Author Topic: Victim Jodi Jones  (Read 32152 times)

Offline Rorschach

Re: Victim Jodi Jones
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 02:21:23 PM »
When you answer my question I will answer yours.  Now for the third time of asking do you think there is a link between Jodi's murder and her father's suicide years before?

I've seen it claimed that Jodi's brother killed all three and they were all covered up by the family lol. I read this theory in private conversations between Corinne Mitchell, Sandra Lean and others.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 02:39:09 PM »
I've seen it claimed that Jodi's brother killed all three and they were all covered up by the family lol. I read this theory in private conversations between Corinne Mitchell, Sandra Lean and others.
That really doesn't surprise me, every case has its mad conspiracy theorists.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Parky41

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »
June 2004 whilst LM was in custody and almost 6 months before the start of the trial. What makes you think this was not looked into to? - An investigation does not suddenly stop after someone is arrested, it continues almost right up to the point of conviction.

The circumstances around the fathers death would have been investigated at the time and re-examined upon the death of his daughter. Suicides are not taken at face value, they are investigated by a coroner. Classed as "violent" deaths.

Already set in place therefore is that conclusion that there was no link between these first two. And on those first two alone, it is a very vivid imagination that would possibly link a suicide of a father some five years before to a murder some 5 years later.

And again upon the death of this uncle, investigated once more by a coroner. The police with their ongoing investigation of LM, would seek to obtain the outcome of these reports/investigations. Seek further information to rule out any possible links. i.e did this uncle perhaps leave some note, was he around at the time of this girls death within the family circle and so forth.

Let us not forget here, that once LM was in custody awaiting trial, much of the investigation on-going would be by prompt of the Crown, who would seek to rule out all and everything - to limit what the defence may attempt to introduce. They use the police for this along with doing precognitions and so forth.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2021, 02:56:00 PM »

Of course you did.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 06:26:40 PM »
June 2004 whilst LM was in custody and almost 6 months before the start of the trial. What makes you think this was not looked into to? - An investigation does not suddenly stop after someone is arrested, it continues almost right up to the point of conviction.

The circumstances around the fathers death would have been investigated at the time and re-examined upon the death of his daughter. Suicides are not taken at face value, they are investigated by a coroner. Classed as "violent" deaths.

Already set in place therefore is that conclusion that there was no link between these first two. And on those first two alone, it is a very vivid imagination that would possibly link a suicide of a father some five years before to a murder some 5 years later.

And again upon the death of this uncle, investigated once more by a coroner. The police with their ongoing investigation of LM, would seek to obtain the outcome of these reports/investigations. Seek further information to rule out any possible links. i.e did this uncle perhaps leave some note, was he around at the time of this girls death within the family circle and so forth.

Let us not forget here, that once LM was in custody awaiting trial, much of the investigation on-going would be by prompt of the Crown, who would seek to rule out all and everything - to limit what the defence may attempt to introduce. They use the police for this along with doing precognitions and so forth.
Given that suicide is the leading cause of death in men under the age of 50 I don’t suppose 2 suicides in a family over six years (particularly one that has been devastated by a high profile vicious murder) is “off the Richter Scale unusual”.  I mean if both men had died of heart attacks no one would be that suspicious about it would they?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 06:59:55 PM »

Do you have a cite for this?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2021, 11:21:36 AM »
When you answer my question I will answer yours.  Now for the third time of asking do you think there is a link between Jodi's murder and her father's suicide years before?

My posts on page 1 of this thread cover your question.

Out of a possible 365 days that the 2 suicides and murder could have occured they are all clustered around the anniversaries over a 9 day period.  Maybe some rational explanation and/or coincidence or maybe not.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2021, 05:26:34 PM »
My posts on page 1 of this thread cover your question.

Out of a possible 365 days that the 2 suicides and murder could have occured they are all clustered around the anniversaries over a 9 day period.  Maybe some rational explanation and/or coincidence or maybe not.
Here is a rational explanation for you. Obviously it’s up to you whether you agree that it is rational or not, perhaps you could come up with a better explanation if you reject mine:

1) Father with history of mental illness commits suicide
2) some years later his daughter is murdered, coincidentally close to the date of the father’s suicide.
3) Uncle (brother  of suicide victim) in suffering because of these family trageides commits suicide around the anniversaries of his brother and niece when his anguish is at its height.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:15 PM »
Here is a rational explanation for you. Obviously it’s up to you whether you agree that it is rational or not, perhaps you could come up with a better explanation if you reject mine:

1) Father with history of mental illness commits suicide
2) some years later his daughter is murdered, coincidentally close to the date of the father’s suicide.
3) Uncle (brother  of suicide victim) in suffering because of these family trageides commits suicide around the anniversaries of his brother and niece when his anguish is at its height.

