Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 600207 times)

Offline [...]

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #1050 on: October 25, 2017, 02:01:12 PM »
This is for my next post......

In a statement read to the jury, BDP architect Samuel Huscroft said he had planned to go to the Ram but he was not feeling well and because of the pre-Christmas crowds, he instead went home.
He said that later on he received a text from Miss Yeates, which said: 'Where are you this fine evening?' Mr Huscroft said he texted back but did not receive a reply.
Jurors also heard a statement from Peter Lindsell, a former colleague of Miss Yeates at BDP, who she had also texted that evening.
Mr Lindsell said he was standing on a platform at Bristol Temple Meads station waiting for a train to Reading, where he was attending a wedding that weekend, when he received a message from Miss Yeates at 8.12pm.
She wrote: 'Where art thou?'
Mr Lindsell said he replied immediately and said he was at the station waiting for his train.
At 8.24pm, Miss Yeates replied: 'On my tod, just thinking about how much fun your birthday was.'
Mr Lindsell said in his statement: 'I thought this was an odd comment because she was referring to my BBQ in April 2009. I cannot think why she would make that comment.'
He said that he replied at 8.25pm offering to meet up with Miss Yeates and Mr Reardon for a drink - either before Christmas or after.
'I took it from her text that she was at a loose end, which is why I suggested the drink because I had not seen Greg or Jo for such a long time,' he said. 'After that text I didn't hear any more from Jo but didn't think that was unusual.'
A statement from Matthew Wood, who was a school friend of Miss Yeates' older brother Chris, was also read out to the court. Mr Wood, a project manager, said he lived in Bristol and had been asked by Chris Yeates to show his sister around the city after she moved there in 2008.
He said over the next two years they met up socially a dozen times to go for a drink. Mr Wood said it was rare for him and Miss Yeates to contact each other by text message as they usually communicated by Facebook.
However, at 8.26pm he received a text from her, which said: 'Matt, are you out tonight?'
Mr Wood said that he was at his staff Christmas party and did not see the message until 9.22pm but immediately replied and said: 'At office party. Not sure what I'm doing later.'
He said he never got a reply.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048622/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Pictures-Joanna-Yeates-drinking-night-died.html#ixzz4wWPZi8Sa

Offline [...]

« Reply #1051 on: October 25, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »
These times come from the article I just posted and I added what I originally knew about Rebecca Scotts phone call..

(1) :  6:00pm The bristol Ram

(2):   8:00pm  Leaves bristol Ram

(3):   8:10pm Waitrose

(4):   8:12pm Texts Mr Lindsell/ he replies immediately

(5):   8:24pm Joanna Yeates Replies "on my tod"

(6)    8:25pm  Mr Lindsell replies

(7):   8:26pm Matt wood receives a text

(8):   8:30pm Rebecca Scott phone Call.. 15 minute call

(9):   8:36pm Tesco's

(10): 9:22 pm Mr wood replies...

I haven't even managed to allow for Bargain Booze...

At 8.30pm she made a telephone call on her mobile phone to her friend Rebecca Scott but the duration of the call is not being disclosed by the police.

Joanna went into Tesco, just 50 yards away from Bargain Booze, at 8.37pm to buy a £4.50 vegetarian pizza which she bought using the self-service till.

The CCTV of Joanna Yeates in Tescos starts at 8:36pm..

How long does it take to walk 50 yard????

2-3 minutes walking into the door of Tesco's and getting the Pizza

So we have Between 8:30pm and 8:36pm... Joanna Yeates has to go into Bargain Booze and Buy 2 Bottle of cider... I remember her mother saying she got one bottle then went back for another bottle because it made Mrs Yeates smile....

We have 6 minutes exactly too...
Go into Bargain Booze... 
Walk 50 yards
Go into Tesco's and find the Pizza she requires.. Whilst having a Phone call with Rebecca Scott for 15 minutes, and I believe by the time we went to trial it was & minutes...

It still doesn't fit!!!!  We never see Joanna Yeates making a phone call to anyone whilst she is shopping...

Now we know Joanna Yeates has to be in Waitrose for more than 2 minutes...  Yet we do not see her text anyone in the video... The CCTV had been edited... They say she arrives at Waitrose at 8:10pm... The video is very jerky and I's been edited because It freezes at 1:23/ 1:24 of the video.. and then it moves on...

