Author Topic: “ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”  (Read 10112 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: “ The McCanns Are Not Suspects”
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 11:10:58 PM »
Are you seriously trying to claim they were not suspects in August 2007 and Sousa didn't know about it?

Why do you think they took their hire car away in August and returned it missing a part?

Why did they take their clothes away to examine?

Why do you think they were told, 'Next time we meet it will be across the table'?
Has anything similar to this happened this time round?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 11:20:25 PM »
Has anything similar to this happened this time round?

Dunno as they haven't revealed the last line of inquiry which has been going on a while now!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2018, 11:24:58 PM »
Dunno as they haven't revealed the last line of inquiry which has been going on a while now!
Well think about it. What possible evidence could there be left to find to link the McCanns to the disappearance of their daughter, that could be impounded by the police for forensic checks?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
Well think about it. What possible evidence could there be left to find to link the McCanns to the disappearance of their daughter, that could be impounded by the police for forensic checks?

A cadaver like the one Redwood tried to find in Praia da Luz before he retired.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 09:55:58 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2018, 11:40:19 PM »
I asked this question on another thread but thought it might be interesting to give it a thread of its own.

When Olegario de Sousa said the McCanns were not suspects back in 2007 he knew it wasn’t true and that the couple were precisely who the investigation was focusing on. Can members think of any reason why the SY/PJ may not be keeping their powder dry in the same way ?

I always take anything we hear publicly from the police with a large pinch of salt.  Believe me when I tell you that the police are great liars when it suits.

As for Olegario de Sousa, he was undoubtedly playing games when he made those comments.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:42:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 11:45:48 PM »
A cadaver like the one Redwood tried to find in Praia da Luz before he retired.
And what possible forensic evidence could that yield to prove the McCanns hid the body?

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 12:27:11 AM »
And what possible forensic evidence could that yield to prove the McCanns hid the body?

Determining the cause of death will inevitably open up further avenues for investigation.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 01:43:30 AM »
You had me thinking a body has been found!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 07:41:03 AM »
I always take anything we hear publicly from the police with a large pinch of salt.  Believe me when I tell you that the police are great liars when it suits.

As for Olegario de Sousa, he was undoubtedly playing games when he made those comments.

So now we should treat every statement by every police officer as unreliable...is that it... So what is the point in quoting any police officer
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:45:35 AM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 07:43:41 AM »
Determining the cause of death will inevitably open up further avenues for investigation.

Obviously  if any new evidence comes to light the McCann's could be made suspects but I feel it's perfectly reasonable to believe at present they are not suspects and not involved... And that there is no evidence to suggest they are

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 07:45:13 AM »
It’s time for some people to face facts - the police are not wasting time and resources focusing on the McCanns.  If the McCanns were their only suspects then there is nothing the police can practically do to further their case against them, and like the first time round they would have had no option but to shelve the case once again, which would have happened some time ago. IMO.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »
It’s time for some people to face facts - the police are not wasting time and resources focusing on the McCanns.  If the McCanns were their only suspects then there is nothing the police can practically do to further their case against them, and like the first time round they would have had no option but to shelve the case once again, which would have happened some time ago. IMO.
I found that ambiguous. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2018, 09:10:57 AM »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
Why?
Well is it just me then.  "It’s time for some people to face facts - the police are not wasting time and resources focusing on the McCanns.  If the McCanns were their only suspects then there is nothing the police can practically do to further their case against them, and like the first time round they would have had no option but to shelve the case once again, which would have happened some time ago. IMO."

This was the tricky bit for me "- the police are not wasting time and resources focusing on the McCanns."  I find that can give two meanings.

1.  Supporter view: "The police are not wasting time and resources, as they would, if they focused on the McCanns.

2.  Or the sceptic view "The police are not wasting time and resources if they would focus on the McCanns."
Moderation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
If any one of the tapas friends had decided to reveal what they know for immunity from prosecution that would certain open up the case.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?