Yes its the rational explanation I was thinking of but still think if you asked a statistician to work out the odds of the events happening within one family it would be extremely rare. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2021, 05:54:48 PM »
Yes its the rational explanation I was thinking of but still think if you asked a statistician to work out the odds of the events happening within one family it would be extremely rare.
I don’t think it is really.  The only coincidence is the murder taking place close to the anniversary of the first suicide.  Suicide is the most common cause of death in middle aged men I believe. 

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 11:52:37 PM »
I note in one of SL's posts she refers to the perp as being male.  Is there some reason to rule out a female perp?

Yes. Police stupidity.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2021, 04:38:25 PM »
I know of a family where there have been two suicides : a 19 year old boy, in 2002, and his uncle 16 years later.  One had problems with cannabis, the other had problems with money  , and interestingly, they were close.

However, I don't believe there is any direct connection, and nor does the family.

Closer to home, my husband's cousin was killed in 1976, having been knocked down by a bus.  Her grandfather was killed six years earlier, having been knocked down by a car.   

Again, no direct connection.  Just very sad.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2021, 10:04:43 PM »
Yes. Police stupidity.

Unless J J's hands were tied once she lost consciousness I really can't see a lone female having the physical strength to restrain the victim whilst simultaneously tying the hands. 

I can see a female being an accomplice. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2021, 12:38:43 AM »
Luke Mitchell was found guilty - slinging mud at Jodi Jones' family is desperate
Record columnist Jane Hamilton says those peddling half-truths about Jodi's murder are just adding to her family's heartache.

By Jane Hamilton
04:30, 1 MAY 2021

I’m loath to revisit this issue again because I feel the family of Jodi Jones have had enough but I’ll say it again for the hard of thinking – Luke Mitchell was found guilty of murder by a jury and sentenced to life imprisonment.

It shouldn’t need repeating.

But next Saturday there will be a protest by Mitchell’s supporters yet again demanding he be declared ­innocent.

For the family of Jodi, this is nothing more than a heartbreaking attack on his victim’s memory.

They have spoken to the Daily Record this week to plead that those peddling half-truths and slurs take a step back and consider the facts of the case.

Once more for those at the back – collectively, the Scottish justice system believes it has the right person for the crime he was charged with and is serving his time.

Four FAILED appeals including an independent Miscarriage of Justice investigation. Case closed. Done, dusted, finished.

And for the people who accuse journalists of turning a blind eye to the plight of an “innocent man” banged up for a crime he didn’t do, let me say this (yet again) – we have examined the case a gazillion times over the years and come up with nothing new.

There is no smoking gun, no “eureka” moment of uncovering a startling bit of new evidence that exonerates him.

The “new evidence” put forward by Luke’s supporters has been poured over time and again – but the conclusion remains the same.

Potential other people of interest were a factor of the original investigation and alternative suspects were traced, interviewed and eliminated from having the potential to be culpable.

Accusations of police corruption, collusion and personal insults have been winging their way to Daily Record towers daily.

Trust me, if you want a journalist to take your claims or suspicions seriously, here’s a wee tip - aggression, angst, insults and threats is not the way to do it.

Slinging mud at the innocent family of a murder victim to see if it sticks is also not a good way to change hearts or minds. If anything, it makes you look pathetically desperate.

The comments I’ve seen directed at the Jones family make me despair for the human race at times.

Where is the compassion and empathy for what they have been through?

Why can’t the supporters of Mitchell articulate their support for him and his family without dragging the Jones family down?

Oh yeah, because they’re among the dozens of suspects being bandied about by the Facebook sleuths. [Insert rolling eye emoji here].

But, hey, we live in a democracy and the beauty of that is we are free to have our own opinions and thoughts.

We can demonstrate and exercise our right to freedom of speech.

If you believe a miscarriage of justice has been done, you’re well within your rights to set up petitions, marches, videos and take to social media to put forward your case.

Such is our freedom that even a convicted murderer is allowed to protest his innocence on national television and take a lie detector test.

Nobody is denying you the right to bang your drum about your cause or your beliefs.

With social media, everyone can shout into the void – but while you’re screaming about innocence remember he had the best legal counsel in the country who did their damnedest for him and he has had the privilege of multiple legal options to have his case reviewed.