So Waitrose leaves by using the video it is.. 8:11:38 pm ... So in exactly  12 seconds, Joanna Yeates has to leave the Exit of `Waitrose and then text Mr Lindell...

She now needs to go to Bargain Booze...

But The timelines have changed ....   I've just read her phone call to Rebecca Scott was at 8:10Pm..... From reports after the trial...

8.02pm: Miss Yeates leaves the pub alone to walk the 20-minute journey home from the city centre to Clifton.

8.10pm: She phones best friend Rebecca Scott on her mobile while walking home. They talk for seven minutes. Miss Yeates is tempted to visit Miss Scott in Swansea that night but she has to look after the cat. They arrange to meet Christmas Eve.

8.29pm: Miss Yeates buys two bottles of cider in Bargain Booze in Clifton Village.

8.31pm: She's buys a £4.50 mozzarella and basil "Finest" pizza in Tesco Express.

8.33pm: The final CCTV sighting of Miss Yeates as she walks across a junction near the Hop House pub, 632 yards from home.

8.40pm to 8.45pm: She chats about the slippery pavement with a priest walking his dog.

Shortly before 8.49pm: A couple hear a woman scream twice as they arrive for a party across the road from Miss Yeates's flat in Canynge Road.

These timeline are from the trial.....  So How did Joanna Yeates manage to text Various Male Friends when she was on the phone to Rebecca Scott????

Between 8:10pm and 8:17pm Joanna Yeates is talking to Rebecca Scott.. She cannot have sent anybody any texts... Where there replies from her male friends  texts or Phone messages ??

The quote that always got me was Matt Wood...
He said over the next two years they met up socially a dozen times to go for a drink. Mr Wood said it was rare for him and Miss Yeates to contact each other by text message as they usually communicated by Facebook.

He said they always communicated via facebook???

Is it like I said yesterday... Someone went into the Date and Time settings on Joanna Yeates phone and sent those messages ???

It has to be with the information we have from reports after the trial... why has no-one picked up on this....

I don't know what time Joanna Yeates died... But I know she didn't send those texts....
yesterday I nearly didn't put the screen shot up of my message to my hubby , because of the emoji's and kisses, but for fact I needed to...

It has always struck me as odd.. That to all her male friends Joanna Yeates didn't put any kisses on.... not even 1..

Most people put kisses on .. many men I know do eve when replying to other men...  The amount of kisses would normally donate, how close you are... whether male or female... I know everyone is different, but a X normally goes with the territory..

Now I do know Joanna Yeates puts a kiss on the end of a message...  In 2009 when their friends on their facebook group they are arranging the "Come Wine With Me" events they do... Joanna Yeates uses Gregs facebook account and leaves a message on the group... she writes..

I can't do monday due to no time to buy the stuff/cook stuff beforehand. I'm in Devon on the weekend. From Jo x

I believe who ever killed Joanna Yeates had to know her and also had to know her circle of friends.... For them to create a trail of text messages  that Joanna Yeates herself couldn't possibly have sent....(IMO)
I think the times show this and the fact that a kiss at the end of her messages were devoid...

Edit.... Both articles are written either when the trial is happening or at the end of the trial....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048622/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Pictures-Joanna-Yeates-drinking-night-died.html#ixzz4wWV6Vhb7

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/joanna-yeates-murder-timeline-of-events-2377178.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/82338951384

Offline [...]

« Reply #1052 on: October 25, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
8.02pm: Miss Yeates leaves the pub alone to walk the 20-minute journey home from the city centre to Clifton.

8.10pm: She phones best friend Rebecca Scott on her mobile while walking home. They talk for seven minutes. Miss Yeates is tempted to visit Miss Scott in Swansea that night but she has to look after the cat. They arrange to meet Christmas Eve. 7 minutes on the phone!!!

8:12pm Texts Mr Lindsell/ he replies immediately

8:24pm Joanna Yeates Replies "on my tod"

8:25pm  Mr Lindsell replies

8:26pm Matt wood receives a text

8.29pm: Miss Yeates buys two bottles of cider in Bargain Booze in Clifton Village.

8.31pm: She's buys a £4.50 mozzarella and basil "Finest" pizza in Tesco Express.

8.33pm: The final CCTV sighting of Miss Yeates as she walks across a junction near the Hop House pub, 632 yards from home.

8.40pm to 8.45pm: She chats about the slippery pavement with a priest walking his dog.

