Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844589 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2715 on: August 16, 2015, 10:33:34 AM »
You are wrong so give it up Sadie. SY are using the same dogs (Tito & Muzzy) that also alert to blood like Eddie. Name some cases where Eddie has found a living missing person? Eddie and Keela are used to find evidence in possible missing people murder cases.

Tito and Muzzy handler Sally Richards said recently: “They are trained to find anything from tiny specks of blood which are hard for the human eye to see to a full-sized victim, and everything in between.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-search-april-jones-3642420#ixzz33lYYLilY

“But with missing people and murder cases, we know we’re giving people closure. You know that person or body may not have been recovered if it wasn’t for the work that the team put in. With murder cases, it’s about finding evidence that could otherwise have been missed,” said Pc Newman.

Pc Williams said: “It’s a sense of determination to get justice for the family. All of us have a quiet sense of determination. Sometimes you find yourself up to your knees in mud, you have been there for hours but what keeps you going is finding or getting closure for the family.”

As well as working on cases local to their Bridgend base, they have also been asked to go abroad. They have been involved in the most recent search for missing schoolgirl Madeleine McCann.

All four of the team went to Portugal in June last year, working with the Metropolitan Police.

But what is it that makes these springer spaniels so skilled? Partly, it’s because their olfactory glands - in their noses - are 400 times more powerful than a human’s.

Pc Newman said: “The dogs are tasked with looking for evidence which can be a minuscule piece of evidence like a blood drop which is pin-prick sized.”

That could be in a search area which is small - for example a room in a house - or miles and miles of land.

When the dogs find something of interest, they are trained to freeze.

PC Sally Richards and Tito searching for a human tooth. Part of Crime Scene and Victim Recovery Dog Unit, South Wales Police Dog Section, Waterton Cross, Bridgend.

And the dogs? “They come to work to play, they have the best job a dog could have,” says Sgt Patterson.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/meet-badger-spud-muzzy-tito-8460918

Good article which confirms what I have been saying for a long time...the job of the dogs is to find evidence.....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2716 on: August 16, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
Here is a detail from a PJ photo (brightened by Anna) which relates directly to amaral and dog.
An interesting thing is there are faint traces of what appear to be check pattern on grey item.
Is it image compression effect or is it real check partly blurred? I did some measurements including accurate adjustment for foreshortening, length ratios, using other data too, and discover the check pattern faintly visible in the photo is IMO approximately the same size check as that on grey item in other PJ photo. I might be wrong, it might be image compression, just saying IMO it's about the correct dimension.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:25:33 PM by pegasus »

Offline Anna

« Reply #2717 on: August 16, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
Here is a detail from a PJ photo (brightened by Anna) which relates directly to amaral and dog.
An interesting thing is there are faint traces of what appear to be check pattern on grey item.
Is it image compression effect or is it real check partly blurred? I did some measurements including accurate adjustment for foreshortening, length ratios, using other data too, and discover the check pattern faintly visible in the photo is IMO approximately the same size check as that on grey item in other PJ photo. I might be wrong, it might be image compression, just saying IMO it's about the correct dimension.

My goodness you have been busy, Pegasus. We must also remember that the PJ Print runs across the photo as you can see on the left margin. Even before I lightened it, I too believed it was Kate's trousers.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2718 on: August 16, 2015, 07:43:38 PM »
My goodness you have been busy, Pegasus. We must also remember that the PJ Print runs across the photo as you can see on the left margin. Even before I lightened it, I too believed it was Kate's trousers.
Thanks, you have me worried about that PJ watermark now, time to check the photo again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2719 on: August 16, 2015, 08:59:27 PM »
Where's this report been hiding...

I believe that this report was Feb 2008.

From the screening of the videos, referred previously, done when the dogs were working, some doubts arise. We don't want and we can't take the place of the trainer, we only wish to alert, with this paragraph, to some facts, that according to us, need further clarification.

If the dog is trained to react when he detects what he is looking for, why, in most of the cases, we see the dog passing more than once by that place in an uninterested way, until he finally signals the place where he had already passed several times'

On one of the films, it's possible to see that 'Eddie' sniffs Madeleine's cuddle cat, more than once, bites it, throws it into the air and only after the toy is hidden does he 'mark' it (page 2099). Whys didn't he signal it when he sniffs it on the first time'

Apart from all that was said about the dogs, we must also take into attention the results of the forensic analysis that was performed by the experts on the Scientific Police Laboratory on the day immediately after the facts, and already mentioned where no vestige of blood was found.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANALYSIS-11-VOLUMES.htm

Doesn't the red highlight ring any alarm bells...no wonder the arguido status was removed
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:17:30 PM by davel »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2720 on: August 16, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »
Where's this report been hiding...

I believe that this report was Feb 2008.

From the screening of the videos, referred previously, done when the dogs were working, some doubts arise. We don't want and we can't take the place of the trainer, we only wish to alert, with this paragraph, to some facts, that according to us, need further clarification.

