Author Topic: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?  (Read 22433 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Charlotte Pennington - what is the truth?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 09:35:39 PM »
Is Pennington the one who visited the MCanns at home, or is that one of the other nannies ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 09:46:40 PM »
"Charlotte Pennington, who was employed as a nanny at the Mark Warner Ocean Club at the time of Madeleine's disappearance, would appear to be blessed with an uncanny knack of being in the wrong place at the wrong time."

No - I take it the right place at right time.

"Although, from Kate and Gerry McCanns' perspective, it could be said that the opposite is true. As if by magic, Pennington appears with a 'sighting' at just the right time to support the McCanns' theories on what happened that fateful night of May 3rd."

What does Charlotte say to support this view?  We will have to find out.

"The fact that she claims to have worked as a fairy since the age of 14 may go some way to explaining her remarkable abilities.

So, what did she see?"

OK I must have missed that "Fairy" bit.

"She says was there with Madeleine at the kid's club on 03 May 2007, the day of Maddie's disappearance. Thus providing herself as an 'independent' witness to the fact that Madeleine was still alive on 03 May 2007."

Well was Madeleine with Kate and Gerry when they dropped the twins off at Kid's Club?  Quite possible.

"She was there, inside the McCanns' apartment, within five minutes of the alarm being raised, and claims to have witnessed both Kate McCanns' emotional state and the words spoken. Thus supporting the belief that this was the time of the abduction and that Kate could not have acted that amount of grief."

Well is Nigel adding words to Charlotte's testimony, does Charlotte say "abduction" or "acted that amount of grief"?

"She was there to see Robert Murat hanging around the Ocean Club. Thus supporting the McCanns', particularly Kate's, desire to imply that Murat was involved in some way. It was reported, on 27 January 2008, that they believe he may have acted as a 'look-out' for a gang of paedophiles.

She was there to see Robert Murat speaking with a suspicious looking man, the following day at the local supermarket, who now appears to match the description and artist's impression produced for Gail Cooper's 'Creepyman'. Thus further connecting Murat with an 'abduction'."

Talk about spreading rumour!  All  I read was that CP saw a man that looked like Murat.  She had not identified him. 

"And, finally, she was there to see a suspicious man kicking something in a boat, 2 days after Madeleine's disappearance. Thus supporting one of the McCanns' theories that the abductor escaped by water - probably to Morocco."

Well things happen. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 09:48:20 PM »
Is Pennington the one who visited the MCanns at home, or is that one of the other nannies ?
She may have but you are thinking of Cat Baker http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/CATRIONA-TREASA.htm
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2018, 09:52:04 PM »

Does anyone recognise what type of photo identity device this is?  It doesn't seem to be an Irish Passport.

The language in the text on the right is odd.  Is it Icelandic?   If this is a passport it is strange that the text on the left hand side is hand written.
(I now think it is a series of notes on how to fill in the left hand side part.  It is in multiple languages.)

No but it could be a Certificate of Registration, required if one is staying longer than 90 days. It could even be something required by her employer.
Or just a device used by her to provide photograhic ID. Why worry ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2018, 10:22:47 PM »
No but it could be a Certificate of Registration, required if one is staying longer than 90 days. It could even be something required by her employer.
Or just a device used by her to provide photograhic ID. Why worry ?
Just being thorough.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2018, 10:46:19 PM »
I'm struggling to accept that this is the Charlotte Pennington I know from PdL.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/O/Charlotte.jpg

The shape of the smile lines are different, eye colour is different.
The layout of the teeth are different.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:28:49 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 10:47:38 AM »
"Time with Madeleine on 03 May 2007

The Daily Mail published details of an interview with Miss Pennington on 25 September 2007, in which she dismissed claims that the McCanns were not seen for six hours leading up to Madeleine's disappearance.
She said: "I was helping give the children high tea. The twins were there and Madeleine and both parents.
"It was supposed to finish at 5.30pm but because they were a big group and really social, it didn't finish until about 6pm. There was nothing out of the ordinary at all."

However, speaking on the Channel 4 Dispatches documentary 'Searching For Madeleine', aired on 18 October 2007, she says:

"On May the third, it was just Madeleine I was reading a story to. I later saw them around lunchtime. That's the last time I saw them together as a family.""

I wonder if tea time  High tea and lunch time can all be one and the same?

There is a meal eaten in Portugal called "lanches" which is eaten around 5 PM. 

From Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunch#Europe

"The Portuguese word lanches derives from the English word "lunch", but it refers to a lighter meal or snack taken during the afternoon (around 5 pm) due to the fact that, traditionally, Portuguese dinner is served at a later hour than in English-speaking countries."

Could Charlotte have said lanches rather than lunch time?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 11:00:39 AM »
I'm struggling to accept that this is the Charlotte Pennington I know from PdL.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/O/Charlotte.jpg

The shape of the smile lines are different, eye colour is different.
The layout of the teeth are different.

