Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844696 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1185 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:55 AM »
Keela can detect washed blood.

Yes I know PF, but that doesn't change the fact that Keela did not alert to the white curtain on the first search but then did alert to it on the second one  - or explain why this apparent  'fail' occurred on day one.  IMO it can only be due to the amount of time spent searching.  What else can it be?

IMO had more time been spent searching non-McCann related places - (or even the same amount of time that had been spent on everything that was McCann related), then more alerts would have been made.

Remembering that Keela could detect the minutest odour from blood deposited 50 years (or more) ago. - then I find it hard to believe that not even a tiny trace of blood had ever been deposited in the 9 other cars, since they were manufactured, or in any of the other apartments over decades - during which time probably thousands of people had 'lived' in them.    That's a bridge too far for me.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #1186 on: July 25, 2015, 07:50:50 AM »
Ferryman is an expert.  Little doubt about that.

Perhaps I misremembered?   

Strange, I am almost certain that the dogs alerted to anything from human origins.

I wonder why the ROGATORY is called a RIGATORY now?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

You don't suppose that a substitute page with a subtly changed title has been put out to hide the original page, do you?

PS.  The mcannpjfiles [Martin Grime] webpage will no longer open because of my altering the colour and emboldening part.  If you wish to open this, maybe phoney, webpage use the address that Pfinder gave you.

Several times when I was on pfa2 forum, someone subtly changed a webpage address.  Even a lone full stop alters it.  And a new version was sustituted giving the opposite "story" to the original.
Chicanory and deceit.

ferryman is a googler.  8**8:/:

As to your conspiracy theories.....................
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:24:12 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1187 on: July 25, 2015, 07:54:05 AM »

Yes I know PF, but that doesn't change the fact that Keela did not alert to the white curtain on the first search but then did alert to it on the second one  - or explain why this apparent  'fail' occurred on day one.  IMO it can only be due to the amount of time spent searching.  What else can it be?

IMO had more time been spent searching non-McCann related places - (or even the same amount of time that had been spent on everything that was McCann related), then more alerts would have been made.

Remembering that Keela could detect the minutest odour from blood deposited 50 years (or more) ago. - then I find it hard to believe that not even a tiny trace of blood had ever been deposited in the 9 other cars, since they were manufactured, or in any of the other apartments over decades - during which time probably thousands of people had 'lived' in them.    That's a bridge too far for me.
keela wasnt asked /tasked to find blood if eddie didnt alert

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1188 on: July 25, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »
Sweat, urine, saliva, tears, nail clippings .... a whole list of things that the dogs actually alert to.

It has all been throughly discussed on here before.

Cant tell you where, but I suggest that you read back, Gunit.

Driving myths Sadie?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1189 on: July 25, 2015, 08:16:18 AM »
keela wasnt asked /tasked to find blood if eddie didnt alert

Yes I know mercury.  But Eddie was just as brilliant as Keela was in detecting blood.  IIRC some of the bones found in Jersey were hundreds of years old.  But they must have had traces of blood on them if Eddie alerted to them.

The only difference between the two dogs is that Eddie barked in the vicinity of the odour and Keela froze at the precise spot,

Don't you find it strange that no alerts occurred in any of the other cars or the other apartments?  The car video in particular clearly shows that Eddie was directed to spend far more time on the McCanns vehicle than the others -  before there was an alert.       And IMO that's the reason why he did not alert anywhere else.   

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1190 on: July 25, 2015, 08:48:13 AM »
Celestial teapot?
Your question should really be why, if any false alert happened, did it have to be in flat 5A of all places. Everyone is perplexed, why did Eddie alert in the parents' bedroom. Any (sensible) idea?

some have claimed eddie has never been wrong....what did eddie alert to...I accept implicitly what Grime says...it's a shame you..amaral and others do not

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1191 on: July 25, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »

Washed blood will be hard to detect unless Keela is sniffing and investigating the exact spot. Keela sniffs up close to detect minute samples on murder weapons etc.

"'Keela' The Crime Scene Investigation (C.S.I.) dog will search for and locate human blood to such small proportions that it is unlikely to be recovered by the forensic science procedures in place at this time due to its size or placement." (MG)

Eddie goes in first to detect the scent he has been trained to find. Eddie didn't alert to the other cars so I wonder what that strong scent was coming from the open boot witness car?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:59:34 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1192 on: July 25, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »
Washed blood will be hard to detect unless Keela is sniffing and investigating the exact spot. Keela sniffs up close to detect minute samples on murder weapons etc.

