Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21206 times)

Offline Robittybob1

The McCanns were not suspects......we were told they were not suspects......right up until they were.
And even then they got it wrong.  Well it was important to test  them for parents can be involved, but they had no evidence against them, other than a few minor discrepancies in their statements.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

Cadaver odour cannot be removed by domestic washing.
I'm sure it can. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks except SY/PJ.
Hopefully what they think is based on evidence.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

Hopefully what they think is based on evidence.

precisely

Offline Lace

Cadaver odour cannot be removed by domestic washing.

So are you saying Kate could have washed the trousers she wore when in contact with a dead Madeleine?   When would this have taken place?   Kate was wearing those trousers when she did her appeal,  just a few days after Madeleine disappeared.   The days when she would have been with the police,  distraught after finding Madeleine missing,  so she stopped to wash her trousers you think?   Why not just wear a different pair of trousers?

Offline Robittybob1

So are you saying Kate could have washed the trousers she wore when in contact with a dead Madeleine?   When would this have taken place?   Kate was wearing those trousers when she did her appeal,  just a few days after Madeleine disappeared.   The days when she would have been with the police,  distraught after finding Madeleine missing,  so she stopped to wash her trousers you think?   Why not just wear a different pair of trousers?
Any answer would be pure speculation.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

The Mark Warner laundry did a wash for them on Saturday 5th, I believe.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

Wasn’t some laundry sent to the wash soon after the disappearance?

From one of the cleaners

That she remembers that on Saturday 05/05/2007 having washed clothing belonging to the missing girl's family and she checked that it was children's and adult's clothing. This service was carried out by her colleague Silvia Cravinho. That on the next day Sunday it was her colleague Bernadete Calado who went to deliver the clothing directly to the missing girl's apartment.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

From one of the cleaners

That she remembers that on Saturday 05/05/2007 having washed clothing belonging to the missing girl's family and she checked that it was children's and adult's clothing. This service was carried out by her colleague Silvia Cravinho. That on the next day Sunday it was her colleague Bernadete Calado who went to deliver the clothing directly to the missing girl's apartment.

Comes from Vera Maria Mestre Fernandes Arez statement.  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VERA_AREZ.htm
Moderation

Offline jassi

The Mark

And, of course, Russel was also pretty efficient with a washing machine  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

From one of the cleaners

Did she come forward and say,  those are the trousers we washed for Kate McCann after Eddie alerted to them?   After all they were black and white check she would remember.   Strange they didn't ask what adult clothing there was.

Sorry I still can't believe that after holding your dead child,   you would then get the trousers washed a day or so later so that you could wear them for an appeal to the abductor,  would you want to wear them again?

Offline jassi

Cuddlecat also went through the washing machine.
I wonder whatever happened to him?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

Cuddlecat also went through the washing machine.
I wonder whatever happened to him?
Have we ever had a Cuddlecat thread?  Perhaps now would be a good time to discuss his fate, on a separate thread. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

From one of the cleaners

Wow!!  Why on earth did a family sending dirty clothes to the laundry not set the alarm bell clappers into overdrive.

In my opinion that item of tittle tattle has everything to do with invasion of privacy and absolutely nothing at all to do with the topic of the thread.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

How did we get so far off topic?
Moderation