Shortly before 8.49pm: A couple hear a woman scream twice as they arrive for a party across the road from Miss Yeates's flat in Canynge Road.

Edit... The timings don't make sense ... thats why we need proper records of these communications...

Offline [...]

« Reply #1053 on: October 25, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »
In a written statement read to the court, Mr Brown said he had spoken to Miss Yeates in the Ram about her plans for Christmas and who would win the final of The Apprentice, which was being aired on the Sunday night.

'I remember texting Jo and betting her 50p that Chris was going to win The Apprentice show on the BBC,' he said

What day and what time did Mr Brown bet Joanna Yeates 50p about the winner of The Apprentice....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048622/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Pictures-Joanna-Yeates-drinking-night-died.html#ixzz4wWnmyM00

Offline [...]

« Reply #1054 on: October 25, 2017, 03:24:18 PM »
Thinking about these phone calls and text messages....

Did the Police request all the phone records of "ALL" these individuals or did they just take their word!!!

How did they establish that these timings were accurate ????

(1) Rebbecca Scott

(2) Mr Brown

(3) Mathew Wood

(4) Mr Lindsell

(5) BDP architect Samuel Huscroft

I will also add the 4 other people in this case....

(A) Joanna Yeates

(B) Greg Reardon

(C) Tanja Morson

(D) Dr Vincent Tabak

Not forgetting

(E) CJ... who received a call

(F) Mr and Mrs Yeates  who received a call...

That is 11 requests of phone records... I don't remember these phone records coming to court....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048622/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Pictures-Joanna-Yeates-drinking-night-died.html

Offline [...]

« Reply #1055 on: October 25, 2017, 03:48:00 PM »

8.10pm: She phones best friend Rebecca Scott on her mobile while walking home. They talk for seven minutes. Miss Yeates is tempted to visit Miss Scott in Swansea that night but she has to look after the cat. They arrange to meet Christmas Eve. 7 minutes on the phone!!!

Edit... The timings don't make sense ... thats why we need proper records of these communications...

We are just assuming that these texts were all sent on the Friday... where do they have the date ?????

We need date and time of all of these communications ....

Offline [...]

« Reply #1056 on: October 25, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »
The jury was sworn on 7 October, 2011. The trial was postponed for a day because
Vincent Tabak's defence team, led by William Clegg, QC, pleaded o he judge for extra
time to read an additional 1,300 pages of documentary evidence which the prosecution had
disclosed to them at the last minute.

When prosecution counsel Nigel Lickley opened the case, he produced copies of an
A3- bound document which consisted of colour-coded pages of the timeline of the alleged
murder: every incident from emails, mobile texts, landline telephone calls, travel,
shopping, etc of the parties involved, ieJoanna Yeates and her cohabitee; and Vincent
Tabak and his cohabitee. Importantly, these schedules also include alleged internet
searches by Dr Tabak.

I believe the timelines for Joanna Yeates phone calls etc and texts she sent and recieved all come from her mobile phone... I don't believe that they came from anywhere else.....

The Timings that don't correspond and the text of her male friend at the train station going to a wedding, always struck me as odd..

Why would you go to a wedding at that time of night.... What date was this friend of Joanna Yeates at Temple Mead going to a wedding ????[/quote]

She phoned several male friends and told how she was bored.
She texted Samuel Ashcroft:
“Where are you this fine eve?”
His reply was “Home- sorry”.
She then texted Peter: “Where are you?”
Peter replied “On my way to a wedding. Where are you?”
She replied: “At home- on my todd”.
She texted a third male friend.

So according to the Sally Ramage Papers .. Joanna Yeates Replies she is at "Home on her Tod"

Because Joanna Yeates replies at 8:24pm... She cannot be at home because she is supposed to be on her way home ....That's why I believe that the text is on Saturday 18th December 2010... (imo)

So was Peter going to a wedding on the Saturday????  Making his 8:12pm text he recieves from Joanna Yeates possible?? With that timestamp being on Joanna Yeates phone ???

But What time and day do they really show up on Peter's Phone ???

Mr Lindsell said he was standing on a platform at Bristol Temple Meads station waiting for a train to Reading, where he was attending a wedding that weekend, when he received a message from Miss Yeates at 8.12pm.
Mr Lindsell said he replied immediately and said he was at the station waiting for his train.

