Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844695 times)

Offline John

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3705 on: August 24, 2015, 05:34:23 PM »
Are we any nearer to a conclusion on this thread with nearly four thousand posts?

Were the dogs a waste of time and money?

Did Gonçalo Amaral understand the findings?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #3706 on: August 24, 2015, 05:42:17 PM »

Why all the sneering?

As it is Martin Grime himself who brought up the fact that the dogs can't distinguish between pigmeat and human remains - I don't understand why sceptics are so quick to dismiss the subject.   

He obviously thought it was an important point to make when it came to discussing/explaining how the dogs operate - so what's wrong with posters here discussing it too - and why do you have such a problem with that?

Mccann supporters repeatedly ridicule and attack Amaral.

Do you object to that ?

Meanwhile where has this obsession with pigs led to....

NOWHERE.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3707 on: August 24, 2015, 05:44:01 PM »
Are we any nearer to a conclusion on this thread with nearly four thousand posts?

I think if Mr Amaral did not understand the findings it is proof that he is a very stupid man indeed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carew

« Reply #3708 on: August 24, 2015, 05:44:50 PM »
Carefully weighing that alert in the context of the whole of the rest of the investigation, I would say, no ...

Carefully cherry- picked by a non-expert, perhaps

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3709 on: August 24, 2015, 05:46:53 PM »

IMO - Goncalo either didn't understand or chose not to understand the dog alerts, same as most "sceptics" to this day.  Bringing in dogs should have been a worthwhile exercise but there are many questions about the manner in which they were deployed.  At the end of the day, and as Davel keeps stating, the alerts mean nothing without corroborating evidence and IMO are a complete irrelevance to the current investigation.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3710 on: August 24, 2015, 05:47:41 PM »

If you check out one of ferryman's links the MSM thought the dogs were the greatest thing since sliced bread waxing lyrical about their abilities and contributions in 2005/6. Since they went to Portugal in 2007 things have never been quite the same ...... &%+((£
According to the archiving process the McCanns were made arguido(a) not just on the strength of the dogs alerts so .................... &%+((£

It does not answer your question but is interesting!
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3711 on: August 24, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »
It took me a minute or ten to understand what was going on.  But Amaral had all of the advice in the world available to him.  He just didn't bother to use it, so he obviously didn't want to understand.

Yes, in hindsight the dogs were a waste of time and money.  There was no body to find.  That's it really.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3712 on: August 24, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »
"And with that, the discussion about the dogs drew to a close, the subject never again raising its head on the Madeleine McCann forum..."

NOT!!!

ferryman

« Reply #3713 on: August 24, 2015, 05:55:28 PM »

The GNR dogs were of the wrong discipline for the search required, but well handled.

Literally no one's fault.

Grime's dogs might have been useful if deployed the way Harrison wished them to be deployed.

But Grime (largely) ignored Harrison, did his own thing, and prepared for an undertaking of an entirely different discipline, with another dog and in a different continent. 

The McCanns paid the price for that reckless and cavalier approach ....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3714 on: August 24, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »
I think if Mr Amaral did not understand the findings it is proof that he is a very stupid man indeed.

Or very clever as he managed to blag not only his superiors but the ruling magistrate too.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline John

« Reply #3715 on: August 24, 2015, 05:58:21 PM »
One fact stands out above all else in relation to the deployment of the cadaver and csi dogs and that is that they were brought in to find evidence that Madeleine had died in apartment 5a with the hope that her remains might be found.  In this the British and Portuguese police were equally complicit.

My own view is that they were far too late in bringing in these dogs.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:00:33 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3716 on: August 24, 2015, 05:58:58 PM »
Can someone explain to me why if the McCann's innocence was all in Amaral's imagination why the continued to bear guides for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

ferryman

« Reply #3717 on: August 24, 2015, 06:00:55 PM »
Can someone explain to me why if the McCann's innocence was all in Amaral's imagination why the continued to bear guides for over ten months after Rebelo took over the investigation ?

Can someone translate the above post into intelligible English?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3718 on: August 24, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

Took me a minute to figure out what the bears had to do with it too.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3719 on: August 24, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »

Predictor text eh !! That should be arguidos.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?