If the dog is trained to react when he detects what he is looking for, why, in most of the cases, we see the dog passing more than once by that place in an uninterested way, until he finally signals the place where he had already passed several times'

On one of the films, it's possible to see that 'Eddie' sniffs Madeleine's cuddle cat, more than once, bites it, throws it into the air and only after the toy is hidden does he 'mark' it (page 2099). Whys didn't he signal it when he sniffs it on the first time'

Apart from all that was said about the dogs, we must also take into attention the results of the forensic analysis that was performed by the experts on the Scientific Police Laboratory on the day immediately after the facts, and already mentioned where no vestige of blood was found.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ANALYSIS-11-VOLUMES.htm

Doesn't the red highlight ring any alarm bells...no wonder the arguido status was removed
In the bedroom he bypassed the floor level of the left wardrobe.
However he alerted immediately the first time he sniffed the first shelf up.
This might perhaps be a small clue that the scent came from that first shelf up.
(However, there is a complication here - if scent was also coming from from a higher shelf)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2721 on: August 16, 2015, 10:45:56 PM »
In the bedroom he bypassed the floor level of the left wardrobe.
However he alerted immediately the first time he sniffed the first shelf up.
This might perhaps be a small clue that the scent came from that first shelf up.
(However, there is a complication here - if scent was also coming from from a higher shelf)

You are watching the videos edited by Duarte levy whilst the PJ are watching the originals

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2722 on: August 16, 2015, 10:51:45 PM »
You are watching the videos edited by Duarte levy whilst the PJ are watching the originals
I doubt  Levy had the resources to hire Eddie and MG lookalikes to make a fake alert movie.
NW has certainly watched the original too
Who BTW has worked on another case where a dog alert was grossly under-valued.
And where the investigators misled themselves by making a HUGE false assumption.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:54:27 PM by pegasus »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2723 on: August 16, 2015, 11:04:40 PM »
I doubt  Levy had the resources to hire Eddie and MG lookalikes to make a fake alert movie.
NW has certainly watched the original too
Who BTW has worked on another case where a dog alert was grossly under-valued.
And where the investigators misled themselves by making a HUGE false assumption.

I said edited...the scent of death is a relatively new phenomena....I'm fairly intelligent and from a scientific backround...as far as I'm concerned the unconfirmed alerts are absolute tosh...

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2724 on: August 16, 2015, 11:29:29 PM »
I said edited...the scent of death is a relatively new phenomena....I'm fairly intelligent and from a scientific backround...as far as I'm concerned the unconfirmed alerts are absolute tosh...
Yes but if, after editing, a video contains a dog barking at a shelf in a wardrobe, that means the original complete video must have contained a dog barking at a shelf in a wardrobe. Your claim that the video was edited actually proves that the dog barked at that shelf.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2725 on: August 17, 2015, 06:59:31 AM »
Yes but if, after editing, a video contains a dog barking at a shelf in a wardrobe, that means the original complete video must have contained a dog barking at a shelf in a wardrobe. Your claim that the video was edited actually proves that the dog barked at that shelf.

The complete video may have shown the dog walking past the wardrobe several times without barking at it...in the same way eddie ignored cuddlecat at first. The PJ who would have seen exactly what happened and the complete video says...

That statement completely undermines further the alerts
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:06:54 AM by davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2726 on: August 17, 2015, 07:17:54 AM »
The complete video may have shown the dog walking past the wardrobe several times without barking at it...in the same way eddie ignored cuddlecat at first. The PJ who would have seen exactly what happened and the complete video says...

That statement completely undermines further the alerts

Grime explains that the dog was looking for the source. If there is no source he alerts where the scent is strongest;

What we have to be able to understand in a situation such as this is in a hot climate with the apartment being closed down, the scent will build up in a particular area. If there isn't a scent source in here, i.e. a physical article where the scent is emitting from, any scent residue will collect in a particular place due to the air movement of the flat, the apartment and what I would say in this case is that there is enough scent in that area there for him to give me a bark indication but the source may not be in that cupboard, the source may well be in this room somewhere else but the air is actually pushing into that corner. But strong indication and I would say its positive for things that he is trained to find, which will be part of a separate debrief.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2727 on: August 17, 2015, 07:22:55 AM »
Grime explains that the dog was looking for the source. If there is no source he alerts where the scent is strongest;

What we have to be able to understand in a situation such as this is in a hot climate with the apartment being closed down, the scent will build up in a particular area. If there isn't a scent source in here, i.e. a physical article where the scent is emitting from, any scent residue will collect in a particular place due to the air movement of the flat, the apartment and what I would say in this case is that there is enough scent in that area there for him to give me a bark indication but the source may not be in that cupboard, the source may well be in this room somewhere else but the air is actually pushing into that corner. But strong indication and I would say its positive for things that he is trained to find, which will be part of a separate debrief.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

So now we know in most cases Eddie did not alert until being repeatedly called back......evidenced by the pj report......no evidence found to confirm the alerts........the video has been edited to show the dogs in  a better light.......

You might be fooled but I'm not

stephen25000

« Reply #2728 on: August 17, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
So now we know in most cases Eddie did not alert until being repeatedly called back......evidenced by the pj report......no evidence found to confirm the alerts........the video has been edited to show the dogs in  a better light.......

You might be fooled but I'm not

A brief reminder.

Inconclusive forensic results does not mean NO EVIDENCE.

The dogs alerted.

Simple balance of probabilities.

THAT IS WHY YOU KEEP ON RETURNING TO THIS THREAD.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2729 on: August 17, 2015, 07:35:44 AM »
A brief reminder.

Inconclusive forensic results does not mean NO EVIDENCE.

The dogs alerted.

Simple balance of probabilities.

THAT IS WHY YOU KEEP ON RETURNING TO THIS THREAD.

if the dogs first ignored the spots they later alerted to in many cases that alters the credibility of the alerts and therefore reduces the possibility of them actually meaning anything.