Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844695 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4770 on: September 01, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »
A load of rubbish and not worth going Off topic for, but that's life I suppose.

I do believe he was working for one of the Portuguese newspapers at the time.

excerpt:
As for Cristovao, he left the PJ after the Joana case to become a writer. Last year, as a columnist for Diario de Noticias, he became a prolific commentator on the Madeleine inquiry, writing a series of articles apparently derived in part from conversations with his former colleagues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-560696/Madeleine-The-damning-case-police-Britains-investigative-reporter.html

The statement of the six bodies came from the press there. It was copied and published by the times on line, but was withdrawn.

A copy is here.
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic521.html
There's no video interview we could find to hear Kate McCann say it herself, nor any newspaper interview.

If the statement was true, every UK newspaper would be running with it.

His book is a mixture of truth and fiction.

excerpt
3 April 2008 | Posted by astro 

‘A Estrela de Madeleine’ or ‘The Star of Madeleine’.
This novel, where fact and fiction are deliberately intertwined, as the author states in the foreword, invites us to reflect upon the various possible theories behind the disappearance of Madeleine. It does reach a conclusion of some sort, while leaving an open door into other solutions. The exploration of several theories is done almost exhaustively, presenting arguments in favour and against several possibilities.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/04/estrela-de-madeleine-by-paulo-pereira.html

The book, much of it composed of a fictional dialogue between two fictional PJ officers, Francisco and Joao, recycles some of the cruellest smears against the McCanns, such as the claim that Gerry did not get sufficiently involved in the children's routines. Such information, it claims, gave the police "an idea how the family functioned".
It also contains details that can have come only from inside the investigation: as a view of PJ thinking, it may well be as authentic an account as has yet been given.

Cristovao refused to meet me, saying that too many British journalists were "racist".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-560696/Madeleine-The-damning-case-police-Britains-investigative-reporter.html

Myth

Excerpt:
Apparently the source for this claim is Correia da Manha, a Portuguese tabloid. It was impossible for us to find the original. However the British newspapers copied it into their articles. There's no video interview we could find to hear Kate McCann say it herself, nor any newspaper interview.
Mrs McCann is reported to have explained that in her work as locum GP she came into contact with six corpses in the weeks leading up to Algarve holiday.
http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/page/39078050/Rebuttal%20of%20%22Fact%22%2030#KatetookCuddleCatsometimestowork

The McCann were arquido  and the case was still being investigated. so where would  he obtain this factual information pertaining to a live investigation? Privacy laws would have prevented him from disclosing anything from the official files.

It seems some are immune to the Portuguese law………..Or were!

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4771 on: September 01, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »

This is what I call Good Off Topic Stuff, Anna.  Which I would, since I am engaged in it.  And thanks for your input.  Golly good, as always.

And anyway, this is a really interesting discussion, wherein no one is actually insulting anyone.  That has to be a bonus.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4772 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:53 PM »
The origin could be an interview with Phil, which then grew arms and legs.

Ruth: "Is it right that Gerry is being questioned separately today?"

Philomena: "He's going in at 2pm today. But he's not the main suspect, for some unknown reason there's something about a sniffer dog sniffing Kate. Suddenly a dog can talk and says she smelled a death. How can that be when a British sniffer dog came out months after Madeleine's case. They're doctors, if there's a smell of death on them could that possibly be a patient?"

Transcript of Philomena McCann on This Morning 07 September 2007

This Morning, ITV1, 07 September 2007 Prime Time
Transcript of Philomena McCann on This Morning 07 September 2007
 http://www.mccannfiles.com/id250.html

Offline Carana

« Reply #4773 on: September 01, 2015, 12:24:06 PM »
Correio da Manhã

(Translated by Ines)

7 September 2007

“KATE McCann Explains Death Scent Was Due To Her Profession”

Madeleine’s mother, Kate McCann was confronted for the first time yesterday with the fact that two pieces of clothing (jeans and a T-shirt) as well as the cuddly toy that has always accompanied her during these months were alerted to in July by English sniffer dogs as being impregnated with cadaver odour. Kate did not deny this, having immediately justified the fact due to her profession.

Whilst she was a doctor at Leicester Health Centre she attended at least six situations of deaths during the time immediately preceding her arrival in Portugal for holiday.

As regards the justification given for the odour present on the cuddly toy, she gave the same reason. For unknown reasons, the doctor had her daughter’s soft toy with her whilst she worked at the health centre in question.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post218079.html#p218079

Offline Anna

« Reply #4774 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
Correio da Manhã

(Translated by Ines)

7 September 2007

“KATE McCann Explains Death Scent Was Due To Her Profession”

Madeleine’s mother, Kate McCann was confronted for the first time yesterday with the fact that two pieces of clothing (jeans and a T-shirt) as well as the cuddly toy that has always accompanied her during these months were alerted to in July by English sniffer dogs as being impregnated with cadaver odour. Kate did not deny this, having immediately justified the fact due to her profession.

