Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21203 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Then why are they not suspects?
not enough evidence.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

Did you believe Olegario de Sousa when he said the McCanns were not suspects?  Why do you think he said that when he must have known it wasn’t true ? Do you think SY/PJ may be playing the same game ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline kizzy

Well we will have to wait and see -

they  wasn't suspects - before being made formal suspects.

And

MCCANNS 'NOT IN THE CLEAR' Removal of Kate and Gerry’s ‘formal suspect’ status does not mean they are innocent in disappearance of daughter Madeleine McCann, judges say

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2819783/removal-of-kate-and-gerrys-formal-suspect-status-does-not-mean-they-are-innocent-in-disappearance-of-daughter-madeleine-mccann-judges-say/

Offline Venturi Swirl

Did you believe Olegario de Sousa when he said the McCanns were not suspects?  Why do you think he said that when he must have known it wasn’t true ? Do you think SY/PJ may be playing the same game ?
Are the McCanns suspects?  Please give us the evidence for your answer.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

The McCanns were not suspects......we were told they were not suspects......right up until they were.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

The McCanns were not suspects......we were told they were not suspects......right up until they were.
Is that your evidence?  LOL.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

The McCann's, were not suspects, right up to when the, PJ thought they had found, evidence, against them.....but they hadn't...

Offline faithlilly

The McCann's, were not suspects, right up to when the, PJ thought they had found, evidence, against them.....but they hadn't...

But they were suspects, immaterial of the surrounding circumstances, and we were told they weren't. Why do you think that was ?

Offline Mr Gray

But they were suspects, immaterial of the surrounding circumstances, and we were told they weren't. Why do you think that was ?
Because the PJ didn't understand the evidence

Offline John

Eddie alerted to Kates top and checked trousers,  the very same trousers she wore a couple of days after Madeleine went missing.   So,  she either washed them after being in contact with a dead body,  or she didn't wash them and wore them even though she had been in contact with a dead body which I find unbelievable.   Or they were clean out of the wardrobe which makes me wonder how did the cadaver scent get on them if they were among clean washing?

What are the odds of three garments being place next to each other being alerted to by Eddie?   Garments that came out of the box one after the other?

What are the odds of finding a speck of blood under a tile,  yet nothing in the grout?

Cadaver odour cannot be removed by domestic washing.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

Because the PJ didn't understand the evidence

But they were suspects even though we were told that they weren't. Who's to say that's not what's happening now ?

Offline jassi

They may not be official suspects, but in my opinion, they will always be suspect.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

They may not be official suspects, but in my opinion, they will always be suspect.

It doesn't really matter what a few posters on the net feel though does  it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:05:17 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

But they were suspects even though we were told that they weren't. Who's to say that's not what's happening now ?
Who is to say?  Who is to say it is happening now?  It's pure speculation on your part, and just because it happened once before it does not follow that it is happening again, no matter how fervently you wish it to be so.

Offline faithlilly

It doesn't really matter what a few posters on the net feel though is it

It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks except SY/PJ.