Author Topic: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.  (Read 168060 times)

Offline Innominate

Re: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.
« Reply #885 on: November 26, 2017, 07:53:20 PM »
Doesn't appear to be the correct link.
Did you mean here https://youtu.be/atfDV7imHHY?t=523   or here https://youtu.be/atfDV7imHHY?t=438 ?

Sorry, I don't like body language analysis so I won't pass comment on Gerry's during those moments.

Thanks. I've corrected the third link - the other links are correct.

Offline misty

« Reply #886 on: November 26, 2017, 08:17:21 PM »
Thanks. I've corrected the third link - the other links are correct.

The open slats in the video certainly provide good exterior visibility. Why would an intruder want or need to open the window in the circumstances or would you suggest for audibility -  hearing a getaway vehicle pull up or some sort of warning sound?
With me not being very mechanically minded, do you how a person opens only a few slats on the aluminium shutter as you can't do that with a Venetian blind?

Offline Innominate

« Reply #887 on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »
The open slats in the video certainly provide good exterior visibility. Why would an intruder want or need to open the window in the circumstances or would you suggest for audibility -  hearing a getaway vehicle pull up or some sort of warning sound?
With me not being very mechanically minded, do you how a person opens only a few slats on the aluminium shutter as you can't do that with a Venetian blind?

The problem is that we are not able to carry out a few experiments in the actual apartment so it is necessary to speculate a little.

It could be auditory, for example to hear someone approaching the front door (if necessary an intruder could exit via the sliding door), or just a general listening check to see if there is anyone about. Another possibility is to get closer to the shutters so it is easier to see through the holes.

Fiona Payne talks about adjusting the shutters in her rogatory:

"And I think we only ever sort of slightly opened, it was one of these shutters where, erm, sort of graded, erm, you can open it a little bit and it just opens up with a few holes to let a little bit of light in but the whole shutter is still actually down. And that's all we ever, we never opened the shutter, we just, we'd open it a bit in the morning to let a bit of light in and then shut it, erm, you know in, in the night-time to the point where it would only have a very minimum bit of light coming in"

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #888 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:02 PM »
Doesn't appear to be the correct link.
Did you mean here https://youtu.be/atfDV7imHHY?t=523   or here https://youtu.be/atfDV7imHHY?t=438 ?

Sorry, I don't like body language analysis so I won't pass comment on Gerry's during those moments.
What about what he says,  do you think that conflicts with what he says in his statements?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #889 on: November 26, 2017, 08:50:35 PM »

Who thinks Matthew could see a child breathing in that brown cot?

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #890 on: November 26, 2017, 09:05:20 PM »
I don't.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #891 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:32 PM »

From the top:
You are not
I am
With greatest of difficulty
 8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #892 on: November 26, 2017, 09:15:24 PM »

Who thinks Matthew could see a child breathing in that brown cot?

I'm not sure how much or how little could be seen in the brown travel cot by someone around 6' tall stood under the door frame itself, or whether the cots were photographed in the exact position they were when Matthew saw them.

Offline misty

« Reply #893 on: November 26, 2017, 09:18:31 PM »
What about what he says,  do you think that conflicts with what he says in his statements?

After 2 years would you expect him to be word perfect? Were his original statements accurate or confused by stress?

Offline misty

« Reply #894 on: November 26, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »
From the top:
You are not
I am
With greatest of difficulty
 8(0(*

Roughly translated, can you answer or will curiosity kill me?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #895 on: November 26, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »
Roughly translated, can you answer or will curiosity kill me?

Oh all right then if you insist.
You are not mechanically minded, I am and separating the sections of the type of shutter as fitted to Apt 5A can only be achieved with the greatest of difficulty as the whole shutter is designed to roll up around a headshaft.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #896 on: November 26, 2017, 10:00:30 PM »
Oh all right then if you insist.
You are not mechanically minded, I am and separating the sections of the type of shutter as fitted to Apt 5A can only be achieved with the greatest of difficulty as the whole shutter is designed to roll up around a headshaft.
*&(+(+
OK. So are the slats governed by a separate pulley containing 3 separate cables which could, by design, open just a few lower slats, a few upper slats or the whole lot?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #897 on: November 26, 2017, 10:20:11 PM »
*&(+(+
OK. So are the slats governed by a separate pulley containing 3 separate cables which could, by design, open just a few lower slats, a few upper slats or the whole lot?

The slats are pinned together top and bottom using horizontal pins. Unless the pins are removed the slats remain as a continuous but flexible unit a bit like a shrimps back.. In the case of 5A the head shaft is rotated by a manually operated belt and pulley system. The slack generated in the belt is wound atomically onto a pretensioned reel. [a bit like the atomic winding of a vacuum cleaner power cord].
This should give a few basic clues:  https://www.aikondistribution.com/sks,p102

Offline misty

« Reply #898 on: November 27, 2017, 12:12:57 AM »
The slats are pinned together top and bottom using horizontal pins. Unless the pins are removed the slats remain as a continuous but flexible unit a bit like a shrimps back.. In the case of 5A the head shaft is rotated by a manually operated belt and pulley system. The slack generated in the belt is wound atomically onto a pretensioned reel. [a bit like the atomic winding of a vacuum cleaner power cord].
This should give a few basic clues:  https://www.aikondistribution.com/sks,p102

I get that, Alice - but how do you explain the slats in this shot of shutter on bedroom window in 5A, please?

Offline John

« Reply #899 on: November 27, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »
When you lower the shutter completely all the slats drop down onto the one below thus closing out all the light.  When you pull the tape slowly the topmost slats lift up letting light in.  The more you pull the more slats rise up until light can come in through every space between the slats.  If you pull even further the slats begin to lift up from the bottom slowly, continued pulling will raise all the slats up until they disappear completely into the roller housing box at the top of the window.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.