Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22846 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 07:26:12 AM »
Dunno if I am right on this but I thought that the night crech closed at 10pm ?   If so, there would be no children there to be looked after, just tidying up to be done.

Anyone know what time the night (dinner) crech closed in early 2007?

It closed at 11pm sadie.

On the 3rd of May 2007, around 22H15, the witness was working during "dinner hour", together with her colleagues Jackie and Amy, when an unknown woman came to them indicating that she was a tourist lodged at the complex and asked them if they had heard about a disappearance of a child, whose name she referred to as "Maggie" or "Maddy";
- The witness also clarified that the crêche in the complex also offers complementary services allowing parents to leave their children with baby sitters during dinner-time, between the hours of 19H15 and 23H00;

And she says she found out after Lyndsay did

She advised the aforementioned individual that no one had told them of the disappearance, who she believed by the name given, was Madeleine, also for the reason that Amy contacted via telephone her supervisor, Lyndsay, who informed her that Madeleine had indeed disappeared;

And of course she was clear that she didn't enter 5a

The witness states that she participated in the searches, together with her colleague, Amy, searching various areas of the Ocean Club establishment. She also states that she searched the patio area of the residence where Madeleine stayed with her parents and siblings, and during which, she encountered many individuals inside the apartment but was not able to tell if they were complex employees or friends of the couple. She did not enter the residence in question;

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CHARLOTTE-PENNINGTON.htm

Lyndsay says she was informed by Amy Tierney at 10.20pm She indicates that on May 3rd 2007, at around 10.20pm, she was informed by her colleague Amy T. that Madeleine McCann had disappeared. At that, she immediately launched the "missing child" procedure. This procedure consists of dividing the site into several areas, which are allocated to various of the company's employees to start searching for the missing child. To that effect, the informant explains that, around 10.25pm, the date indicated, the said procedure was begun, dividing the whole site into three distinct areas, namely the north zone, the central zone (including the area of the company) and all the roads surrounding the company and which go as far as the beach. Five of the company's employees were mobilised to coordinate the searches, helped by various people ( other employees, tourists and residents)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LYNSAY-JAYNE.htm

So we have Lyndsay Johnston saying Amy Tierney informed her of Madeleine's disapperance and Charlotte Pennington saying she and Amy Tierney were informed by Lyndsay Johnston.  Amy Tierney doesn't mention the telephone call.

However, Amy Tierney says evening creche was until 11.30pm

When questioned, she says that if the guests wish so they can request services from the "Staff" who would look after the children from 19.30 to 23.30, however Madeleine's parents never did this although the service is free.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/AMY-ELLEN-TIERNEY.htm

Jacqueline Williams who was also working at the creche puts the mother collecting the child at about 10.05pm

That on 3rd May at about 22.05 she was working at the Mini Club, at the "dinner time period" together with colleagues Charlotte and Amy, when a female individual arrived, whose name she does not know, just that she was the mother of a child there (belonging to Toddlers 2), being a guest who was staying at the resort and who left at the end of the week, who told her that a girl called "Maddie" has disappeared, and that the girl's parents needed help in looking for her.

She then states

Whilst this was happening, her colleague tried to find out and confirmed that a child by the name of Madeleine McCann had disappeared and that they were about to begin the "missing child procedure".

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JACQUELINE_WILLIAMS.htm

Would this last section be concerning Amy phoning Lyndsay for information, or something else?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 07:31:23 AM »
She was enjoying the attention and embellishing her involvement in the events of May 3rd in my opinion. If you prefer to believe her nonsense you can't pick and choose. Either she arrived at the apartment at or before 10 pm and found no children in there or she didn't.

Those are my thoughts too. I have read she was an aspiring actress. Perhaps she thought the publicity might help her career.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline The General

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 07:37:04 AM »
She was enjoying the attention and embellishing her involvement in the events of May 3rd in my opinion. If you prefer to believe her nonsense you can't pick and choose. Either she arrived at the apartment at or before 10 pm and found no children in there or she didn't.
Sounds plausible.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 07:59:09 AM »
Charlotte doesn't say she went into the kids bedroom.   Look if the kids were never taken out of the apartment until after the PJ arrived any suggestion the twins were not there is obviously a misconception.

She didn't notice any kids there only because she didn't look properly.

We know they never woke up. so Charlotte wouldn't be able to hear them.  It sounds like Charlotte approached the apartment from the patio side so the the kids bedroom is the furthermost away.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:15:23 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »
Charlotte doesn't say she went into the kids bedroom.   Look if the kids were never taken out of the apartment until after the PJ arrived any suggestion the twins were not there is obviously a misconception.

She didn't notice any kids there only because she didn't look properly.

We know they never woke up. so Charlotte wouldn't be able to hear them.  It sounds like Charlotte approached the apartment from the patio side so the the kids bedroom is the furthermost away.

And yet she says (from an earlier link)

"There were no children in the room. The twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCanns' friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483715/Kate-McCann-DID-scream-Theyve-taken-claims-new-nanny-witness.html

Offline jassi

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
AS G said earlier, you either believe everything she said or nothing - unless there is specific 3rd party  evidence to support her statements.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 11:10:40 AM »
And yet she says (from an earlier link)

"There were no children in the room. The twins had been taken out already, I think by one of the McCanns' friends.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-483715/Kate-McCann-DID-scream-Theyve-taken-claims-new-nanny-witness.html

If she was there 'less than five minutes after they found Madeleine gone" and no children were there then they were brought into the apartment after she left it. Interesting but in my opinion her claim is wrong. 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »
AS G said earlier, you either believe everything she said or nothing - unless there is specific 3rd party  evidence to support her statements.
There are no rules like that.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »
There are no rules like that.

What rules are you referring to?
 was suggesting that you can't cherry pick what to believe in a persons's statement, unless it is corroborated by a 3rd person.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sunny

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 12:53:39 PM »
What rules are you referring to?
 was suggesting that you can't cherry pick what to believe in a persons's statement, unless it is corroborated by a 3rd person.

I would agree, particularly when they alter what they say they did in their statements at a later date.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2018, 01:12:30 PM »
I would agree, particularly when they alter what they say they did in their statements at a later date.

We don't know the accuracy of the Portuguese statements... We don't know the accuracy of the newspaper reports... Does any of this really matter... I would say no

Offline Sunny

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
We don't know the accuracy of the Portuguese statements... We don't know the accuracy of the newspaper reports... Does any of this really matter... I would say no

In your opinion of course Davel but then I wonder why you are here discussing this, if that is your feelings.

Her story changed so greatly that I believe it was her choice to change it and not any inaccuracies in the initial translations during statements made in May 2007.

Offline The General

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
...why stop there, surely all of human endeavour is ultimately futile?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
I don't know if you have ever looked for someone.  I have and I quickly got to realise just how large the landscape becomes.   The area to search goes up by the square of the distance.
You need numbers if you are going to look for someone, and the quicker you get there the better.

That was not the issue to which I responded.
By your logic absolutely everything becomes subservient to a search simply because you need bodies but you don't have the full SP?
My question was in essence, if you followed the thread, "why do you need all three nannies to go to find out the full SP?". The sensible thing to do in my opinion is that Senior Nanny delegates minding the creche to one of the other nannies and her mate, then SN goes as a singleton to find out the SP then returns making a judgement as necessary. The idea of abandoning post on the flimsiest of info is a bit suspect imo
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
...why stop there, surely all of human endeavour is ultimately futile?
Of course grasshopper