Author Topic: Would the libel case had a different result if pecuniary damages weren't sought?  (Read 21216 times)

Offline Brietta

How did we get so far off topic?

In my opinion because whatever the topic it is merely a means to an end to peruse and analyse and exonerate four months of a failed police investigation while castigating and throwing muck at the family of a missing child.

In my opinion it is mind boggling when one bears in mind all this took place over eleven years ago and two current police investigations have been working on the case since appx 2011 ... both of which are on record as saying the parents are not suspects and who are presently looking for an abductor and the child.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

In my opinion because whatever the topic it is merely a means to an end to peruse and analyse and exonerate four months of a failed police investigation while castigating and throwing muck at the family of a missing child.

In my opinion it is mind boggling when one bears in mind all this took place over eleven years ago and two current police investigations have been working on the case since appx 2011 ... both of which are on record as saying the parents are not suspects and who are presently looking for an abductor and the child.

Just for the sake of accuracy is there a cite for the PJ 'looking for an abductor and the child'?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Just for the sake of accuracy is there a cite for the PJ 'looking for an abductor and the child'?

Of course there is and I have posted it many times before on many different threads, it amuses me that you have made the request for the simple reason I knew you or someone would :)

Snip
Investigação centrada na tese do rapto
O PÚBLICO sabe que os elementos da PJ do Porto já se deslocaram várias vezes ao Algarve, para recolher elementos e realizar diligências informais, que permitirão sustentar a necessidade de reabrir o caso. A reabertura do inquérito é a única forma de que a PJ dispõe para inquirir formalmente essas testemunhas.

A reanálise do processo volta a centrar a investigação na tese de rapto, a principal linha seguida pela Scotland Yard, que também abriu uma investigação ao desaparecimento de Maddie. A equipa da PJ do Porto terá ficado convicta dessa tese perante a observação cuidada de toda a informação existente no processo.
https://www.publico.pt/2013/10/24/sociedade/noticia/ministerio-publico-reabre-processo-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-1610207
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

Mark Rowley said on video: "she was abducted"
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

Of course there is and I have posted it many times before on many different threads, it amuses me that you have made the request for the simple reason I knew you or someone would :)

Snip
O PÚBLICO sabe que os elementos da PJ do Porto já se deslocaram várias vezes ao Algarve, para recolher elementos e realizar diligências informais, que permitirão sustentar a necessidade de reabrir o caso. A reabertura do inquérito é a única forma de que a PJ dispõe para inquirir formalmente essas testemunhas.

A reanálise do processo volta a centrar a investigação na tese de rapto, a principal linha seguida pela Scotland Yard, que também abriu uma investigação ao desaparecimento de Maddie. A equipa da PJ do Porto terá ficado convicta dessa tese perante a observação cuidada de toda a informação existente no processo.
https://www.publico.pt/2013/10/24/sociedade/noticia/ministerio-publico-reabre-processo-do-desaparecimento-de-maddie-1610207

PÚBLICO knows that the members of PJ do Porto have already visited the Algarve several times to gather elements and carry out informal procedures, which will support the need to reopen the case. The reopening of the inquiry is the only way for the PJ to formally inquire these witnesses.
The reanalysis of the case returns to focus the investigation on the kidnapping thesis, the main line followed by Scotland Yard, who also opened an investigation into the disappearance of Maddie. The PJ do Porto team was convinced of this thesis in view of the careful observation of all the information in the process.

Not quite the cite...
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

Snip

As I suspected, no quote by the Portuguese authorities that they are 'looking for an abductor and the child'.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

As I suspected, no quote by the Portuguese authorities that they are 'looking for an abductor and the child'.

Oh dear

Offline Venturi Swirl

What is the kidnapping thesis in this context then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

What is the kidnapping thesis in this context then?

Who said 'kidnapping thesis? Was it the PJ? The Attorney General? Or was it a newspaper?
Result = happy posting.

Offline slartibartfast

Who said 'kidnapping thesis? Was it the PJ? The Attorney General? Or was it a newspaper?

A Portuguese Tabloid.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

A Portuguese Tabloid.
I wonder what ever gave them that idea, I'd have thought they'd be reporting the "parental involvement" angle instead like they did in 2007. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

On this forum if one cites the actual words of a policeman to support one's contention that the McCanns are not suspects and are looking for a stranger in connection with Madeleine's disappearance, your side of the argument counters with "well what else do you expect them to say" and "policeman tell lies" etc.  So what point is there in asking for a cite from the PJ or the Attorney General?  If one was provided the same excuses would be trotted out.  It's a pointless exercise isn't it?

Offline Mr Gray

On this forum if one cites the actual words of a policeman to support one's contention that the McCanns are not suspects and are looking for a stranger in connection with Madeleine's disappearance, your side of the argument counters with "well what else do you expect them to say" and "policeman tell lies" etc.  So what point is there in asking for a cite from the PJ or the Attorney General?  If one was provided the rsame excuses would be trotted out.  It's a pointless exercise isn't it?

As I pointed out earlier.... If it's accepted that policemen cannot be expected to tell the truth in order to progress the investigation then we cannot accept any police statement as true.... Including all the PJ.. All SY..... Martin grime.... Amaral

So have those 3 burglars been ruled out.... We don't really know do we

Offline Venturi Swirl

As I pointed out earlier.... If it's accepted that policemen cannot be expected to tell the truth in order to progress the investigation then we cannot accept any police statement as true.... Including all the PJ.. All SY..... Martin grime.... Amaral

So have those 3 burglars been ruled out.... We don't really know do we
Indeed.  We may as well abandon this ridiculous crowing for cites as none of them seem to pass muster.  The media lie, the authorities lie, the Tapas group lie, what else is there?

Offline Brietta

I wonder what ever gave them that idea, I'd have thought they'd be reporting the "parental involvement" angle instead like they did in 2007.

"A source close to the investigation" perhaps?

Snip
PJ's source made it clear to PÚBLICO that the request for the reopening of the proceedings is the result of the work of the Oporto team and not of elements collected by Scotland Yard, who also opened an investigation into the disappearance of Maddie .

Snip
The PUBLIC knows that the members of the PJ do Porto have already visited the Algarve several times to gather elements and carry out informal procedures, which will support the need to reopen the case. The reopening of the inquiry is the only way for the PJ to formally inquire these witnesses.

The reanalysis of the case returns to focus the investigation on the kidnapping thesis, the main line followed by Scotland Yard, who also opened an investigation into the disappearance of Maddie. The PJ do Porto team was convinced of this thesis in view of the careful observation of all the information in the process.
https://www.publico.pt/2013/10/23/sociedade/noticia/autoridades-portuguesas-ponderam-reabrir-investigacao-ao-caso-maddie-1610151

... and if not a very well informed source ... the only other explanation I can see for it is that the journalists have psychic powers.