Author Topic: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.  (Read 168094 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.
« Reply #675 on: November 16, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »
In my experience it pays to understand the difference between correlation and causation.

A very common misconception.There is also people's desire to help. Suddenly people they noticed in passing become more significant. Annoying charity collectors seem menacing in hindsight. Everyone wracks their brains for anything they have seen and share it with the police just in case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #676 on: November 16, 2017, 10:54:06 PM »
In my experience it pays to understand the difference between correlation and causation.

Beat me to it.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #677 on: November 17, 2017, 12:02:05 AM »
Many people go out for a quiet smoke when on holiday Sadie so someone standing outside an apartment staring aimlessly into the night sky is nothing unusual. The cigarette butts found outside the apartments are testament to this happening regularly and does not necessarily indicate something sinister. 

Your theory is indeed interesting but it is simply that, a theory. I haven't seen any evidence which could in any way lend support to it as being more than just that.

As for Jane Tanner's tears.  She sees a man carrying a young girl and 45 minutes later is alerted to Madeleine's disappearance just yards away but chooses not to tell anyone.  Her excuse being that she didn't want to alarm Madeleine's parents, a bit weird don't you think?

You are quite right, John, about going out for a quick smoke, however all the flats in this part of block 6 had enormous balconies with much better views to the sea (I believe) and not looking directly at the side of a building (block 5).  Close the patio doors and smoke at your leisure ... no need to go elsewhere.

Jane Tanner did not know about Madeleines vanishing immediately because she was looking after E***.  As soon as she knew, talking to one of the other women (cant remember who) and hearing the details it clicked into place in her mind and she told the others.   She waited for the GNR to arrive and as soon  as it was possible she told them.

Very sensitively they decided not to tell The Mccanns immediately, hoping no doubt, that Madeleine had indeed walked, and would soon be found.  Also hoping that Janes 'sighting' was of a man carrying his own daughter.

Poor Jane; she was so distressed.

Offline sadie

« Reply #678 on: November 17, 2017, 12:07:47 AM »
Unfortunately for some, an unidentified Smithman will always be the thorn in the side of those who don't believe an abduction occurred.

8((()*/ 8(>((

Offline sadie

« Reply #679 on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:26 AM »
It hasn't been determined that they were anything  more than that and they don't seem high on SY's 'must interview' list, so likely of no significance at all.
So you know who was high on SY's must interview list, do you ?

how ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #680 on: November 17, 2017, 12:17:32 AM »
You mean in their opinion, people were watching the apartment block ?

Note the term, apartment block.
When a man who has been spotted before staring in the direction of 5A then is seen actually seen leaning on that apartments wall staring at it, then he is not staring at the apartment block in general.

Offline sadie

« Reply #681 on: November 17, 2017, 12:19:58 AM »
This was dealt with when OG carried out the review. Result zilch.
Citation for that please jassi. 

How can you KNOW that?   You dont, do you ?

Offline sadie

« Reply #682 on: November 17, 2017, 12:25:14 AM »
How many other people did the same ?

Any idea ?

How many people were seen on the corner ?

People do stare at buildings and do hang outside buildings.

That does not mean they are burglars, kidnappers and/or paedophiles.

People stare at buildings of architectual merit ... or exceptionally pretty buildings, but not soley at an apartment that was ordinary, similar to others

... unless there is a special reason.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #683 on: November 17, 2017, 12:50:26 AM »
People stare at buildings of architectual merit ... or exceptionally pretty buildings, but not soley at an apartment that was ordinary, similar to others

The apartment was at the end of the street. If you were waiting for a lift there it's absolutely understandable that you may have a bit of a nosey in someone else's garden or a look up at their apartment. I would.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #684 on: November 17, 2017, 12:57:38 AM »
The apartment was at the end of the street. If you were waiting for a lift there it's absolutely understandable that you may have a bit of a nosey in someone else's garden or a look up at their apartment. I would.

Oh would you?

It wasn't you that visited our garden to peer over the high garden wall at it and watch my hubby, was it ?

Nah it wasn't you.  I know who it was.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #685 on: November 17, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »
Oh would you?

It wasn't you that visited our garden to peer over the high garden wall at it and watch my hubby, was it ?

Nah it wasn't you.  I know who it was.

Was someone planning to abduct your husband too ?  8(0(*
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:01:44 AM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #687 on: November 17, 2017, 03:19:07 AM »

That is your opinion Sadie.

People can hang around buildings or a street for a variety of reasons.  It doesn't mean they are keeping it under surveillance.

After all, why would someone risk exposure to being observed ?

It seems to me and others, you are trying to fix hearsay to fit your theory.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #688 on: November 17, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »

That is your opinion Sadie.

People can hang around buildings or a street for a variety of reasons.  It doesn't mean they are keeping it under surveillance.

After all, why would someone risk exposure to being observed ?

It seems to me and others, you are trying to fix hearsay to fit your theory.

it really is quite simple...people hang around buildings and generally are of no interest...however is it is suspected a crime has been committed then the persons would be of interest

stephen25000

« Reply #689 on: November 17, 2017, 06:54:35 AM »
it really is quite simple...people hang around buildings and generally are of no interest...however is it is suspected a crime has been committed then the persons would be of interest

It has not been proven even if a crime occurred.

How would the onlookers know people were staring at an individual apartment, after reporting after an event ?

Why not other apartments ?

Wishful thinking after reading headlines ?

The power of imagination ?

Plenty of opinions, b....r all facts.

Do you believe Sadie's theories as well ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 07:03:23 AM by stephen25000 »