because there's no job security.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0