Were the texts between Joanna Yeates and Peter done on the Saturday?????

So you have a clash of texts... But if the information only came from Joanna Yeates phone... I believe...(imo) you can see why they say what they do....

Because other wise they don't make sense ....

I believe someone messed with Joanna Yeates phone ...(imo)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2048622/Vincent-Tabak-trial-Pictures-Joanna-Yeates-drinking-night-died.html#ixzz4wXFVcstf

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

Offline nina

« Reply #1057 on: October 25, 2017, 05:13:32 PM »
Nine's post #1029

VT states he left home and went to Bristol Rd to take photos.

Where is Bristol Rd, Clifton, please.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1058 on: October 25, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »
Nine's post #1029

VT states he left home and went to Bristol Rd to take photos.

Where is Bristol Rd, Clifton, please.

Sorry guys... I feel like I am being lead by the nose....

Offline nina

« Reply #1059 on: October 25, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »

Was this Dr Vincent Tabak returning from America ????

"Workplace"??

We are just assuming he means Buro Happold in Bath.... But a place of work can be anywhere....

Is that why he didn't go to the party with Tanja ... And sent the message that he had just got home????

So did he go to work to drop something off??

Buro Happold have been very quiet on this....

Is this why they know where he was for an hour at around 9:00pm??

He could have accessed his bank account at work... There may be a rest room at work...

Saying your home... could mean he's back from the States  or any other place he may have been regarding his work...

He wasn't at home was he !!! So by the time he is home he just grabs something to eat....  The ASDA CCTV he could have gone before he went home and bought beer!!

Edit... Put the timeline aside it sounds like a trigger.... He stops explaining what he is doing... He then goes into talking about eating...

It makes it appear that after he has accessed his bank account at a precise time of 7:37pm he immediately starts talking about what he did to relax... He doesn't explain how he got home from Buro Happold on Bristol Road and how long it took or what time it took......

I can see where you're coming from Nine, but he says he left by the small garden gate, that's at no.44 Clifton.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1060 on: October 25, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »
I can see where you're coming from Nine, but he says he left by the small garden gate, that's at no.44 Clifton.

Garden and path spring to mind

Offline [...]

« Reply #1061 on: October 25, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »
Took a fork in the road... sorry

Offline [...]

« Reply #1062 on: October 26, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »

Sharon Burns, 35, who has lived next to Frank for five years and is a close friend, said: “He must have been through a terrible time.

“Helen had twins in September. When Greg came to visit before Christmas it was the first time he had come to see them.’’

Another neighbour who saw Greg’s car parked outside his brother’s home that weekend said: “He must have been on top of the world seeing the twins for the first time. Then to be plunged into all this.

“His emotions have been pulled all over the place. What a rollercoaster. It must be unbearable.

“They’d seemed so happy. Both the lads are great skiers and Greg had his skis with him. They probably took advantage of the weather for a little fun.

“They are such a lovely family. It should have been a lovely weekend for them. It’s heart-breaking.’’

Who is the neighbour referring too, when they say "They'd seemed so happy"?? 

Offline nina

« Reply #1063 on: October 26, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »

I know that all of the timings you have posted are different, shows us how accurate the media is.

Well I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Joanna walked from Bargain Booze to Tesco's in 2 minutes.

She would have had to cross the main road in and out of the Village, which is the end of Queen's Rd .... I think, I'll have a look on Wednesday, to see what it's called.

I got my friend's 24 year old daughter to do that walk last night. It was wet but obviously nothing like the weather in 2010. It took her 2 seconds short of 4 minutes. She did have to stop for traffic, we don't know if Joanna had to do this.

Also this was just to Tesco's door she did not go in. Joanna knew where the pizzas were, through doors far right down the end on right hand side. So it wouldn't have taken her long.

Joanna talked to a priest about the slippery pavements so she wouldn't have been walking that fast on that part of her journey home.

I think that you are bang on Nine, the timings are all approx. wrapped neatly around the odd timings we have been given from CCTV.

Offline [...]

« Reply #1064 on: October 26, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
Defence Counsel: Can you look at item where you sent message to Tanja ‘missing you’
Can you remember if you sent it before you decided to go to Asda.
Recapping- you come off the Internet at 7.37pm (our entry 47) & remain in your flat until
9.29pm (our entry 88).
How soon before that did you left your flat?

