Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844697 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4230 on: August 28, 2015, 05:23:27 PM »
Double Dutch to me, Stephen.
All I've asked is for you to explain, in layman's terms, is how diffusion causes scent to be dispersed through the door seal from inside the car when the car is motionless. closed & in an underground car park. Is it really beyond you to help us thickos understand how Eddie could have scented something 10m away but passed the source on several occasions?

This has been done before less or more.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4231 on: August 28, 2015, 05:24:02 PM »
All I've asked is for you to explain, in layman's terms, is how diffusion causes scent to be dispersed through the door seal from inside the car when the car is motionless. closed & in an underground car park. Is it really beyond you to help us thickos understand how Eddie could have scented something 10m away but passed the source on several occasions?

stephen is saying gas molecules move about....and they move about a bit less on a windless day

stephen25000

« Reply #4232 on: August 28, 2015, 05:25:11 PM »

Perhaps you should watch dogs in the field.

This is what they do.

And you will be well aware of dogs sense of smell if far more effective than our own and the consequences of that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:28:17 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4233 on: August 28, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »

This is what they do.

absolute rubbish ....can you supply evidence to back this up...I've seen dogs at airports going only once along a queue...you are talking BS

ferryman

« Reply #4234 on: August 28, 2015, 05:27:53 PM »
Here is what Grime, in PdL, was really all about.

This business of testing stuff in one place, then testing it a second time in another (clothes, tested in the villa, transported to the gym and tested a second time; the ignition key of the Scenic, tested in the scenic, transferred to a sand-box and tested a second time somewhere well away from the scenic) precisely replicates Grime's modus operandi on a different occasion, with a different dog and in another continent (Detroit, America and the Bianca Jones case).

In the Bianca Jones case, also, you had the line-up of cars, much longer than in PdL.

I am out-of-kilter with many on this (including many whose opinions I respect) but I don't believe I'm wrong.

I think the essential difference between Morse (whom Grime operated with in Detroit) and most other cadaver dogs is that Morse was desensitised to the scent of blood.

The weak link in the Eddie-and-Keela combination was that both dogs reacted to the scent of blood.

What is the point of two dogs that do the same thing?

ferryman

« Reply #4235 on: August 28, 2015, 05:28:30 PM »

This is what they do.

Dogs in the field chase rabbits.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4236 on: August 28, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
Anybody know why the door / windows of the cars weren't left open to make things easier for Eddie, or would that not have made any difference to Super Ed?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4237 on: August 28, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »

This business of testing stuff in one place, then testing it a second time in another (clothes, tested in the villa, transported to the gym and tested a second time; the ignition key of the Scenic, tested in the scenic, transferred to a sand-box and tested a second time somewhere well away from the scenic) precisely replicates Grime's modus operandi on a different occasion, with a different dog and in another continent (Detroit, America and the Bianca Jones case).

In the Bianca Jones case, also, you had the line-up of cars, much longer than in PdL.

I am out-of-kilter with many on this (including many whose opinions I respect) but I don't believe I'm wrong.

I think the essential difference between Morse (whom Grime operated with in Detroit) and most other cadaver dogs is that Morse was desensitised to the scent of blood.

The weak link in the Eddie-and-Keela combination was that both dogs reacted to the scent of blood.

absolutely spot on

stephen25000

« Reply #4238 on: August 28, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »
absolute rubbish ....can you supply evidence to back this up...I've seen dogs at airports going only once along a queue...you are talking BS

I don't need to BS dave, you are the expert on that.

stephen25000

« Reply #4239 on: August 28, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Dogs in the field chase rabbits.

In the field in this context honest broker means when they are doing their job.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4240 on: August 28, 2015, 05:31:25 PM »
I don't need to BS dave, you are the expert on that.

have you not seen dogs at airports being led once along a queue...never brought up and down several times..
That's my evidence to back my claim...where's yours

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4241 on: August 28, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »

As far as I understand it, Ferryman, Morse was fully accredited having been subject to regular independent testing ... also he was trained only on human scent.

The results he achieved under test conditions are testament to Martin Grime's skill as a trainer
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:46:45 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4242 on: August 28, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
absolutely spot on

I find the combination perplexing too ... maybe we are missing something?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #4243 on: August 28, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »

As far as I understand it, Ferryman, Morse was fully accredited having been subject to regular independent testing ... also he was trained only on human scent.

The results he achieved in under test conditions are testament to Martin Grime's skill as a trainer

Yep.

I don't (necessarily) dissent from that ...

stephen25000

« Reply #4244 on: August 28, 2015, 05:52:28 PM »
have you not seen dogs at airports being led once along a queue...never brought up and down several times..
That's my evidence to back my claim...where's yours

That is not evidence dave.

Can you cite examples  please.