Author Topic: Sir Jimmy Savile - Abuse Allegations  (Read 20286 times)

Offline Andrea

Sir Jimmy Savile - Abuse Allegations
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:54 AM »
Exposure will be shown on Wed night at 11.10 pm on ITV.
We can use this thread to give our opinions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:11:08 AM by John »

Offline Andrea

Re: Sir Jimmy Savile - Abuse Allegations
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
Paul Gambaccini was on ITV's Daybreak this morning, and said he has been waiting 30 yrs for all this to come out.

Offline puglove

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
Paul Gambaccini was on ITV's Daybreak this morning, and said he has been waiting 30 yrs for all this to come out.

Bloody hell. I suppose I'm shocked but not suprised. Like when my "Uncle Dave" got done for the same thing.    8(8-))
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »

Bloody hell. I suppose I'm shocked but not suprised. Like when my "Uncle Dave" got done for the same thing.    8(8-))

Im looking forward to the documentary, Shona. Will make interesting viewing!

Offline puglove

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:49 AM »

Im looking forward to the documentary, Shona. Will make interesting viewing!

It certainly will!! Then we can have a good goss on here afterwards!!

I'd best f..koffski and crack on. Catch you later, Princess Jelly. Best love. XX

Offline Andrea

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
See ya later lovely, best love xxxxx

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Wasn't he supposed to be gay?   8-)(--)
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »
Hhmmmm. Not sure it's fair bring all this out when he is dead and can't answer for himself. I will watch the programme and may well change my mind. Certainly not taking Ester 'horsey' Rantzen's condemnation of him as of any weight; I held the door open for that bitch once and she didn't say thank you.

8()(((@#

Offline Joanne

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
It usually opens the flood gates for either love children to come forward, a long lost relative or "He was an abuser" crew. I'm suprised nobody has done a biography, film or a bio-serial yet.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 02:35:47 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19788721
I've just seen this.

Police 'questioned Jimmy Savile' over abuse in 2007 Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
Savile accused of sexual abuse
Jimmy Savile memorials unveiled
In pictures: Jimmy Savile auction
Surrey police has confirmed that Sir Jimmy Savile was questioned over allegations of child sex abuse in 2007.

In a statement, they said an individual was interviewed over offences which were "alleged to have occurred at a children's home" in the 1970s.

The matter was referred to the Crown Prosecution Service, which "advised there was insufficient evidence to take any further action".

A documentary detailing similar allegations is due to air this week.

The broadcaster, who died last year, is accused of sexual abuse against under-age teenage girls in the ITV1 investigation, to be shown on Wednesday.

Several alleged victims speak on the programme. They say the abuse took place in hospitals, schools and BBC buildings.

In a statement, the BBC said it had found no evidence of abuse taking place on its premises.

"Whilst the BBC condemns any behaviour of the type alleged in the strongest terms, in the absence of evidence of any kind found at the BBC that corroborates the allegations that have been made it is simply not possible for the corporation to take any further action."

The broadcaster's nephew, Roger Foster, added that his family was "disgusted and disappointed" by the programme.

But fellow broadcaster Paul Gambaccini said he had been "waiting 30 years" for such stories to come out.

Speaking on ITV1's Daybreak programme, he said newspapers had been primed to run similar stories while Sir Jimmy was alive, but the star had intervened to prevent their publication.

"On [one] occasion, and this cuts to the chase of the whole matter, he was called and he said 'well you could run that story, but if you do there goes the funds that come in to Stoke Mandeville - do you want to be responsible for the drying up of the charity donations'. And they backed down."

No charges were ever brought against the broadcaster when he was alive.

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
Jimmy certainly fixed it for himself.  All those people who as children had their dream come true will have their memories tarnished by this now.  Why have so many kept quiet for so long?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
For fear they won't be believed or the fear the parents will seek revenge on the person that did it, like they did in the Plauche case. I know someone who waited and did the revenge themselves.

Offline Centaur

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
For fear they won't be believed or the fear the parents will seek revenge on the person that did it, like they did in the Plauche case. I know someone who waited and did the revenge themselves.
What a despicable man if this is true but with so many coming out of the shadows its hard to believe otherwise.      They cannot harm the man but they can damage his reputation for all eternity.      Do they get compensation without a trial?? 

Offline Joanne

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »
I don't know about the compensation bit.
They might (and I say might) also be paid for TV appearences, newspaper articles and/or 'glossy' (magazine) articles but whether anyone would 'take' the story without concrete evidence I don't know and whether the 'victim' would want to re-live it after a length of time-I don't know that either.

Offline puglove

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:15 PM »
Jimmy certainly fixed it for himself.  All those people who as children had their dream come true will have their memories tarnished by this now.  Why have so many kept quiet for so long?

If I was Georgina Ray I'd ask for another DNA test, because I reckon that was "fixed" too.