The searches are NOT Dr Vincent Tabak's!!  I've always said this... Now I am questioning what was said at trial....

I couldn't understand how Clegg had anything to refer too with regards any timings for what Dr Vincent Tabak did...

This has to be from something else... maybe an interview with someone....

If Dr Vincent Tabak didn't say anything to his Lawyer and all they had was an enhanced statement, how did they know that Dr Vincent Tabak stayed in his flat until 9:29pm???

I could never understand this...  From 7:37pm until 9:29pm.. Dr Vincent Tabak... according to the Defences timeline, was in his Flat... Obviously proving he didn't go around to Flat 1 , when they said he did...

But it cannot be an account of Dr Vincent Tabak's movement on that day... As Dr Vincent Tabak remained silent throughout.. And only signing an enhanced statement in September....

So Clegg had to get this information from somewhere..... Just like the searches are not Dr Vincent Tabak's (imo).. I don't believe the account of his movements are his either...

Why is Dr Vincent Tabak suddenly going to come up with some random statements that don't make sense, without anyone to verify them...

Clegg should have had access to Dr Vincent Tabak, computer, but I don't think he did....  Where has this information come from??

If Clegg had spent the time checking everything that Dr Vincent Tabak had done over that weekend, He would have known that Dr Vincent Tabak was still in his Flat till 9:29pm and didn't move... He would have argued that point to the bitter end.... Proving his Client was at home when Joanna Yeates was killed But he didn't!

I had just assumed Clegg must have had some evidence that Dr Vincent Tabak was in his Flat until 9:29pm on that Friday... But what evidence could that have possibly have been...

He has already said that he came off the Internet, so it cannot be that which puts Dr Vincent Tabak in his Flat until 9:29pm....  And him saying he was watching TV without knowing what he was watching, it can't be that either....

I remember DCI phil Jones saying that Dr Vincent Tabak would only talk about the phone... So the police in their Interviews didn't get any change from Dr Vincent Tabak... 

Yes there is the holland interview.... But Clegg cannot use that as his information for what Dr Vincent Tabak apparently did...And I doubt that he had a copy of DC Karen Thomas Interview.. Also within this Holland Interview, how do we know what Dr Vincent Tabak was supposed to have said??? Did he actually speak?? Did we ever see any evidence from DC Karen Thomas of what Dr Vincent Tabak did or said in this 6 hour Holland Interview?? No... does she refer to her notes in court??? Not that I know of.....

This whole case is odd.... Why would Dr Vincent Tabak talk to DC Karen Thomas for 6 hours in Holland  yet when he has been arrested he say absolutely nothing.....

His freedom is on the line and for 10 months he doesn't speak... until he is at trial.... So I cannot see that the Holland Interview had reams of info either... I think the Holland Interview is a smoke screen...

Where has the Information come from that is used at Dr Vincent Tabak's trial????

We have no corroborating independent witness's to say anything as far as Dr Vincent Tabak is concerned...
Tanja at the very least should have been there at trial... but she wasn't, and the reason I believe she wasn't was so she didn't perjure herself...

This line... again doesn't make sense ...

Defence Counsel: At our timeline 100, you sent a text message to Tanja ‘How are you? I
am at Asda. Buying some crisis.’ How did you feel?
Tabak: I just wanted to hear her voice; to get support and comfort.

Dr Vincent Tabak has sent a text message... Yet it talks of him wanting to hear her voice.... That sounds like a phone call... What it reminded me of was someone ringing and it going to voicemail...

There you would here someones voice... But for Dr Vincent Tabak it doesn't make sense ..as he didn't ring Tanja he was supposed to have text her....

So who or what wanted to hear her voice ??? and who's voice are they talking about???

We have to go back to the 1300 page document.... If Clegg appeared surprised about the contents of this document when it was presented to him at the court on the 7th October 2011 , if I remember correctly, that tells me he didn't investigate anything to do with this case...

There literally should have not been any surprises from that document for him... He should have been aware what exactly was on Dr Vincent Tabak's computer and what exactly was on Dr Vincent Tabak's phone.

I still do not understand where Clegg got his Information about his client Dr Vincent Tabak, when Dr Vincent Tabak didn't say anything before trial.... And Clegg obviously didn't do anything to help his client as he demonstrated in court...

That information had to belong to somebody... but I am sure that it didn't belong to Dr Vincent Tabak..(imo)