Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365397 times)

ferryman

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3585 on: August 17, 2014, 08:14:57 AM »
Perhaps this is where the Pyjama sample sourced by Dr Amaral will come into its own.

Do you mean the brand-new set bought from Marks and Spencers?

Subject: Sending of Pyjamas

The present inquiry investigates the disappearance of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007. I am herewith delivering to the Police Scientific Laboratory a pair of girl's pyjamas.

The Pyjamas are from Marks and Spencers, size 2 to 3 years -97 cm.

The pyjamas are composed of two pieces: camisole type without buttons and half sleeves, pink with designs, letters and tracing in white with (small) floral patterns, the right pyjama bottom leg has a design (smaller size) which is identical to that of the camisole.

The pyjamas being sent are 'equal' in make, model, size, colours and designs as well as presumably the texture, to those the little girl was wearing at the time of her disappearance. The article sent serves for eventual comparisons with fibres collected by the competent officers of the Police Scientific Lab, within the scope of the current investigation.

With compliments

Signed

The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation

Goncalo Amaral

1723 to 1725  Letter 15 March 2007 from LPC to PJ Portimao asking what should be done with the pyjamas there having been no fibres collected during the Inquiry
07 Processos Vol VII Page 1723 to 1725
07_VOLUME_VI1a_Page_1723
 Letter
To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation

Date: 2007/03/15 (sic)

Ref: NUIPC 201/07 GALGS

Your communication: 2007/06/05

Ref no. 15971 Reg Correspondence 6429/07

Subject: Information

With reference to the above mentioned letter and in compliance with the despatch, we request you to provide us with information with regard to what should be done with the material sent, given that in this Scientific Police Laboratory there are no fibres that have been collected within the scope of the investigation mentioned above.
With compliments.

PP The Director of the SPL

Armando Santos
(Haed of Sector)
07 Processos Vol VII Page 1724
 also Outros Apensos I, Vol I Page 33
07_VOLUME_VI1a_Page_1724

Letter

To: Scientific Police Laboratory

Date: 5th June 2007

The present inquiry investigates the disappearance of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007 from P da L.

By means of this note I am sending a set of child's pyjamas to the Scientific Police Laboratory.

The pyjamas are of Marks $ Spencers make and size 2/3 years, 97 cm.

The pyjamas are composed of two pieces, a camisole without buttons and half length sleeves, pink in colour with designs and letters and white trousers with floral motifs (small), on the right leg there is a design (smaller size) that is the same as the design on the camisole.

The pyjamas being sent are 'equal' in make, model, size, colours and designs and presumably texture, as those the girl was wearing at the moment of her disappearance.

The article sent serves for eventual comparison with 'fibres' collected during the competent examinations carried out by staff from the SPL, within this inquiry.

Compliments.

G. Amaral

(Note: there is handwriting over the text which I can't fully make out).

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:21:02 AM by ferryman »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3586 on: August 17, 2014, 11:18:01 AM »
perhaps if the PJ really would help SY more progress would be made

My dear man that particular pudding has been well and truly over egged and like the poor ladies cakes in the King Alfred tale has been burned to a crisp. Mr Hogan-Howe praised the Portuguese for their assistance. Or do you believe that is a euphemism?

p.s I meant Alfred The Great rather than suggesting a promotion for our Alfred.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3587 on: August 17, 2014, 11:20:46 AM »
Madeleine McCann update: Will Operation Grange ever succeed?

Digital Journal
16 August 2014

Operation Grange was launched in 2011 in hopes of finding Madeleine McCann, but the child remains missing, and none of the case details have changed from the beginning. The search for Madeleine McCann continues beyond the seventh year of her high-profile disappearance, but no trace of her or any evidence behind her disappearance has been located by detectives. This is true even three years after "Operation Grange" was launched specifically to find the missing child. In this latest media report about the case, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe assured the public that there will be no "let up" in the search for the child. So even if another three years drags by, the case will still receive the dedication it always has.

Hogan-Howe also acknowledged that Portuguese officials are cooperating and allowing Scotland Yard special detectives to search and investigate as needed. He even praised Portugal for allowing them to search for Maddie this past summer. The summer searches, as numerous posts documented, came up with nothing. However, some clothes were found that haven't been confirmed as hers or not. It's also been reported that Yard detectives aren't done, since they haven't yet searched this abandoned well that has some people curious.

