Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844589 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3795 on: August 24, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »
Perhaps you could help me on this one.

If a car is air tight and all the windows are sealed as are the doors.

How can you smell odours from outside the vehicle  ?

Liquids, vapours and gases again.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #3796 on: August 24, 2015, 10:09:21 PM »
Liquids, vapours and gases again.

Indeed.

I suggest to test her beliefs, sadie drives by a sewage plant with the doors closed and windows sealed. *&*%£

Online misty

« Reply #3797 on: August 24, 2015, 10:11:48 PM »
Perhaps you could help me on this one.

If a car is air tight and all the windows are sealed as are the doors.

How can you smell odours from outside the vehicle  ?

I never claimed a car was airtight. There are air-vents on the dashboard, aren't there and the smell of burning brakes at 70mph is one not to be forgotten.
However, I would claim that a door seal is watertight so I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why Eddie barked at it.

stephen25000

« Reply #3798 on: August 24, 2015, 10:13:50 PM »
I never claimed a car was airtight. There are air-vents on the dashboard, aren't there and the smell of burning brakes at 70mph is one not to be forgotten.
However, I would claim that a door seal is watertight so I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why Eddie barked at it.

Diffusion.

Offline Carew

« Reply #3799 on: August 24, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »
Quite no one knows anything for sure, hence the alerts are useless, aren't they?

An investigative tool is never useless. The alerts and forensic results exist as part of the investigation.

Alerts leading to inconclusive forensic results are what we have.

Online misty

« Reply #3800 on: August 24, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »
Firstly the alert by Eddie at the hire car does not necessarily begin and end with the key fob.

Secondly a blood alert by Eddie did not rule out a cadaver one.

How do you know that the hand which held the key did not come into contact with a cadaver?

You don`t know.
The car boot was stripped to find forensic evidence supporting Keela's alert there.
I asked when & where  KEELA first alerted to the key fob. Was it before or after Grime produced it from the door pocket in the same "rabbit from a hat" fashion Cuddlecat appeared out of the cupboard?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3801 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »
An investigative tool is never useless. The alerts and forensic results exist as part of the investigation.

Alerts leading to inconclusive forensic results are what we have.
I didn't say the tool (dogs) were useless I said the alerts were, and they are because they tell us nothing, we still after all these years of discussion have no real knowledge of what caused the dogs to alert.

Online misty

« Reply #3802 on: August 24, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »
Diffusion.

Do you think a stationary closed  vehicle in a windless environment can produce a concentration gradient sufficient to shift those minute particles of blood on the key through the seal?

stephen25000

« Reply #3803 on: August 24, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »
Do you think a stationary closed  vehicle in a windless environment can produce a concentration gradient sufficient to shift those minute particles of blood on the key through the seal?

Have you been googling ?

Offline Carew

« Reply #3804 on: August 24, 2015, 10:34:29 PM »
I didn't say the tool (dogs) were useless I said the alerts were, and they are because they tell us nothing, we still after all these years of discussion have no real knowledge of what caused the dogs to alert.

The alerts were what led to the forensic samples being recovered for analysis.

Results were inconclusive.....not non existent......(and no pig got a mention in the forensic report.)

Online misty

« Reply #3805 on: August 24, 2015, 10:38:39 PM »
Have you been googling ?

Me? I've been to a Sublime Science party. I know everything there is to know.  8)--))

(but perhaps, as the expert,  you could answer in layman's terms so those with watertight car door seals can understand)

Offline Carew

« Reply #3806 on: August 24, 2015, 10:41:13 PM »
The car boot was stripped to find forensic evidence supporting Keela's alert there.
I asked when & where  KEELA first alerted to the key fob. Was it before or after Grime produced it from the door pocket in the same "rabbit from a hat" fashion Cuddlecat appeared out of the cupboard?

My points still stand.

Nothing you say changes them......(and I can read the name Keela without it being yelled.)

Offline Carew

« Reply #3807 on: August 24, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »

Residual Cadaver odour may have triggered the alert by Eddie at the door regardless of any blood on the key.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3808 on: August 24, 2015, 10:49:49 PM »
The alerts were what led to the forensic samples being recovered for analysis.

Results were inconclusive.....not non existent......(and no pig got a mention in the forensic report.)
you're being facetious again.  None of the results came anywhere close to suggesting a dead body had been in contact with any of the McCanns property or possessions, hence the alerts themselves prove nothing, are worth nothing, and some people should really try and come to terms with this fact, difficult though it may be for them.

Online misty

« Reply #3809 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »
My points still stand.

Nothing you say changes them......(and I can read the name Keela without it being yelled.)

Your point doesn't really stand, does it?
If the boot had to be stripped so Keela could pinpoint the precise point of the human residual deposits, how could Grime be so sure that both Eddie had marked the key rather than another part of the driver's area without carrying out the same procedure? Simply showing both dogs indicated the bloodied key in a bucket of sand does not negate the possible presence of residue in the close proximity to the door compartment. Unless you knew it was only on the key.