Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365401 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3855 on: November 11, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »
I think SY know exactly where they are going with these interviews, I hope they get the information from them to progress the case and to find out what happened to Madeleine.

But eastern European could be the Gypsy route. I hope it is not because that is gonna get nowhere.  There was also nobody of Eastern European roots on the staff statements. Except for the Russian's mother and maybe maybe another woman who had a Portuguese surname but an Eastern European name.. I remember a mention of it somewhere..
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:37:26 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3856 on: November 11, 2014, 12:21:52 AM »
But eastern European could be the Gypsy route. I hope it is not because that is gonna get nowhere.  There was also nobody of Eastern European roots on the staff statements. Except for Russian's mother and maybe maybe another woman who had a Portuguese surname but an Eastern European name.. I remember a mention of it somewhere..

I think Misty is right ... we are not going to have to wait too long till 'a source close to the investigation' tells us exactly who they are.

It will be interesting to see what those who have been interviewed at the time said to the police.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:37:45 PM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #3857 on: November 11, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »

I think Misty is right ... we are not going to have to wait too long till 'a source close to the investigation' tells us exactly who they are.

It will be interesting to see what those who have been interviewed at the time said to the police.

In the light of multiple changes of statements made by 2 individuals in May 2007, I'll be absolutely amazed if they are not interviewed by SY in this latest round of interviews. It was implied a few weeks back that it was "make or break time" and I'm pretty sure Redwood would like this concluded before he retires.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3858 on: November 11, 2014, 12:32:48 AM »

OMG, things have been moving fast.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3859 on: November 11, 2014, 12:40:31 AM »
I was wrong. Just checked the statements re couple I had in mind and the husband is from EE and wife is Portuguese. There are only two female staff members with EE names, one is a cook and other is SM's mother.

I agree.. better wait and see than make wrong assumptions and even wrong accusations.. but after so many years people might be very curious.

Whoever leaks this info I guess will make a fortune  8(0(*

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3860 on: November 11, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »
Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession Tue 19:00 18 Nov

http://www.channel5.com/shows/madelaine-mccann-a-global-obsession/episodes/madelaine-mccann-a-global-obsession

Documentary looking into the reason why the disappearance of Madeleine McCann continues to make headline news when hundreds of children go missing every year? Journalist Martin Frizell - who broke the story in the UK in 2007 - analyses the unprecedented campaign run by Madeleine's parents to keep their daughter in the public eye.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3861 on: November 11, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »
Thinking about the British man and woman who are known to investigation.. even Mrs Fenn's niece comes to mind..
Can anyone else think about any other British woman that was already questioned?
A member of staff?
Person on holiday?
Local resident?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3862 on: November 11, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
And it was said in the papers all these new suspects knew each other and communicated by phone to each other that night. And that some of the suspects had a criminal record.

So who can be the British woman that 'communicated' with others? It was not Murat's mum. She said she was asleep.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3863 on: November 11, 2014, 04:48:17 PM »
Thinking about the British man and woman who are known to investigation.. even Mrs Fenn's niece comes to mind..
Can anyone else think about any other British woman that was already questioned?
A member of staff?
Person on holiday?
Local resident?

It's not certain that the British woman has already been formally interviewed, is it? Some of the interviews were either vague or mainly concerned a specific topic, so there could be numerous other questions for clarification.

Jenny Murat for example. She must have had some reason to set up her stall, possibly more than one. People who didn't want to contact the police themelves for any reason. What, if any, information was she given? Who was it given to? If it was Robert, who did he give any to? Does anything relate to what was recorded in the files or is information missing?

Any British resident who'd been burgled. One of the bar owners. Someone with a flat with a potential vantage point. Any OC staff who moved jobs since but stayed in PT...

Offline misty

« Reply #3864 on: November 11, 2014, 05:41:02 PM »
This is the Guardian's take on the news.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/11/madeleine-mccann-british-expats-seven-new-suspects

Two British expats are among seven new suspects identified by detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The men, who have been declared arguidos – or formal suspects – by the Portuguese police, will be questioned later this month and ordered to provide DNA samples. The Britons, who are not known to each other, are believed to have lived on the Algarve in Portugal before Madeleine’s disappearance on 3 May 2007. A further four individuals are being treated as witnesses.

Two other Britons – a man and a woman who also live in Portugal – will assist the investigation as witnesses, the Guardian has learned.

Detectives will question the suspects between 24 and 28 November in a process expected to include ordering them to provide DNA samples that may be matched against evidence recovered during the original investigation seven years ago.

None of the seven new suspects was questioned by Portuguese police in the summer, when detectives interviewed four Portuguese nationals about the three-year-old’s disappearance from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

Detectives from Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange investigation are pursuing a number of lines of inquiry, but Portuguese police chiefs are understood to consider the theory Madeleine was abducted by a foreign national – rather than a local – as among the most probable.

The imminent questioning of new suspects comes after British forensic analysts visited Portugal last month to revisit some of the evidence retrieved from the Ocean Beach Club holiday apartment where Madeleine was last seen.

In July officers questioned four Portuguese nationals over the disappearance. Those interviews followed a ground-level search in Praia da Luz in June in an operation that failed to recover any new evidenc

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3865 on: November 11, 2014, 07:04:24 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/11/madeleine-mccann-british-expats-seven-new-suspects
Snip>>>
Two British expats are among seven new suspects identified by detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The men, who have been declared arguidos – or formal suspects – by the Portuguese police, will be questioned later this month and ordered to provide DNA samples. The Britons, who are not known to each other, are believed to have lived on the Algarve in Portugal before Madeleine’s disappearance on 3 May 2007. A further four individuals are being treated as witnesses.
Snip>>>
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #3866 on: November 11, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »
Snip>>>

Snip>>>

I do wish that PT would develop a PJ press service. Every media outlet seems to say something different...

So far, the bottom line seems to be that several people are going to be interviewed later this month.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3867 on: November 11, 2014, 07:27:27 PM »
I do wish that PT would develop a PJ press service. Every media outlet seems to say something different...

So far, the bottom line seems to be that several people are going to be interviewed later this month.

That's about the size of it!
If it follows the pattern of everything else this year it will be a gold mine full of pyrites..........then again this may be "the big one" as sports commentators used to say.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3868 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »

Agreed, people who were around on the fateful night.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3869 on: November 11, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »
Agreed, people who were around on the fateful night.

Being in PDL on that night does not necessarily mean they were 'around'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future