Whilst she was a doctor at Leicester Health Centre she attended at least six situations of deaths during the time immediately preceding her arrival in Portugal for holiday.

As regards the justification given for the odour present on the cuddly toy, she gave the same reason. For unknown reasons, the doctor had her daughter’s soft toy with her whilst she worked at the health centre in question.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post218079.html#p218079

That's the one Carana  8((()*/......I missed it.
― Plato

Offline Carana

« Reply #4775 on: September 01, 2015, 12:55:44 PM »

That was published on the same day (7 Sept) as the interview with Phil.

If the origin is indeed the interview with Phil, it's just another example of how these half-truths became factoids.

ETA: The CdM article refers to her interview prior to being made arguida (but was published on the same day as Phil's media interview) ... in which Kate apparently answered all the questions put to her. So why doesn't her alleged explanation appear in the 6 Sept statement?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:07:21 PM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #4776 on: September 01, 2015, 12:59:09 PM »
This is what I call Good Off Topic Stuff, Anna.  Which I would, since I am engaged in it.  And thanks for your input.  Golly good, as always.

And anyway, this is a really interesting discussion, wherein no one is actually insulting anyone.  That has to be a bonus.

It's not really off topic, as it concerns an alleged explanation of ChequeredTrouserSniffGate.

stephen25000

« Reply #4777 on: September 01, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »

I remember that article.

So was it a total fabrication or was it from yet another source ???

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4778 on: September 01, 2015, 01:31:14 PM »
It's not really off topic, as it concerns an alleged explanation of ChequeredTrouserSniffGate.

Yes, it does.  And it is all too easy to wander off a bit.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4779 on: September 01, 2015, 01:34:13 PM »

If the origin is indeed the interview with Phil, it's just another example of how these half-truths became factoids.

ETA: The CdM article refers to her interview prior to being made arguida (but was published on the same day as Phil's media interview) ... in which Kate apparently answered all the questions put to her. So why doesn't her alleged explanation appear in the 6 Sept statement?

So it is possible that Cristovao picked up on Philomena's interview and ran with it.

But as you say, it never appeared anywhere else.

Offline Anna

« Reply #4780 on: September 01, 2015, 01:37:23 PM »

Because it was all just propaganda IMO.

On the 6th sep 2007. from what I can remember, They didn't even question about the dogs alerts or ask for reasons.

― Plato

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4781 on: September 01, 2015, 01:46:26 PM »
Seemingly this detail came from CdM.

O Correio da Manhã titula "Mãe de Maddie apertada pela PJ".

O jornal diz que terá sido detectado sangue no carro do casal e adianta que Kate McCann terá justificado o odor de cadáver nas roupas e no peluche com o facto de ser médica e de ter estar em contacto com seis corpos antes das férias em Portugal.
http://www.zebananas.com/POR/Setembro7.htm

Also ...

From Maddie 129:

There are allegations the dogs detected cadaver odors on Kate's jeans and Cuddlecat. The odor on jeans is justified by Kate by saying she was in contact with six cadavers before she left her 2 day per week job in a general clinic in Leicester.

Maddie 129 … de Hernâni Carvalho, Luís Maia … Edição/reimpressão: 2007 … Launched in Portugal November 9th 2007 … Editor: Prime Books … ISBN: 9789898028617
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anna

« Reply #4782 on: September 01, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »
I remember that article.

So was it a total fabrication or was it from yet another source ???

Only CDM know the answer to that one, Stephen.
IMO it was just more of the same rubbish that was coming from the press at the time. No source mentioned. I will have another look for the original, but I suspect that it has been wiped.

ETA LINK to original article
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/cm_ao_minuto/detalhe/kate-receia-ser-suspeita.html
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:10:23 PM by Anna »
― Plato

Offline Carana

« Reply #4783 on: September 01, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »
So it is possible that Cristovao picked up on Philomena's interview and ran with it.

But as you say, it never appeared anywhere else.

I think the sequence might have been a bit different. In the interview with Phil, she's just speculating about a potential explanation. That then gets picked up and mangled by CdM, which then gets picked up by UK media.

Cristovão did say he got some of his "info" from the media...

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4784 on: September 01, 2015, 02:12:58 PM »
Why can no-one else see the complete injustice in this example of accusing a person based on a clothing alert?
Here is a fact - clothing spends most of its time NOT being worn. Probably 98% of its time. Just laying around in your house or flat. Have a look around your place and it proves it.
So before you even think of suspecting a person based on clothing alert you have to look at all the many possible scenarios that fit in that 98% where even if the alert were valid the person is completely innocent.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:17:54 PM by pegasus »