Author Topic: The Weapons kept at White House Farm  (Read 18637 times)

Offline G-Unit

The Weapons kept at White House Farm
« on: March 12, 2020, 03:32:19 PM »
According to Jeremy Bamber there were three .22 rifles at the farm; an auto, a bolt action and an air rifle. There were also four or five shotguns; one a .410 single barrelled shot gun.

According to witnesses Nevill Bamber was very careful to ensure the guns were stored safely at all times. To store a gun safely it must be locked in a gun cabinet and ammunition should be stored in a separate lockable container.

The guns at the farm were not stored safely as police officer DI Cook noted. There was a cupboard, he said,  where the family sometimes kept guns, but the only gun in it was a broken shotgun, a cardboard box containing ammunition, and various other items including a poker and a dartboard.

It was David Boutflower who removed the guns from the house. Two 12 bore shotguns were in the downstairs shower room and on the stairs leading up from the kitchen he found the air rifle and the .410 shotgun. In the cupboard in the den he found Nevill's 12 bore shotgun in a brown case.

Assuming that the police took the murder weapon there seems to have been another 22 rifle missing; the bolt action one, unless Jeremy had misremembered.

So DI Jones failed to see a shotgun case complete with gun and various other cardboard boxes, two of which contained silencers.
[All from CAL's book]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: The Weapons kept at White House Farm
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »
I would just like to clarify that 'broken' can mean literally broken as in malfunctioning or in the case of a shotgun it can mean a mechanical feature whereby the barrel is pulled away from the the butt to load cartridges.

Both existed at WHF: a broken shotgun which was rusty and in pieces found in an upstairs room.  And a broken functioning shotgun as in barrel apart from butt was found by firearms officers in NB's office leaning against the wall.

Anthony Pargeter kept his firearms at WHF.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 07:28:33 PM »
I have just checked PC Collins' wit stat and he states he found the shotgun in the cupboard but a soc image shows it leaning against the wall?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=160.0;attach=6056;image
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 07:49:32 PM »
I have just checked PC Collins' wit stat and he states he found the shotgun in the cupboard but a soc image shows it leaning against the wall?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=160.0;attach=6056;image
He probably broke it open to make sure it wasn't loaded.

Shotgun photo and PC Collins' statement resized...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 08:08:43 PM »
I would just like to clarify that 'broken' can mean literally broken as in malfunctioning or in the case of a shotgun it can mean a mechanical feature whereby the barrel is pulled away from the the butt to load cartridges.

Both existed at WHF: a broken shotgun which was rusty and in pieces found in an upstairs room.  And a broken functioning shotgun as in barrel apart from butt was found by firearms officers in NB's office leaning against the wall.

Anthony Pargeter kept his firearms at WHF.

Thank you Holly. I did know that actually. My husband had a shotgun (and a licence). His first action on entering the house with it was to lock it away.

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 09:01:36 PM »
It seems that the bolt action .22 rifle also belonged to Anthony Pargeter.
https://twitter.com/Bambertweets/status/1237354369521254400

It wasn't illegal for Pargeter to keep his guns at WHF so long as they were on his certificate with their location identified and on Nevill's. The fact that none of the guns were stored securely was, however. Particularly as someone with mental health problems was a regular visitor. Psychosis is mentioned as a risk factor.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »
It seems that the bolt action .22 rifle also belonged to Anthony Pargeter.
https://twitter.com/Bambertweets/status/1237354369521254400

It wasn't illegal for Pargeter to keep his guns at WHF so long as they were on his certificate with their location identified and on Nevill's. The fact that none of the guns were stored securely was, however. Particularly as someone with mental health problems was a regular visitor. Psychosis is mentioned as a risk factor.

So is personality disorder.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 10:16:52 PM »
So is personality disorder.

It seems that Nevill Bamber was prepared to play fast and loose with the firearms laws in more ways than one.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 11:01:46 PM »
He probably broke it open to make sure it wasn't loaded.

Shotgun photo and PC Collins' statement resized...

A/PS Woodcock claims he broke it open to check it wasn't loaded:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=166.0;attach=257

Offline Caroline

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:21 AM »

Offline ISpyWithMyEye

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 09:24:06 AM »
Nevill Bamber was known to be meticulous about keeping his rifles locked securely.

Any others that may have been discarded were broken and waiting to be disposed of: they weren’t loaded; didn’t work; and were ready for the scrap heap

You can see by how general junk was put into cupboards that Nevill was a very busy man with a farm to run...just because a couple of broken, unloaded weapons may have been dumped with the junk means nothing

Besides, no-one knows if Jeremy deliberately scattered them about after killing them all — it may have have been part of his plot to make it look like Sheila had gone berserk

I don’t know why all this is being dragged up 34 years later: don’t you think the investigators at the time looked at all the evidence?

It’s laughable to think laymen have suddenly spotted something that experts missed decades ago...
Seeking Justice for June & Nevill Bamber, Sheila Caffell & her two six-year-old twin boys who were shot dead in their heads by Psychopath, JEREMY BAMBER who must NEVER be released.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 09:56:24 AM »
Nevill Bamber was known to be meticulous about keeping his rifles locked securely.

Any others that may have been discarded were broken and waiting to be disposed of: they weren’t loaded; didn’t work; and were ready for the scrap heap

You can see by how general junk was put into cupboards that Nevill was a very busy man with a farm to run...just because a couple of broken, unloaded weapons may have been dumped with the junk means nothing

Besides, no-one knows if Jeremy deliberately scattered them about after killing them all — it may have have been part of his plot to make it look like Sheila had gone berserk

I don’t know why all this is being dragged up 34 years later: don’t you think the investigators at the time looked at all the evidence?

It’s laughable to think laymen have suddenly spotted something that experts missed decades ago...

Where was the lockable gun cabinet which is a requirement of the law?
Result = happy posting.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 11:27:13 AM »
Where was the lockable gun cabinet which is a requirement of the law?

I understood that there were two: one under the stairs, and one in Nevill's office. Does anyone know if this is true, or a rumour?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:59 AM »
I understood that there were two: one under the stairs, and one in Nevill's office. Does anyone know if this is true, or a rumour?

Afaik there were no lockable cupboards for firearms. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »
Busy boy that morning.

Obviously - he was acting police sergeant of the firearms unit.