Operation Grange was launched in 2011 in hopes of finding Madeleine McCann, but the child remains missing, and none of the case details have changed from the beginning. The search for Madeleine McCann continues beyond the seventh year of her high-profile disappearance, but no trace of her or any evidence behind her disappearance has been located by detectives. This is true even three years after "Operation Grange" was launched specifically to find the missing child. In this latest media report about the case, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe assured the public that there will be no "let up" in the search for the child. So even if another three years drags by, the case will still receive the dedication it always has.

Hogan-Howe also acknowledged that Portuguese officials are cooperating and allowing Scotland Yard special detectives to search and investigate as needed. He even praised Portugal for allowing them to search for Maddie this past summer. The summer searches, as numerous posts documented, came up with nothing. However, some clothes were found that haven't been confirmed as hers or not. It's also been reported that Yard detectives aren't done, since they haven't yet searched this abandoned well that has some people curious.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-update-will-operation-grange-ever-succeed/article/397221#ixzz3AbjhwkUG

Q.  How hard can it be to determine if the clothes are Madeleine's pj's?  FFS !!

So who wrote this article john?

Offline John

« Reply #3588 on: August 17, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »

It appears to have been taken down since the early hours of this morning.  Could this be yet another case of the disappearing story?  &%+((£

Was the mention of the clothes found a clue?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3589 on: August 17, 2014, 12:48:22 PM »

Why just Clothes?  No body?

Offline Carana

« Reply #3590 on: August 17, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »
It appears to have been taken down since the early hours of this morning.  Could this be yet another case of the disappearing story?  &%+((£

Was the mention of the clothes found a clue?

Hmmm.

• What we look for in digital journalists
We look for skilled reporters and good content creators. Most importantly, we look for skilled writers who have deep subject expertise. You should be really good at covering one (or a few) subject (i.e. you really know the food industry, or you're a good business reporter, or you know sports inside and out, or you are a killer music writer, etc). Just know your stuff.

If you want to write on digitaljournal.com, you will be reporting news. If you want to work with our /newsrooms division you will be submitting several types of content that will be published outside of digitaljournal.com.
You might be professional journalist, an experienced blogger, an amateur author or even just a regular Joe or Jane who wants to be part of the news gathering process — whoever you are, you’re welcome on DigitalJournal.com. As a Digital Journalist we want you to cover whatever is happening in your city, town or country.

If you’re nervous, confused or still have a question about how something is done, drop us a line or contact one of Digital Journal's many Digital Journalists -- we’re all friendly and are happy to help.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/user/benefits.php?b=cj#ixzz3AeK7WOBE

Offline Anna

« Reply #3591 on: August 17, 2014, 01:03:32 PM »

It was by Chelsea Hoffman........................................ I still on my screen from early this morning when I used Johns link.

Try this link direct from what I have on now..........................

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/crime/madeleine-mccann-update-will-operation-grange-ever-succeed/article/397221#ixzz3AbjhwkUG

Nope.....doesn't work either &%&£(+
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:07:32 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3592 on: August 17, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »

Chelsea Hoffman?  She is a raving nutter, and self confessed ex drug addict.  She knows nothing about anything, and makes it up as she goes along.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3593 on: August 17, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »
I am only aware of McCann doubters writing pseudo journalistic pieces on the net which are lapped up by the gullible.....no McCann supporters trying to pretend to be independent journalists giving an objective view

stephen25000

« Reply #3594 on: August 17, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
I am only aware of McCann doubters writing pseudo journalistic pieces on the net which are lapped up by the gullible.....no McCann supporters trying to pretend to be independent journalists giving an objective view

...and there are no mccann supporters who can be classified as being objective.

It's a contradiction in terms.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3595 on: August 17, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »
Perhaps this is where the Pyjama sample sourced by Dr Amaral will come into its own.

Do you mean the brand-new set bought from Marks and Spencers?

The present inquiry investigates the disappearance of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007. I am herewith delivering to the Police Scientific Laboratory a pair of girl's pyjamas.

The Pyjamas are from Marks and Spencers, size 2 to 3 years -97 cm.

The pyjamas are composed of two pieces: camisole type without buttons and half sleeves, pink with designs, letters and tracing in white with (small) floral patterns, the right pyjama bottom leg has a design (smaller size) which is identical to that of the camisole.

