Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 285050 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #570 on: January 24, 2019, 01:33:44 AM »
Why would anyone take a second referendum seriously when they couldn't even implement the first one?
[Snip.]

Perhaps because the basis for the first one was unworkable?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2019, 06:26:56 AM »
Perhaps because the basis for the first one was unworkable?

We cannot know that. Looking back I blame Theresa May who was a remainer for taking personal control of any negociations.  Had there been someone who believed in Brexit in charge we could well have agreed a better deal with the EU IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #572 on: January 24, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
We cannot know that. Looking back I blame Theresa May who was a remainer for taking personal control of any negociations.  Had there been someone who believed in Brexit in charge we could well have agreed a better deal with the EU IMO.
There were a succession of Brexit ministers who were all Leavers, did any of them come up with anything resembling a better deal?  What IS a better deal?  One in which the EU agrees to everything we want?  Well that’s not going to happen, and never was.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #573 on: January 24, 2019, 07:22:49 AM »
This morning the chief executive of Airbus said the company would be forced to make “potentially very harmful decisions for the UK” in the event of a no deal Brexit. In a video statement Tom Enders said: “Please don’t listen to the Brexiteers’ madness which asserts that, because we have huge plants here, we will not move and we will always be here. They are wrong.”

In June Airbus said that it could leave Britain altogether if the country left the EU’s single market and customs union without a transition deal. The aerospace firm employs 14,000 people at 25 sites in Britain.

from today’s Times.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2019, 08:03:09 AM »
Government 'should shut down parliament' if MPs delay Brexit, says Jacob Rees-Mogg
The Brexiteer-in-chief calls for the government to take radical action if MPs succeed with plans to take control of Brexit.

By Greg Heffer, political reporter

Wednesday 23 January 2019 16:25, UK

Is it surprisinng if the EU reaction is to wake them up (my interpretation) when the UK has finally made its mind up as to what it actually wants?

The UK has voted for what it wants and it voted to leave the EU. It's the politicians who seem unable or unwilling to accept that fact.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #575 on: January 24, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »
The UK has voted for what it wants and it voted to leave the EU. It's the politicians who seem unable or unwilling to accept that fact.
Did the UK vote for a hard brexit or a soft brexit?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2019, 08:26:16 AM »
I have to say that now I have got over the shock and horror of what British MPs have descended into, it is much more fun watching it all from this side of The Channel.

I really wanted Brexit for the sake of Britain, no matter how it might affect me.  I have lived with a weak Pound for more than ten years now, and the effect it has had on my British State Pension, which hasn't been funny.  But a persistently weak Pound tells me what the rest of the World thinks of Britain.  And now the politicians are proving it.

Offline Carana

« Reply #577 on: January 24, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »

The problem for me is that so far none of the Brexiteer politicians seem to have a clue what they're talking about, despite their sweeping statements made with an authoritative voice.

There are former WTO negotiators who've taken to Twitter who're banging their heads at some of the things the politicians come out with.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #578 on: January 24, 2019, 11:20:11 AM »
Did the UK vote for a hard brexit or a soft brexit?

If by hard Bresit you mrean leaving the EU then that's what they voted for.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #579 on: January 24, 2019, 11:27:11 AM »
If by hard Bresit you mrean leaving the EU then that's what they voted for.
Have you started posting on a phone...as your typos are getting almost as bad as mine.....i don't have a problem with them but it seems some on here do
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:31:32 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #580 on: January 24, 2019, 11:27:22 AM »
Government 'should shut down parliament' if MPs delay Brexit, says Jacob Rees-Mogg
The Brexiteer-in-chief calls for the government to take radical action if MPs succeed with plans to take control of Brexit.

By Greg Heffer, political reporter

Wednesday 23 January 2019 16:25, UK

Is it surprisinng if the EU reaction is to wake them up (my interpretation) when the UK has finally made its mind up as to what it actually wants?

The people of the UK decided what they wanted in 2016, it is the MPs who are messing it up in order to suit their own agendas.

Feeding out of the self-interest trough. LABOUR shadow Brexit secretary Keir Starmer has pocketed £125,000 from one of the law firms that derailed Brexit – including £25,000 since he became MP.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2125612/labour-shadow-brexit-secretary-keir-starmer-pockets-125000-from-law-firm-derailing-britains-eu-exit/amp/#click=https://t.co/YKxayb6fZz
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:30:39 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #581 on: January 24, 2019, 11:28:20 AM »
I have to say that now I have got over the shock and horror of what British MPs have descended into, it is much more fun watching it all from this side of The Channel.

I really wanted Brexit for the sake of Britain, no matter how it might affect me.  I have lived with a weak Pound for more than ten years now, and the effect it has had on my British State Pension, which hasn't been funny.  But a persistently weak Pound tells me what the rest of the World thinks of Britain.  And now the politicians are proving it.

It's quite fun waching it from here too. The more they try to convince people that they know what they're doing the more obvious it becomes that they don't.  They are damaging themselves, our country, and our political system more and more every day. I wouldn't actually blame Theresa May if she closed Parliament and taught them all a lesson.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #582 on: January 24, 2019, 11:28:39 AM »
I think its significant taht Dyson is building his new car in malaysia....if the EU is so good why isnt he building it there

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #583 on: January 24, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »
It's quite fun waching it from here too. The more they try to convince people that they know what they're doing the more obvious it becomes that they don't.  They are damaging themselves, our country, and our political system more and more every day. I wouldn't actually blame Theresa May if she closed Parliament and taught them all a lesson.

The worrying thing is ...are those running teh EU....and controlling our future....any better....I dont think they are

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #584 on: January 24, 2019, 11:32:45 AM »
Have you started poting on a phone...as your typos are getting almost as bad as mine.....i dont have a problem with them but it seems some on here do

I'm waiting for an operation on a cateract, plus I'm getting lazy and not reading my posts before posting them.
Result = happy posting.