Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 47896 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »
If you want to believe that A C Rowley examined all the evidence feel free, but I think you'll find he did no such thing.
Does Rowley have full possession of the facts of this case or do you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2019, 08:50:09 PM »
I don't believe any police officer, past or present is in possession of the full facts of this case.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 09:24:22 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
I don't believe any police officer, past or present is in position of the full facts of this case.

Are the police privy to every fact of every case solved or unsolved that they investigate?  I think not.  All they can do is to uphold law and order as best they can and as members of the public it is for us to assist them in that, even if only by giving moral support
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2019, 11:09:59 PM »
I don't believe any police officer, past or present is in possession of the full facts of this case.
yet G-Unit seems to think she knows more than Rowley, who has the full files at his disposal, as well as all the information gathered by the McCanns’ detectives, as well as information on the current investigation being undertaken by the Portuguese as well as direct access to the McCanns themselves.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2019, 06:42:11 AM »
yet G-Unit seems to think she knows more than Rowley, who has the full files at his disposal, as well as all the information gathered by the McCanns’ detectives, as well as information on the current investigation being undertaken by the Portuguese as well as direct access to the McCanns themselves.

You have a strange idea of how hierarchies work. Rowley perhaps could have sat in his office ploughing through all that information but in my opinion he did no such thing. He had underlings who did that and wrote reports. The underlings were looking for lines of enquiry relating to abduction because of the remit. Above all, they 'knew' 'Kare and Gerry' were in the clear. I expect he was known to them as 'Mark'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2019, 08:21:43 AM »
You have a strange idea of how hierarchies work. Rowley perhaps could have sat in his office ploughing through all that information but in my opinion he did no such thing. He had underlings who did that and wrote reports. The underlings were looking for lines of enquiry relating to abduction because of the remit. Above all, they 'knew' 'Kare and Gerry' were in the clear. I expect he was known to them as 'Mark'.
I'd be surprised to find Rowley was permitted access to the files.  I'd be surprised to find his job description requires such access.  I would expect him to rely on executive summaries, with occasional briefings, but otherwise to be pretty ignorant of the details.

I don't see him having interest in fine details, nor having the time to wade through them.

The Manhunt programme suggests the person most in the know re OG would be DCI Redwood, but I doubt very much that he himself read the details.  There were staff on his team to work in particular areas then procedures to assemble the results.  In Manhunt, a clear example was CCTV.  Sutton did not plough through it himself.  He had several officers do that, and relied on the ability of his staff to flag up items of interest.
What's up, old man?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2019, 08:38:04 AM »
I don't believe that the head honcho in an investigation would be aware of every piece of evidence either.  He has staff to inform him of items of interest and may take part in the daily briefing but that would be all. 

As others have said he would be far to busy to do everybody else's job for them.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2019, 09:01:14 AM »
Did I say he ploughed through all the information personally?  I said he had access to it all including privileged information , so is in full possession of the facts, unlike you, but if want to continue to believe that you and your fellow sceptics know better than him then feel free to live in a state of denial and delusion.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:03:19 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #353 on: January 27, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »
I don't believe that the head honcho in an investigation would be aware of every piece of evidence either.  He has staff to inform him of items of interest and may take part in the daily briefing but that would be all. 

As others have said he would be far to busy to do everybody else's job for them.

He says the Portuguese dealt with it, but Foy seemed to be saying that OG checked the McCann's alibi. How can someone have an alibi when no-one knows what crime was committed or when it happened? In order for Foy to say the McCanns were where they said they were he clearly beleived that the crime occured between 9.05 and 10pm. Therefore OG believed what the parents told them. The PJ, on the other hand, started theit clock when the child was last seen; either 5.30 or 6.30.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
De Carmo stated clearly there is no evidence against the McCanns and they are not suspects... There is no indications of them being investigated.....on what basis do sceptics believe they are, still under suspicion and being investigated

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #355 on: January 27, 2019, 09:14:05 AM »
He says the Portuguese dealt with it, but Foy seemed to be saying that OG checked the McCann's alibi. How can someone have an alibi when no-one knows what crime was committed or when it happened? In order for Foy to say the McCanns were where they said they were he clearly beleived that the crime occured between 9.05 and 10pm. Therefore OG believed what the parents told them. The PJ, on the other hand, started theit clock when the child was last seen; either 5.30 or 6.30.
And what have the PJ done to re-examine events that occurred between 5.30pm and the time the McCanns left the apartment?  Have they re-interviewed all the protagonists?  Made them arguidos?  What?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2019, 09:14:40 AM »

The, Portuguese have said the, mccanns, are not suspects.... Are you now, suggesting Maddie disappeared before the, mccanns, left for, the, tapas... In order to try and make, sense, you make no sense

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #357 on: January 27, 2019, 09:18:36 AM »
Did I say he ploughed through all the information personally?  I said he had access to it all including privileged information , so is in full possession of the facts, unlike you, but if want to continue to believe that you and your fellow sceptics know better than him then feel free to live in a state of denial and delusion.

Having access to something doesn't mean it's actually been accessed, as you now admit. Rowley simply repeated what he was told imo. Those who think he did any more than that are the ones in denial and deluding themselves in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2019, 09:23:54 AM »
And what have the PJ done to re-examine events that occurred between 5.30pm and the time the McCanns left the apartment?  Have they re-interviewed all the protagonists?  Made them arguidos?  What?

AFAIK the PJ aren't investigating anything.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2019, 09:24:51 AM »
Having access to something doesn't mean it's actually been accessed, as you now admit. Rowley simply repeated what he was told imo. Those who think he did any more than that are the ones in denial and deluding themselves in my opinion.
Hang on, you accused him of lying to begin with.  Which shadowy figure in the Met do you think told him what to say and why?