Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21205 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Yes as I said. No evidence of a crime does not = no evidence. It means not enough of the evidence to prove a 'criminal act'.

We are going in circles again. and you seem to be changing the subject.

no evidence means ..no evidence...and if that person was tried they would be found not guilty...

Offline Robittybob1

no evidence means ..no evidence...and if that person was tried they would be found not guilty...
I wouldn't guarantee that in Portugal IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

I wouldn't guarantee that in Portugal IMO.

on that we agree

Offline Robittybob1

on that we agree
Opinions don't count for much remember.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

Opinions don't count for much remember.

my opinion counts to me...and to those that know me
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:29:38 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

my opinion counts to me...and to those that know me
Do you keep a star chart for yourself too?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

Do you keep a star chart for yourself too?

I dont need a chart...I am a super star

« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 08:48:24 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

I'm now regretting to egging you on.  Egg on my face.
Moderation

Offline carlymichelle

I'm now regretting to egging you on.  Egg on my face.

best putting him on ignore i   did  long ago

Offline Erngath

LOL
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

Maybe you could try and kayak across the Tasman Sea!  https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105168174/Kiwi-Scott-Donaldson-reaches-Taranaki-the-first-person-to-kayak-the-Tasman-solo  he is my super star today.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:22:45 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Lace

Who said that?   insufficient evidence=not enough.  This is what has been pointed out.

What insufficient evidence?   There was no evidence.   That is why the McCann's are not suspects,  SY say they are not suspects and so do the Portuguese.

Offline Lace

Eddie alerted to Kates top and checked trousers,  the very same trousers she wore a couple of days after Madeleine went missing.   So,  she either washed them after being in contact with a dead body,  or she didn't wash them and wore them even though she had been in contact with a dead body which I find unbelievable.   Or they were clean out of the wardrobe which makes me wonder how did the cadaver scent get on them if they were among clean washing?

What are the odds of three garments being place next to each other being alerted to by Eddie?   Garments that came out of the box one after the other?

What are the odds of finding a speck of blood under a tile,  yet nothing in the grout?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:06:56 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline kizzy

What insufficient evidence?   There was no evidence.   That is why the McCann's are not suspects,  SY say they are not suspects and so do the Portuguese.

There was not enough evidence - not no evidence.

As you should no they were not cleared - of any involvement.

Offline Lace

There was not enough evidence - not no evidence.

As you should no they were not cleared - of any involvement.

Then why are they not suspects?