Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844589 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #5760 on: September 15, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
Pretty much the same old stick. Likely to come up with the wrong or right answer by accident rather than design if all the info is not available.

This is Lowes conclusion btw:
Conclusion
In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify whether or not the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.
Now that is not too hard to understand is it.
It doesn't say anything about human remains though does it?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5761 on: September 15, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »
So by that token they could neither rule anything in nor rule anything out.

Lowe says that the partial profile was also a match for many of the scientists in Birmingham......So how significant was the partial match...more how insignificant was it...very
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:54:04 PM by davel »

ferryman

« Reply #5762 on: September 15, 2015, 06:02:15 PM »
Pretty much the same old stick. Likely to come up with the wrong or right answer by accident rather than design if all the info is not available.

This is Lowes conclusion btw:
Conclusion
In my opinion, the laboratory results that were attained did not help to clarify whether or not the DNA results obtained within the scope of this case were from Madeleine McCann.
Now that is not too hard to understand is it.

So the FSS could rule out that anything they analysed progressed the investigation, or provided insight into what might have happened to Madeleine.

The position was the same before the FSS report as after it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:16:35 PM by ferryman »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5763 on: September 15, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
so it looks like you've given up trying to defend his absurd claim

Was I trying to defend it?
Or was I doing something else?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5764 on: September 15, 2015, 07:23:18 PM »
It doesn't say anything about human remains though does it?

So?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5765 on: September 15, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »
Prior says that the partial profile was also a match for many of the scientists in Birmingham......So how significant was the partial match...more how insignificant was it...very

Did he?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5766 on: September 15, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5767 on: September 15, 2015, 07:28:40 PM »
So the FSS could rule out that anything they analysed progressed the investigation, or provided insight into what might have happened to Madeleine.

The position was the same before the FSS report as after it.

The position was that from the samples analysed using techniques available at the time the FSS could not say whether MM was a contributor or whether she was not a contributor.
Why are you dissatisfied with Lowe's own wording in his conclusion? Do you think he is wrong?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #5768 on: September 15, 2015, 07:30:35 PM »
yes
I thought Prior was a copper.
What was his authority for the statement if he made it ?

ferryman

« Reply #5769 on: September 15, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
Did he?

The individual components in Madeline's profile are not unique to her, it is the specific combination of 19 components that makes her profile unique above all others. Elements of Madeline's profile are also present within the the profiles of many of the scientists here in Birmingham, myself included.

John Lowe

ferryman

« Reply #5770 on: September 15, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »
I thought Prior was a copper.
What was his authority for the statement if he made it ?

John Lowe was the forensic scientist who wrote the FSS report ....

4th and 5th sections down marked by the dark blue bands:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOHN_LOWE.htm
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:35:32 PM by ferryman »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5771 on: September 15, 2015, 07:34:25 PM »
Lowe was a scientist
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:25:19 AM by Admin »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5772 on: September 15, 2015, 07:36:14 PM »
The individual components in Madeline's profile are not unique to her, it is the specific combination of 19 components that makes her profile unique above all others. Elements of Madeline's profile are also present within the the profiles of many of the scientists here in Birmingham, myself included.

John Lowe

many sceptics think this is because the scientists contaminated the sample   @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

ferryman

« Reply #5773 on: September 15, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »
many sceptics think this is because the scientists contaminated the sample   @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Is that where it came from?

I've often wondered ....

ferryman

« Reply #5774 on: September 15, 2015, 08:31:39 PM »
The position was that from the samples analysed using techniques available at the time the FSS could not say whether MM was a contributor or whether she was not a contributor.
Why are you dissatisfied with Lowe's own wording in his conclusion? Do you think he is wrong?

I have no problem with Lowe's wording.

I merely point out that Lowe was none the wiser after examining the material than he was before.

So the position is exactly the same as it would have been if the FSS had not examined anything.