Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844589 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2460 on: August 14, 2015, 02:00:08 PM »
I find 45 minutes may be a mistake, unless the chap suffers from haemophilia. Not that it changes anything in reality as wandering around with potential blood drops from a shaving incident for even 4-5 minutes is quite long.

Very possibly is a mistake as you say, Carana.
 However my boys and hubby had a problem stopping the bleeding and would walk about with bits of tissue on their faces to try and stop it. Ever cut your leg when shaving?

Shaving cuts
http://www.symptomfind.com/health/stop-shaving-cut-bleeding/

Okay, so I cut myself on the chin this morning. Usually I can stop it with a dab of deoderant but this one has been bleeding like a member of the Russian Royal Family all day. I've had to resort to putting a band aid on for now (thank goodness I didn't have to go out anywhere today) but what is your favourite measure to stop the gore?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/294361-Shaving-cut-won-t-stop-bleeding

Cut myself shaving and it wont stop bleeding. Its been like an hour now
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1266109

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2461 on: August 14, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »
If the observation of being in scent already at front door were correct would that mean an interval significantly longer than the minimum?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2462 on: August 14, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »
The dogs alert to what they are trained to detect.

So are you saying cadaverine was detected....because Grime doesn't

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2463 on: August 14, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »
The police were investigating a major abuse issue. Then there were allegations of murder. I agree that these allegations of murder also needed to be investigated.

I'd highlight a point that you didn't:

We do point out however, that the decision to search having been made, the risks in terms of public and media speculation about police activity, if reported, should have been predicted and carefully planned for.

The fiasco was - in part - the lack of experience, procedures, financial decisions, etc., plus the spiralling media frenzy and the consequent difficulty in backing down from half-baked leaks.

Having made oblique reference to it in my post 12:59pm yesterday I did not think it worth labouring the point  8(0(*
What I said then however was : If you read the 383 page report posted by Brietta, Grime and his dogs don't take up much space. The thrust of the issue seems to be p**s poor media management by two officers.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2464 on: August 14, 2015, 02:25:31 PM »
There were no other incidents whilst we were in Portugal that were noteworthy, apart from this man I have just described, however there was an occasion that I cut myself whilst shaving in the bathroom. I would say that the cut bled for about 45 minutes and that it took some time for the cut to stop bleeding, during which time I walked around the apartment with bits of paper trying to stem the flow of blood. As far as I know, apart from this nobody else cut themselves nor died in the apartment.

Did he crouch behind the couch while bleeding I wonder? If not, this is of no interest.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #2465 on: August 14, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
If the observation of being in scent already at front door were correct would that mean an interval significantly longer than the minimum?

It was a holiday flat (once a residential flat, apparently).
No one knows the origin of the furniture, no one knows what accidents may have happened in that flat over time.

The flat had been rented out 4 times since the disappearance... with various other people having had access.

It's impossible to know what Eddie could have been reacting to.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2466 on: August 14, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
So are you saying cadaverine was detected....because Grime doesn't

He doesn't, but in his professional opinion it was likely to be there;

My professional opinion as regards to the EVRD's alert indications is that it is
suggestive that this is 'cadaver scent' contaminant
. This does not however
suggest a motive or suspect as cross contamination could be as a result of a
number of given scenarios and in any event no evidential or intelligence
reliability can be made from these alerts unless they can be confirmed with
corroborating evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #2467 on: August 14, 2015, 02:41:56 PM »
Did he crouch behind the couch while bleeding I wonder? If not, this is of no interest.

What we have to be able to understand in a situation such as this is in a hot climate with the apartment being closed down, the scent will build up in a particular area. If there isn't a scent source in here, i.e. a physical article where the scent is emitting from, any scent residue will collect in a particular place due to the air movement of the flat, the apartment and what I would say in this case is that there is enough scent in that area there for him to give me a bark indication but the source may not be in that cupboard, the source may well be in this room somewhere else but the air is actually pushing into that corner

(Martin Grime).

Offline Carana

« Reply #2468 on: August 14, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »
Having made oblique reference to it in my post 12:59pm yesterday I did not think it worth labouring the point  8(0(*
What I said then however was : If you read the 383 page report posted by Brietta, Grime and his dogs don't take up much space. The thrust of the issue seems to be p**s poor media management by two officers.

Media management is certainly one issue... in both cases (IMO), but not the only one.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2469 on: August 14, 2015, 02:46:38 PM »

There was no evidence found behind the couch... aside from DNA most likely belonging to one of the PT forensic officers (cf Lowe).

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2470 on: August 14, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »
It was a holiday flat (once a residential flat, apparently).
No one knows the origin of the furniture, no one knows what accidents may have happened in that flat over time.

The flat had been rented out 4 times since the disappearance... with various other people having had access.

It's impossible to know what Eddie could have been reacting to.

The dogs found evidence of death all connected to the same family. Nobody has found any evidence of her being alive and the prime suspect wasn't carrying a screaming abducted child.

He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual.
— Having already seen various photographs of MADELEINE and televised images, states that the child who was carried by the individual could have been her. He cannot state this as fact but is convinced that it could have been MADELEINE, also the opinion shared by his family.

Questioned, states that the individual did not speak nor did the child as she was sleeping deeply.

Questioned, says that the individual did not speak nor did the child as she was in a deep sleep.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

'Oh, is she asleep?'  &%+((£
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2471 on: August 14, 2015, 03:05:12 PM »
The dogs found evidence of death all connected to the same family. Nobody has found any evidence of her being alive and the prime suspect wasn't carrying a screaming abducted child.

He adds that he did not hold the child in a comfortable position, suggesting [the carrying] not being habitual.
— Having already seen various photographs of MADELEINE and televised images, states that the child who was carried by the individual could have been her. He cannot state this as fact but is convinced that it could have been MADELEINE, also the opinion shared by his family.

Questioned, states that the individual did not speak nor did the child as she was sleeping deeply.

Questioned, says that the individual did not speak nor did the child as she was in a deep sleep.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

'Oh, is she asleep?'  &%+((£

What "evidence of death" did anyone find?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2472 on: August 14, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »
Media management is certainly one issue... in both cases (IMO), but not the only one.

In the Jersey case the SIO seemingly being allowed to run around inadequately supervised, like the Wild Man of Borneo, was detrimental. It should not, though, be forgotten there was a result in the Jersey case. The fact that Mr Grime and his dawgs merit little more than a page in a report approaching 400 pages would tend to put his role in this case in perspective.   
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

« Reply #2473 on: August 14, 2015, 03:10:50 PM »
In the Jersey case the SIO seemingly being allowed to run around inadequately supervised, like the Wild Man of Borneo, was detrimental. It should not, though, be forgotten there was a result in the Jersey case. The fact that Mr Grime and his dawgs merit little more than a page in a report approaching 400 pages would tend to put his role in this case in perspective.

93 grand is not a bad pay-off for a bit-part ....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2474 on: August 14, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
93 grand is not a bad pay-off for a bit-part ....

Especially since Martin Grime seems to have spent most of his time driving Mr Harper around.