Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844589 times)

stephen25000

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2655 on: August 15, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
Probability us simply not good enough.  Although your definition of probability is vastly different from mine.

You do know convictions can be made, for example, with a lack of a body in suspected murder cases.

That will involve circumstantial evidence and more than just a consideration of probability.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2656 on: August 15, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
Somebody could still be alive under that rubble.  Dogs find them.  Dogs like Eddie.  That's what he was.

So Eddie alerted to a live person in the apartment.....

This one will appear in Fora all over the net.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2657 on: August 15, 2015, 02:27:53 PM »
They are trained for a specific purpose.

Perhaps you should look up the Oesterhelweg study 1998.

if you are going to respond to my post could you answer the question it asks

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2658 on: August 15, 2015, 02:29:01 PM »
Complete waste of time using sniffer dogs isn't it?  &%+((£

not if they regularly find evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2659 on: August 15, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »
Maybe........

If that`s the case, though, a weak residual scent remaining from an actual cadaver after a clean-up could be superseded and missed by the stronger whiff left behind by a nosebleed to which the dog alerts.

as I said...do actual cadaver dogs alert to blood...it appears eddie was not trained originally as a cadaver dog

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2660 on: August 15, 2015, 02:31:10 PM »
You do know convictions can be made, for example, with a lack of a body in suspected murder cases.

That will involve circumstantial evidence and more than just a consideration of probability.

yes we all know that

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2661 on: August 15, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »
Yes, I use a mathematical definition.

Really?  My mathematical skills far exceed most.  I can actually add 10 times 90, divided by eleventy two and come up with an answer.

I don't have any great scientific skills.  Just don't take me on when it comes to Maths.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2662 on: August 15, 2015, 02:33:02 PM »
not if they regularly find evidence

If a dog is not accurate, it will not alert when it should as well as alert when it shouldn't, if they are as inaccurate as you suggest I think I will stop flying.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2663 on: August 15, 2015, 02:34:23 PM »
Really?  My mathematical skills far exceed most.  I can actually add 10 times 90, divided by eleventy two and come up with an answer.

I don't have any great scientific skills.  Just don't take me on when it comes to Maths.

I assume that is a joke?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2664 on: August 15, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »

Yes, Stephen, I do know that.  Can you give us some examples of circumstantial evidence in this case?

stephen25000

« Reply #2665 on: August 15, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »
if you are going to respond to my post could you answer the question it asks

It was irrelevant.

The dogs and their handlers are used for specific purposes.

That is why, above all the bluster, the mccanns were and still are worried about the indications of Eddie and Keela.

Offline Carew

« Reply #2666 on: August 15, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »
Somebody could still be alive under that rubble.  Dogs find them.  Dogs like Eddie.  That's what he was.

It wasn`t the survivors under the rubble I was on about, though. Brietta brought that up.

It was the fact that Eddie and his doggy colleagues don`t seem to be alerting non-stop, from the word go, as they surely would if all the possible contaminants listed on these threads caused an alert.

stephen25000

« Reply #2667 on: August 15, 2015, 02:37:10 PM »

Oh dear. 'Eleventy two'

Freudian slip, no doubt.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2668 on: August 15, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Can someone please remind me......How many bodies did they find in Jersey?
Lots of alerts in this film.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

stephen25000

« Reply #2669 on: August 15, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
Yes, Stephen, I do know that.  Can you give us some examples of circumstantial evidence in this case?

At the moment, there is nothing other than the dogs.