It's not a very good b/w photo but I would say teeth.. Jaw the same... Eyebrows same.... May be a, few pounds lighter in second but looks like the same person
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:44:45 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id70.htm#17

"Pennington describes how she heard of Madeleine's disappearance from a woman who had come to collect her child from the evening creche, where she was working. The woman had recounted to her how she had just bumped into a man who had been shouting a name.

Pennington continues: "She didn't get the name, but she said it sounded something like 'Abbey, Gabby or Maddie'. We automatically went into lost-child procedure. In these situations, the first thing we do is investigate the scene.

"We knew that one of the other nanny's charges was called Maddie. We told the head of department what had happened and she took us straight to the apartment.''"

I would say the "head of department" Charlotte is talking about was Amy Tierney.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:08:19 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 11:20:04 AM »
"The moments after Madeleine disappeared

Talking from her mother's home in Leatherhead, Surrey, she told the Daily Mail: "I was in the apartment less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone. When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her, they've taken her!'
"I was standing right in front of her outside the apartment's back door, in the alleyway. I was very close to her. It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it. I was one of three Mark Warner staff who saw her shouting it. They have all given statements to the Portuguese police saying that."

In terms of the timeline, this is a very interesting quote. She says she was in the McCanns apartment ''less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone''.

She said previously that the woman who came to collect her child from the evening creche, from whom she first found out a child was missing, arrived just before 10.00pm.

So, by the time the woman reached the creche, according to Pennington's account, a chain of events had already taken place:

Kate had discovered Madeleine missing; she had searched the apartment herself; she had run to the tapas restaurant to raise the alarm with Gerry and their friends and she had returned to the apartment and waited for it to be thoroughly searched by Gerry and their friends.

There would then have been a passage of time before the man, presumably Gerry, had gone out into the streets shouting out Maddie's name (which incidentally, the McCanns have insisted they never called her - it was always 'Madeleine').

And then, finally, there would have been a pasage of time for the woman to arrive at the creche, collect her child and then tell the staff what she had heard outside.

That whole process would surely have taken longer than five minutes to complete, and finish, before 10.00pm. Pennington's statement suggests the alarm was actually raised sometime well before 10:00pm, but this would then have major repercussions on the McCanns stated timeline. Indeed, it would make the raising of the alarm at 9:30pm, as was stated in some early reports, seem much more likely."

That actually makes it more difficult to be at the apartment in less than five minutes after the alarm is raised.

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 10:58:47 PM »
There were three staff at the night creche and they all mention going to the apartment soon after 22.00.

Amy Tierney- "She confirms that, on the night of the disappearance she was on duty and immediately went to the bedroom to see if the girl was hiding. She saw that the shutter was raised and that the window was partially open. It was then that she began to look in the wardrobes to see if the girl was hiding.

Charlotte Pennington - as discussed above CP was there within 5 mins of Kate's alarm

Jacqueline Williams.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JACQUELINE_WILLIAMS.htm
"That on 3rd May at about 22.05 she was working at the Mini Club, at the "dinner time period" together with colleagues Charlotte and Amy, when a female individual arrived, whose name she does not know, just that she was the mother of a child there (belonging to Toddlers 2), being a guest who was staying at the resort and who left at the end of the week, who told her that a girl called "Maddie" has disappeared, and that the girl's parents needed help in looking for her."

Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 01:53:33 AM »
"The moments after Madeleine disappeared

Talking from her mother's home in Leatherhead, Surrey, she told the Daily Mail: "I was in the apartment less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone. When we were coming out we saw Kate and she was screaming: 'They've taken her, they've taken her!'
"I was standing right in front of her outside the apartment's back door, in the alleyway. I was very close to her. It might not have been the first thing she said. But she definitely said it. I was one of three Mark Warner staff who saw her shouting it. They have all given statements to the Portuguese police saying that."

In terms of the timeline, this is a very interesting quote. She says she was in the McCanns apartment ''less than five minutes after they found that Madeleine had gone''.

She said previously that the woman who came to collect her child from the evening creche, from whom she first found out a child was missing, arrived just before 10.00pm.

So, by the time the woman reached the creche, according to Pennington's account, a chain of events had already taken place:

Kate had discovered Madeleine missing; she had searched the apartment herself; she had run to the tapas restaurant to raise the alarm with Gerry and their friends and she had returned to the apartment and waited for it to be thoroughly searched by Gerry and their friends.

There would then have been a passage of time before the man, presumably Gerry, had gone out into the streets shouting out Maddie's name (which incidentally, the McCanns have insisted they never called her - it was always 'Madeleine').

And then, finally, there would have been a pasage of time for the woman to arrive at the creche, collect her child and then tell the staff what she had heard outside.

That whole process would surely have taken longer than five minutes to complete, and finish, before 10.00pm. Pennington's statement suggests the alarm was actually raised sometime well before 10:00pm, but this would then have major repercussions on the McCanns stated timeline. Indeed, it would make the raising of the alarm at 9:30pm, as was stated in some early reports, seem much more likely."

