Author Topic: Maddie suspect to go on trial next year on rape charges.  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Maddie suspect to go on trial next year on rape charges.
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2024, 09:03:48 PM »
But at least there will be something going on.

This will be the trial of a man who is a convicted sex offender and aggravated rapist who stands accused of a variety of sexual offences spanning a period of years. It took international police cooperation to get him to pay for one crime in 2019. May the evidence in these five cases be strong enough to result in keeping him where he belongs for many years to come.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2024, 09:49:41 PM »
This will be the trial of a man who is a convicted sex offender and aggravated rapist who stands accused of a variety of sexual offences spanning a period of years. It took international police cooperation to get him to pay for one crime in 2019. May the evidence in these five cases be strong enough to result in keeping him where he belongs for many years to come.

But why did Portugal do nothing about this?  I simply cannot get my head around it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2024, 12:08:08 AM »
But why did Portugal do nothing about this?  I simply cannot get my head around it.

My opinion
  • a general lack of importance attached to crimes perpetrated against women and children
  • incompetence and corruption of the Portuguese police
Random crimes particularly when committed against a transient population of holiday makers must be particularly difficult to pin down, particularly if the onus was to get issues cleared as discretely as possible without unduly alarming the tourist trade on which the economy depended.

Hindsight is an exact science. But passport theft and the theft of cameras and anything else not nailed down is serious but not as serious as the sexual offences which were rife from one end of the Algarve to the next. Yet no-one bothered to collate them or look for a pattern.

The McCanns and their companions were put through years of hellish innuendo and downright accusation by people who knew about the systematic abuse of children in their beds.
Nobody bothered to link those crimes with the vicious rape of an older women carried out in a Luz villa. But most damning of all was the failure to link two abductions of female children from two adjacent villages.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline kizzy

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2024, 01:50:15 PM »

I cant believe how side blinded everyone is on this case.

Even dominating top two threads...of the maddie forum

Yet, not one bit of evidence ...apart from the use of maddies name.

I'LL FREE MONSTER Christian Brueckner’s lawyer brags he’ll get Madeleine McCann suspect OFF rape charges & brands trial ‘witch-hunt’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25970875/christian-brueckner-madeleine-mccann-rape-charges/

Offline Carana

« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2024, 05:14:21 PM »
I cant believe how side blinded everyone is on this case.

Even dominating top two threads...of the maddie forum

Yet, not one bit of evidence ...apart from the use of maddies name.

I'LL FREE MONSTER Christian Brueckner’s lawyer brags he’ll get Madeleine McCann suspect OFF rape charges & brands trial ‘witch-hunt’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25970875/christian-brueckner-madeleine-mccann-rape-charges/

TiP: If any media outlet publishes an article that has a drop-down menu of adjectives (outrageous, brave...), it may be worth skim-reading tp see if ever there's a detail worth verifying.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:02:45 PM by Carana »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2024, 03:08:38 AM »
Worth bearing in mind that the convicted rapist and child abuser Brueckner is charged with three separate aggravated rapes, two perpetrated in Praia da Luz which he filmed and one which was carried out in Praia da Rocha after climbing into an upper hotel apartment. This too was filmed.

He is also charged in two separate cases in 2007 and 2017 with indecency towards children.

The fact that he has been charged with these crimes means there is supporting evidence which will be heard in court once Brueckner's legal team have exhausted all procedural moves open to them.

Interesting that they've made a start with objecting to a lay judge. Just delaying tactics. Brueckner will stand trial for these five offences and the verdict will depend on the evidence.

Offline jassi

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2024, 10:44:30 AM »
Clearly it was considered a valid objection as an alternative lay judge is being selected, so not really a delaying tactic, just the legal system in action.  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2024, 03:21:25 PM »
Clearly it was considered a valid objection as an alternative lay judge is being selected, so not really a delaying tactic, just the legal system in action.  IMO

He's as much entitled to a fair trial as anyone. If there's an issue (in this case over a particular lay judge), I find it appropriate to raise the issue at the beginning as opposed to half-way through the trial, then possibly attempt to declare a mistrial. 

I can think of someone over the pond who is desperately trying to find delaying tactics, but I doubt that CB has presidential aspirations.

Offline Carana

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2024, 04:08:09 PM »

Nothing to do with possible brown envelopes over drug trafficking? No... Can't be.

Is Cristovão out of jail yet?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2024, 04:21:17 PM »
Nothing to do with possible brown envelopes over drug trafficking? No... Can't be.

Is Cristovão out of jail yet?

Brown Envelopes have long been my suspicion.

Cristovao is now in prison proper for seven years while Amaral appears to have gone bonkers, or something.