Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75520 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2017, 01:27:22 AM »
In my most humble opinion...HE has nothing to do with the disappearance.Or are you suggesting he is in some way involved? 
.Or are you thinking about justice for the parents- Which they seemed to have escaped any retribution at all for their negligent behaviour towards their daughter...

OMG!

You dont really mean that, do you?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2017, 11:55:00 AM »
Spot on, Alice. It's a shame the man himself can't see it.

Indeed. I opined this a few years ago on this very forum only to be told I was talking blx.
"It's a funny old game Saint".

Him being whanged for being a potential liablity is a stand alone item. ie the action itself does not of necessity negate any of his theories.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
Indeed. I opined this a few years ago on this very forum only to be told I was talking blx.

Him being whanged for being a potential liablity is a stand alone item. ie the action itself does not of necessity negate any of his theories.

His theories are negated by the lack of evidence to support the them and the weakness if the evidence he uses...imo....of course

Offline misty

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »

Would I be right in thinking that, after writing his book about the investigation, any evidence acquired against the McCanns under his tenure would be inadmissible in court should they ever face prosecution?

Offline jassi

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
If the McCanns are ever prosecuted, it will be down to a lot more evidence than Amaral ever amassed .  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
If the McCanns are ever prosecuted, it will be down to a lot more evidence than Amaral ever amassed .  IMO

My worry is that all evidence against anyone acquired under Amaral's tenure could be declared invalid under the Portuguese justice system, in light of Cristovao's recent trial being aborted due to the manner in which the evidence against him was collected.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2017, 03:17:42 PM »
Would I be right in thinking that, after writing his book about the investigation, any evidence acquired against the McCanns under his tenure would be inadmissible in court should they ever face prosecution?
Amaral must have known that would be the case...imo..
So if he really suspected them why did he write a book that would prevent a prosecution...it makes no sense...imo

Offline kizzy

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »
So if he really suspected them why did he write a book that would prevent a prosecution...it makes no sense...imo

IMO he knew they would never get prosecuted, but did what he could to show the other side of the so called abduction.

The only way he could, an thanks to the mccanns people are still reading that book now.

All these years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »

I think if he ever really did suspect the McCanns the forensic reports must have crystallised the realisation that he had wasted months following entirely the wrong leads.

I think there may be a tendency to consider Madeleine's case in isolation; ignoring the background material which may have been an influence in how it was perceived and the haste in which it was thought necessary to 'solve' it.

Portugal was still smarting from the Casa Pia child abuse scandal and although the British press seemed ignorant of it at the time (judicial secrecy?) the residue from the Cipriano case must in my opinion, have played a role in the thinking of those in the know.
None more so than Goncalo Amaral who was an arguido.

Taking all the factors into account, I think there may be a story to tell were the information academically researched.  Whether Netflix are the ones to do that remains to be seen although I believe they have researchers in the field working Madeleine's case.  Having read about their treatment of JonBenét's case I doubt anything other than sensationalism and profit is the motivation.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »

If there was never to be a prosecution, the McCanns would never have been legally able to defend themselves against his thesis in a criminal court (where it really mattered).
If Madeleine was never found, alive or dead, there would never be any prosecution, let alone against the McCanns.
So, the suspicion against the McCanns would always remain.

He thought he'd covered all bases - except the one which involved the Met examining all the evidence again. The Met found Crecheman (curious that Rebelo didn't)...and I've covered that elsewhere.

All IMO.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2017, 04:57:36 PM »
[quote aI wouldn'tknoeuthor=misty link=topic=8468.msg426740#msg426740 date=1508329786]
[/quote]

I wouldn't know. The PP of course is in charge of all this hooha so I would expect him to be very circumspect in what he chose as the main planks of any prosecution that may ensue. Don't lose sight of the fact that Portuguese trials are actually adversarial although not in the manner we in the UK are familiar with.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »
His theories are negated by the lack of evidence to support the them and the weakness if the evidence he uses...imo....of course
No theory has actually been negated where it counts i.e in a court of law.
The filing [archiving] process in Portuguese law does not examine the merits of the proceedings to that point in time.
As it sits at the moment it's all up for grabs.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2017, 05:53:05 PM »
No theory has actually been negated where it counts i.e in a court of law.
The filing [archiving] process in Portuguese law does not examine the merits of the proceedings to that point in time.
As it sits at the moment it's all up for grabs.

The evidence he used to reach his conclusions has been negated....which negated his conclusions..imo
It is significant that his theories were not supported by sufficient evidence for them to be tested in a court of law
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:00:46 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:07 PM »
The evidence he used to reach his conclusions has been negated....which negated his conclusions..imo
It is significant that his theories were not supported by sufficient evidence for them to be tested in a court of law

If he agrees to be interviewed in a Netflix documentary it is certainly an issue which it would be valid to raise with him ... his theory in my opinion stood or fell by the final result of forensic tests carried out by the FSS.

His theory obviously failed that recognised measure of proof represented in the final forensic results ... usually that is sufficient to discard a disproved idea to the vault of history.
Officially it did ... if not charges would have been laid and a criminal trial would have ensued ... the fact that did not happen proves - in my opinion - the Amaral theory without substance in its entirety and wrong.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:54 PM »
As a reminder, no theory has been disproved or proved.

As we know, OPINIONS COUNT FOR NOTHING..............., without evidence.

If posters claim there is evidence for any theory, THEN CITE IT, noting the previous sentence.