Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844589 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1260 on: July 25, 2015, 05:24:14 PM »
Some long forgotten Tiler could well have cut himself.  And so it seems did the person who raised the tiles.

Eddie was fine, he just wasn't a proper Cadaver Dog, so no one, not even Martin Grime knew what he was alerting to.

Forensics found nothing in the Prout case but the police knew what Eddie alerted to. They just had to prove it.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Anna

« Reply #1261 on: July 25, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »

We appear to be slipping off topic

Please adhere to the Topic of this thread. Thank you.

Further Off Topic posts will be deleted.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1262 on: July 25, 2015, 05:25:22 PM »
Merely because the davel doesn't say something could happen as a result of a fall, doesn't make it true.

you are getting confused...I have said that there are no reports of instant death from a fall involving a child in  adomestic situation...that seems to be a fact as no one has been able to produce  a report

Offline Anna

« Reply #1263 on: July 25, 2015, 05:27:41 PM »
you didn't say before...

simply take a rag to the mortuary and wipe it over the face of a cadaver....wipe the same rag over areas in the apartment..car and clothes...

Please take this discussion up on an appropriate thread topic
Author Topic: Could the cadaver scent have been planted? (Read 13601 times)
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2046.msg66419#msg66419
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

stephen25000

« Reply #1264 on: July 25, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »
you are getting confused...I have said that there are no reports of instant death from a fall involving a child in  adomestic situation...that seems to be a fact as no one has been able to produce  a report

Are all accidents reported davel ?

Can you say with 100% certainty it couldn't ?

Basically, as I said earlier, it comes down to two options, either the dogs alerted to a body or they didn't.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1265 on: July 25, 2015, 05:33:07 PM »

I would say all fatal accidents are reported in the UK ......and most civilised countries. The mechanism of death in these cases would lead me to say 100% it could not happen.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1266 on: July 25, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »

Basically, as I said earlier, it comes down to two options, either the dogs alerted to a body or they didn't.
could have been toenails or sweat though

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1267 on: July 25, 2015, 05:35:39 PM »

that's on topic...and true..the dogs may have alerted to a body..or they may not...amaral was wrong to conclude they did

Offline mercury

« Reply #1268 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:44 PM »
that's on topic...and true..the dogs may have alerted to a body..or they may not...amaral was wrong to conclude they did
wrong is better than satan, an improvement I suppose

ferryman

« Reply #1269 on: July 25, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
Forensics found nothing in the Prout case but the police knew what Eddie alerted to. They just had to prove it.

No doubt based on the dog's alert, they formulated a theory that Prout strangled his wife in the main house of the Prouts.

He strangled her in an outhouse, a few hundred yards away ....

And the dog alert formed no part of the prosecution's case.

stephen25000

« Reply #1270 on: July 25, 2015, 06:14:14 PM »

He made the conclusion as did others, based on the information made available.

The forensic results did not show conclusive evidence either way, but then it wasn't the only information which pointed to a certain conclusion.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1271 on: July 25, 2015, 06:22:21 PM »
A good demonstration of a dog in action in the second part of this video.
http://youtu.be/ZseVVfswzPA

Offline Carana

« Reply #1272 on: July 25, 2015, 06:33:19 PM »
you didn't say before...

simply take a rag to the mortuary and wipe it over the face of a cadaver....wipe the same rag over areas in the apartment..car and clothes...

In theory, that would seem possible. Even burying a bit of cloth in the nearby cemetary overnight might have done the trick.

Until recently, I found that idea too far-fetched to be credible. Now, I'm not so sure.

I find it to be an amazing ooincidence that Eddie alerted to the precise areas that Amaral found suspicious in photos (the sofa that everyone and his brother would have checked behind before that photo was taken) and the dark travel case (aka "blue tennis bag") that wasn't there in the the subsequent photos taken the next day. The forensic squad didn't notice a travel case and check it? Seriously?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1273 on: July 25, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »
fantastic video! the dog knew the scent was in the environs, just had a little trouble locating it
a reminder to critics of Eddie being used for "too long" in 5A and not kong enough elsewhere!
poor little kid though, these stories never cease to shock!

Offline mercury

« Reply #1274 on: July 25, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
In theory, that would seem possible. Even burying a bit of cloth in the nearby cemetary overnight might have done the trick.

Until recently, I found that idea too far-fetched to be credible. Now, I'm not so sure.

I find it to be an amazing ooincidence that Eddie alerted to the precise areas that Amaral found suspicious in photos (the sofa that everyone and his brother would have checked behind before that photo was taken) and the dark travel case (aka "blue tennis bag") that wasn't there in the the subsequent photos taken the next day. The forensic squad didn't notice a travel case and check it? Seriously?
ah but what came first? Amaral's suspicions or the dog alerts? why on earth would Amaral suspect a fatal fall off the sofa werent it for the dogs
The concept of planted cadaver scent is a bit silly tbh
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:47:50 PM by mercury »