The pyjamas being sent are 'equal' in make, model, size, colours and designs as well as presumably the texture, to those the little girl was wearing at the time of her disappearance. The article sent serves for eventual comparisons with fibres collected by the competent officers of the Police Scientific Lab, within the scope of the current investigation.

With compliments

Signed

The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation

Goncalo Amaral

1723 to 1725  Letter 15 March 2007 from LPC to PJ Portimao asking what should be done with the pyjamas there having been no fibres collected during the Inquiry
07 Processos Vol VII Page 1723 to 1725
07_VOLUME_VI1a_Page_1723
 Letter
To: The Coordinator of the Criminal Investigation

Date: 2007/03/15 (sic)

Ref: NUIPC 201/07 GALGS

Your communication: 2007/06/05

Ref no. 15971 Reg Correspondence 6429/07

Subject: Information

With reference to the above mentioned letter and in compliance with the despatch, we request you to provide us with information with regard to what should be done with the material sent, given that in this Scientific Police Laboratory there are no fibres that have been collected within the scope of the investigation mentioned above.
With compliments.

PP The Director of the SPL

Armando Santos
(Haed of Sector)
07 Processos Vol VII Page 1724
 also Outros Apensos I, Vol I Page 33
07_VOLUME_VI1a_Page_1724

Letter

To: Scientific Police Laboratory

Date: 5th June 2007

The present inquiry investigates the disappearance of Madeleine McCann on 3rd May 2007 from P da L.

By means of this note I am sending a set of child's pyjamas to the Scientific Police Laboratory.

The pyjamas are of Marks $ Spencers make and size 2/3 years, 97 cm.

The pyjamas are composed of two pieces, a camisole without buttons and half length sleeves, pink in colour with designs and letters and white trousers with floral motifs (small), on the right leg there is a design (smaller size) that is the same as the design on the camisole.

The pyjamas being sent are 'equal' in make, model, size, colours and designs and presumably texture, as those the girl was wearing at the moment of her disappearance.

The article sent serves for eventual comparison with 'fibres' collected during the competent examinations carried out by staff from the SPL, within this inquiry.

Compliments.

G. Amaral

(Note: there is handwriting over the text which I can't fully make out).

Indeed ~ and I too had a bit of trouble wondering why?  It would be astounding if the same batch of material had been used in the manufacture of those and Madeleine's pj's; despite the design being the same would the fibres have been a match?

Who knows what Dr Amaral's thought process was on this.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #3596 on: August 17, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Indeed ~ and I too had a bit of trouble wondering why?  It would be astounding if the same batch of material had been used in the manufacture of those and Madeleine's pj's; despite the design being the same would the fibres have been a match?

Who knows what Dr Amaral's thought process was on this.

In the end there were no synthetic fibres found as we know.

However, if there had been and even if matching synthetic fibres had been presented at a trial, would a court-appointed defence attorney for a poor Portuguese family in a similar situation or a jury member have thought to question the source of the batch of fibres at the time of purchase of the original pyjamas (which could obviously vary depending on the supplier at the time)? Or would they have just accepted that pyjamas of the same brand would necessarily have been made from material / fibres from the same supplier?

What means (financial or time-wise) would such a defence lawyer actually have to check and present counter-evidence, if, e.g., the supplier had changed since the original purchase and that the fibres were not identical?

Offline John

« Reply #3597 on: August 17, 2014, 02:40:27 PM »
Chelsea Hoffman?  She is a raving nutter, and self confessed ex drug addict.  She knows nothing about anything, and makes it up as she goes along.

She is a strong advocate for Stephen Birch by the look of it so I agree with you Eleanor.  *&*%£

www.chelseahoffman.com/2013/06/madeleine-mccann-is-likely-under-murat.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:56:53 AM by Admin »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3598 on: August 17, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »
She is a strong advocate for Stephen Birch by the look of it so I agree with you Eleanor.  *&*%£

www.chelseahoffman.com/2013/06/madeleine-mccann-is-likely-under-murat.html

Phew.  Thank goodness someone does.

By the way, that theory rules out Amaral's theory of the body in the car.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:45:01 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #3599 on: August 22, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »
I must say, the latest nil news from PdL is deafening...they do say no news is good news but for who?

On the other hand, has the latest threat by Gonçalo Amaral effectively killed the golden goose?   @)(++(*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:53:06 PM by John »