"'Keela' The Crime Scene Investigation (C.S.I.) dog will search for and locate human blood to such small proportions that it is unlikely to be recovered by the forensic science procedures in place at this time due to its size or placement." (MG)

Eddie goes in first to detect the scent he has been trained to find. Eddie didn't alert to the other cars so I wonder what that strong scent was coming from the open boot witness car?

first...who said it was a strong scent...

Offline Benice

« Reply #1193 on: July 25, 2015, 09:08:07 AM »

Eddie goes in first to detect the scent has been trained to find. Eddie didn't alert to the other cars so I wonder what that strong scent was coming from the open boot witness car?

If it was that strong then why didn't Eddie alert to the boot?    He alerted to the keyfob in the driver's door compartment from outside the car.   Surely  it could only be that the strong smell was not something he was trained to alert to.

I wonder how Martin Grime would know that human blood so minute that it is invisible to the naked eye and can't be recovered by forensics was actually there in the first place?  I don't see how he could test his dogs to prove they were capable of doing that.        For training purposes -   how could he put down a trace that was so minute it was invisible and could not be recovered forensically?   Just curious.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1194 on: July 25, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »
If it was that strong then why didn't Eddie alert to the boot?    He alerted to the keyfob in the driver's door compartment from outside the car.   Surely  it could only be that the strong smell was not something he was trained to alert to.

I wonder how Martin Grime would know that human blood so minute that it is invisible to the naked eye and can't be recovered by forensics was actually there in the first place?  I don't see how he could test his dogs to prove they were capable of doing that.        For training purposes -   how could he put down a trace that was so minute it was invisible and could not be recovered forensically?   Just curious.

Grime does not know and has never claimed the dogs are 100% reliable...it's just the doubters getting things wrong again
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:16:42 AM by davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1195 on: July 25, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »
Ferryman is an expert.  Little doubt about that.

Perhaps I misremembered?   

Strange, I am almost certain that the dogs alerted to anything from human origins.

I wonder why the ROGATORY is called a RIGATORY now?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES_RIGATORY.htm

You don't suppose that a substitute page with a subtly changed title has been put out to hide the original page, do you?

PS.  The mcannpjfiles [Martin Grime] webpage will no longer open because of my altering the colour and emboldening part.  If you wish to open this, maybe phoney, webpage use the address that Pfinder gave you.

Several times when I was on pfa2 forum, someone subtly changed a webpage address.  Even a lone full stop alters it.  And a new version was sustituted giving the opposite "story" to the original.
Chicanory and deceit.

That is an interesting one, Sadie.

I have followed the link to Martin Grime's R ... I ... GATORY statement and got right there.

When I have substituted the O with an I on other rogatory statements ... I get a 404 message telling me

"To find the page you requested Click onto link below.

It will help you find the page that you may be looking for.

SITE MAP"

As you have said ... mistype an address and you will get nowhere ... so I guess this must be the one which is the exception that proves the rule.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1196 on: July 25, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »
first...who said it was a strong scent...

and what if  a body was alerted to...

Where does that leave the mccanns ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1197 on: July 25, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
and what if  a body was alerted to...

Where does that leave the mccanns ?

your post is total speculation without evidence...plainly ridiculous and typical of the doubters such as yourself

stephen25000

« Reply #1198 on: July 25, 2015, 09:47:44 AM »
your post is total speculation without evidence...plainly ridiculous and typical of the doubters such as yourself

Rubbish.

Your riposte is par for the course, because you know damp well where the case would lie if it was proved the dogs alerted correctly.

As it stands, since the forensic results were inconclusive, it is a logical possibility they did.

and if they didn't alert to a body, what did they alert to ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1199 on: July 25, 2015, 09:51:49 AM »
Rubbish.

Your riposte is par for the course, because you know damp well where the case would lie if it was proved the dogs alerted correctly.

As it stands, since the forensic results were inconclusive, it is a logical possibility they did.

and if they didn't alert to a body, what did they alert to ?

there certainly would be a case if it was proved the dogs alerted correctly...Southampton would have won the premiership if they had won more games..I could have won the tour de france if I had been better at cycling...

if only...but none of these things happened einstein