Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21201 times)

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

Try reading the article

I have perhaps you should ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

I have perhaps you should ?
It's Portugal the mccanns case is against....what difference will the position of  England make to that...LOL

Offline faithlilly

It's Portugal the mccanns case is against....what difference will the position of  England make to that...LOL

Oh dear !  @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

Oh dear !  @)(++(*

Do you really no understand that simple fact...for those who do understand you are making a fool of your self

Offline faithlilly

Do you really no understand that simple fact...for those who do understand you are making a cooling your self

@)(++(* Cooling yourself ?

Offline Mr Gray

@)(++(* Cooling yourself ?

You've made a fool of yourself....the case is against portugal....the only problem would be if Portugal left the ECHR

Offline Carana

An interesting question has arisen elsewhere.  Do members think the Kate & Gerry McCann v Amaral & Others libel case would have had a different outcome if pecuniary damages in the sum of €1.2 millioon hadn't been sought?

Interesting question...

Offline slartibartfast

An interesting question has arisen elsewhere.  Do members think the Kate & Gerry McCann v Amaral & Others libel case would have had a different outcome if pecuniary damages in the sum of €1.2 millioon hadn't been sought?

I don’t know, however IMO the size of the initial award virtually guaranteed an appeal.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

Do you really no understand that simple fact...for those who do understand you are making a fool of your self
Moderator comment:  "you are making a fool of your self"  That comes every close to personal insult - take care. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

Moderator comment:  "you are making a fool of your self"  That comes every close to personal insult - take care.

Yet no objection to mistaken saying that supporters fawn at the McCanns and look on them as dieties.
I found that personally insulting and reported it as such and responded to her post indicating my feeling that her post was goading and insulting but yet the the post remains?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

Yet no objection to mistaken saying that supporters fawn at the McCanns and look on them as dieties.
I found that personally insulting and reported it as such and responded to her post indicating my feeling that her post was goading and insulting but yet the the post remains?
Maybe John will do the deed later.   To me saying "saying that supporters fawn at the McCanns and look on them as deities" is slightly over my head to work out whether it breaks any rules.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

The 1.2 Million was made up of 5 separate claims. Three were rejected by the first judge because the claimants were unable to prove them, not because of the amount claimed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

You may have noticed faith tried to lecture me insisting that Brexit might affect the McCann's appeal to the, ECHR..... not realising that this, would, have no effect at, all as, the case, was, against portugal...