That actually makes it more difficult to be at the apartment in less than five minutes after the alarm is raised.

It's about 240 metres from Mini Club to 5A via the alleyways.  A top athlete can run 200 metres  in 21.78 sec.  Let's round that up to 30 seconds to allow for the extra 40 m.  So a top flight Athlete could run that in 30 seconds

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/18/elaine-thompson-confirmed-as-the-worlds-fastest-woman-with-200m-gold

However,

The nannies are young,  but not athletes, so lets add another 10 seconds  = 40 seconds

Plus,
..... generally running up hill, another 10 seconds? =50 seconds

And, the route is not straight, so another 10 seconds = 60 seconds = 1 minute

I am not saying that they could * all * do that but if fit they could, imo, manage that.

Charlotte said before 10pm, Jacqueline says 10.05
The tapas group think Kate went about 10pm; they probably gave a consensus time from memories and different watches (if looked at).    People do not go by exact times when on holiday.  Peoples watches probably are not syncronised to an odd minute either.

Kate could do her return trip in well less than 2 minutes.  It was about 75 metres each way.  She probably jogged up and raced back, yelling them as soon as she entered the Tapas Garden and could see Gerry.

If Jacquelines time and Kates time were correct, then everything could have been done in just about five minutes IMO.  The chances are that neither is correct to the odd minute

TBH Rob, I think that you are being a bit over suspicious here, because  I have made generous allowances it could all have been done in about 5 minutes. IMO based upon fact

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 06:39:59 AM »
Did you get that distance from Google Earth Sadie?  I thought it was much further than 240 meters.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 06:59:20 AM »
It's about 240 metres from Mini Club to 5A via the alleyways.  A top athlete can run 200 metres  in 21.78 sec.  Let's round that up to 30 seconds to allow for the extra 40 m.  So a top flight Athlete could run that in 30 seconds

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/18/elaine-thompson-confirmed-as-the-worlds-fastest-woman-with-200m-gold

However,

The nannies are young,  but not athletes, so lets add another 10 seconds  = 40 seconds

Plus,
..... generally running up hill, another 10 seconds? =50 seconds

And, the route is not straight, so another 10 seconds = 60 seconds = 1 minute

I am not saying that they could * all * do that but if fit they could, imo, manage that.

Charlotte said before 10pm, Jacqueline says 10.05
The tapas group think Kate went about 10pm; they probably gave a consensus time from memories and different watches (if looked at).    People do not go by exact times when on holiday.  Peoples watches probably are not syncronised to an odd minute either.

Kate could do her return trip in well less than 2 minutes.  It was about 75 metres each way.  She probably jogged up and raced back, yelling them as soon as she entered the Tapas Garden and could see Gerry.

If Jacquelines time and Kates time were correct, then everything could have been done in just about five minutes IMO.  The chances are that neither is correct to the odd minute

TBH Rob, I think that you are being a bit over suspicious here, because  I have made generous allowances it could all have been done in about 5 minutes. IMO based upon fact

You may see it that way. I don't.  Did Kate "jog" to the apartment, we don't know but she could have walked.  She would then have to stop and open the bottom gate then the top gate. Then stop and open the sliding doors and close them. Then wait at the door of the bedroom till she saw the curtains whoosh. Quick run around the apartment to search then back to the tapas. How many minutes are you allowing for all that to happen Sadie?

Then the tapas diners were made aware of Madeleine's disappearance they all rushed back to the apartment, searched again then started looking and presumably shouting "Maddie".   The mother from the creche heard the shouting as she walked to the creche - how long did that take?  She then told Charlotte etc what she had heard.  Did Charlotte run straight to the apartment or discuss it first?  We don't know and therefore your timeline can not be clarified IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2018, 08:46:01 AM »
You may see it that way. I don't.  Did Kate "jog" to the apartment, we don't know but she could have walked.  She would then have to stop and open the bottom gate then the top gate. Then stop and open the sliding doors and close them. Then wait at the door of the bedroom till she saw the curtains whoosh. Quick run around the apartment to search then back to the tapas. How many minutes are you allowing for all that to happen Sadie?

Then the tapas diners were made aware of Madeleine's disappearance they all rushed back to the apartment, searched again then started looking and presumably shouting "Maddie".   The mother from the creche heard the shouting as she walked to the creche - how long did that take?  She then told Charlotte etc what she had heard.  Did Charlotte run straight to the apartment or discuss it first?  We don't know and therefore your timeline can not be clarified IMO.

I agree with all that and Jackie said Charlotte was left behind at the creche and just she and Amy searched initially.

The witness immediately helped in the searches, whilst her colleague Charlotte remained at the crêche, looking after the other children that were there and waiting for the arrival of the last parents, after which she also began searching.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JACQUELINE_WILLIAMS.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0