Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commences in Pretoria, South Africa. Includes Court video.  (Read 150657 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Little happening today from a media standpoint, Court Day 6.

Defense Advocate Roux seems to have succeeded in poking holes in Advocate Nel's preparation of state witness Pieter Baba, the security guard whom Pistorius is said to have called after the shooting and claimed that everything was 'OK'.

Roux has unearthed a verbal inconsistency between two of the statements made by Baba regarding Pistorius' exact words ('Everything is OK' vs 'I'm OK' - the latter being arguably less misleading a statement).

Roux also claims to have phone records which show that Pistorius called Baba, and not the other way around, though he declines to produce those records at this time.

Prosecutor Nel is visibly perturbed by all this - so one up for the defense today, so far.

Meanwhile the judge has ordered media away, to 'protect the dignity of the deceased', as the court hears disturbing details of the autopsy via the testimony of Professor Simon.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:42:01 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline Myster

Day 6 - Monday, 10th. March, 2014.

Session 1... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKrzo22dUI
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

Reeva Steenkamp never stood a chance with an expanding bullet like this 9mm. Black Talon penetrating her brain...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/PB92/Picture254.jpg

One of the guns Pistorius carried with him and kept at the side of his bed was thought to be a 9mm. Taurus Parabellum like this one photographed in 2010. Might have been the same one he used on Reeva and later recovered from the scene...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282675/Oscar-Pistorius-case-The-gun-Blade-Runner-kept-bed-pictured.html

Trade photo of a similar 9mm. Taurus Parabellum...

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Shocking.

To fire into the toilet at close range he knew he would be causing an absolutely excruciating death to whomever was in there. Did a burglar deserve that, any more than Reeva Steenkamp?

Offline Tim Invictus

I agree Sherlock. With the gun he had and that especially lethal ammunition,  to shoot 4 times thru a locked door would be a gross overreaction even if he knew there was a burglar in the toilet. Of course he knew damn well who was hiding from HIM behind that door! IMHO

Offline John

I agree Sherlock. With the gun he had and that especially lethal ammunition,  to shoot 4 times thru a locked door would be a gross overreaction even if he knew there was a burglar in the toilet. Of course he knew damn well who was hiding from HIM behind that door! IMHO

Reeva screamed after the first shot but the b........ fired three more.  Hanging is too good for him!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Yes, Tim,  that ammunition is something incredible. I just looked up those flower petal bullets but couldn't look at them for too long.

Apparently they are banned in several places.

The idea that someone would go out of their way to select bullets for their personal weapon that caused maximum damage (normally profound internal injuries) says a lot.

Even a graze (from one bullet) according to the pathologist, could cause death in minutes due to the excessive bleeding these bullets cause.

Yet he fired four.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Reeva screamed after the first shot but the b........ fired three more.  Hanging is too good for him!

Well in that case we will probably see justice served, because by all accounts life in a South African jail is probably much worse.

Offline Anna

Yes, Tim,  that ammunition is something incredible. I just looked up those flower petal bullets but couldn't look at them for too long.

Apparently they are banned in several places.

The idea that someone would go out of their way to select bullets for their personal weapon that caused maximum damage (normally profound internal injuries) says a lot.

Even a graze (from one bullet) according to the pathologist, could cause death in minutes due to the excessive bleeding these bullets cause.

Yet he fired four.

I haven't really being following this, because it was a very nasty crime, however I didn't realise how cruel. How can someone do that to their partner? Terrible!
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline colombosstogey

Reeva Steenkamp never stood a chance with an expanding bullet like this 9mm. Black Talon penetrating her brain...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c42/PB92/Picture254.jpg

One of the guns Pistorius carried with him and kept at the side of his bed was thought to be a 9mm. Taurus Parabellum like this one photographed in 2010. Might have been the same one he used on Reeva and later recovered from the scene...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282675/Oscar-Pistorius-case-The-gun-Blade-Runner-kept-bed-pictured.html

Trade photo of a similar 9mm. Taurus Parabellum...

To even contemplate using this ammunition shows the mind of this guy. I think I am right he is suffering from sort sort of PTSD or mental issues.

These bullets are only used to ensure DEATH in the worse way and I thought they were banned or have they been re manufactured under another name.

That poor girl knew what was happening she tried to protect herself, she must have screamed or shouted his name. I  hope he rots in hell one day, but these so called famous killers seem to get away with murder.

That poor girl it makes me cry. 8)><(

Offline Angelo222

From what I have seen of the trial so far I have yet to hear anything which comes anywhere near Pistorius version of events. Roux certainly has his work cut out defending this killer.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Sherlock Holmes

To even contemplate using this ammunition shows the mind of this guy. I think I am right he is suffering from sort sort of PTSD or mental issues.

I'm no psychologist but he is clearly a very disturbed person, and complex. Powerful and privileged on the one hand, and unusually vulnerable on the other.

He certainly can't blame this thing on the climate of fear in South Africa. That fear is genuine and real,  but it does not explain what he has done.

Offline Anna

Day 8
― Plato

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Thanks for that, Anna.

Were you following along today?

Offline Anna

Thanks for that, Anna.

Were you following along today?

I tried, but its too scary to watch this normal looking lad, who is accused of brutally killing his girlfriend. Unbelievable  8(8-)) Poor Lass
― Plato