The life and voice of Jodi Jones has been lost to the world forever – remember that.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-found-guilty-murder-24016568
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2021, 12:49:08 AM »
Luke Mitchell was found guilty - slinging mud at Jodi Jones' family is desperate
Record columnist Jane Hamilton says those peddling half-truths about Jodi's murder are just adding to her family's heartache.

By Jane Hamilton
04:30, 1 MAY 2021

I’m loath to revisit this issue again because I feel the family of Jodi Jones have had enough but I’ll say it again for the hard of thinking – Luke Mitchell was found guilty of murder by a jury and sentenced to life imprisonment.

It shouldn’t need repeating.

But next Saturday there will be a protest by Mitchell’s supporters yet again demanding he be declared ­innocent.

For the family of Jodi, this is nothing more than a heartbreaking attack on his victim’s memory.

They have spoken to the Daily Record this week to plead that those peddling half-truths and slurs take a step back and consider the facts of the case.

Once more for those at the back – collectively, the Scottish justice system believes it has the right person for the crime he was charged with and is serving his time.

Four FAILED appeals including an independent Miscarriage of Justice investigation. Case closed. Done, dusted, finished.

And for the people who accuse journalists of turning a blind eye to the plight of an “innocent man” banged up for a crime he didn’t do, let me say this (yet again) – we have examined the case a gazillion times over the years and come up with nothing new.

There is no smoking gun, no “eureka” moment of uncovering a startling bit of new evidence that exonerates him.

The “new evidence” put forward by Luke’s supporters has been poured over time and again – but the conclusion remains the same.

Potential other people of interest were a factor of the original investigation and alternative suspects were traced, interviewed and eliminated from having the potential to be culpable.

Accusations of police corruption, collusion and personal insults have been winging their way to Daily Record towers daily.

Trust me, if you want a journalist to take your claims or suspicions seriously, here’s a wee tip - aggression, angst, insults and threats is not the way to do it.

Slinging mud at the innocent family of a murder victim to see if it sticks is also not a good way to change hearts or minds. If anything, it makes you look pathetically desperate.

The comments I’ve seen directed at the Jones family make me despair for the human race at times.

Where is the compassion and empathy for what they have been through?

Why can’t the supporters of Mitchell articulate their support for him and his family without dragging the Jones family down?

Oh yeah, because they’re among the dozens of suspects being bandied about by the Facebook sleuths. [Insert rolling eye emoji here].

But, hey, we live in a democracy and the beauty of that is we are free to have our own opinions and thoughts.

We can demonstrate and exercise our right to freedom of speech.

If you believe a miscarriage of justice has been done, you’re well within your rights to set up petitions, marches, videos and take to social media to put forward your case.

Such is our freedom that even a convicted murderer is allowed to protest his innocence on national television and take a lie detector test.

Nobody is denying you the right to bang your drum about your cause or your beliefs.

With social media, everyone can shout into the void – but while you’re screaming about innocence remember he had the best legal counsel in the country who did their damnedest for him and he has had the privilege of multiple legal options to have his case reviewed.

The life and voice of Jodi Jones has been lost to the world forever – remember that.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-found-guilty-murder-24016568

‘Poured over’ ? Smart cookie this one.

There was an interesting comment though.

‘I’m shocked. I personally fought for eight years to obtain justice for my brother, Barry George. He was found guilty of murder by a jury, the awful killing of Jill Dando, BBC presenter of Crimewatch. Does this journalist remember that? In obtaining his freedom we opened the chance for the police to look again into her murder...justice for Jill as well. A wrongly convicted person is not justice for the victim of murder, rather it compounds the travesty of justice. I'm hopeful that this journalist can understand that my brother was innocent from day one...the system let him and Jill down.
I’d also like to draw this journalist’s attention to some other names, too. Try these...
The Birmingham Six, the Guildford Four, The Maguire Seven, Robert Brown, Derek Bentley, Stefan Kiszko, Michael O'Brien, Suzanne Holdsworth, Angela Cannings, Sally Clark...and this list is far from exhaustive. I personally know many of these people, my life has been devastated by miscarriage of justice, I can never be naive again.
Miscarriage of justice happens, and when it does it behoves us as a civilised society to investigate and to free the innocent quickly.
Sadly, our justice systems do not do that, so real killers are free to kill again. If police had not tried to railroad Colin Stagg to a conviction they’d have caught Rachel Nickell’s killer before he struck again.
I hold no feelings against Jodi’s family, but from the evidence, old...and now the new, I believe Luke Mitchell is innocent.’
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?