Author Topic: Victim Jodi Jones  (Read 32153 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Victim Jodi Jones
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2021, 10:31:16 AM »
Luke Mitchell was found guilty - slinging mud at Jodi Jones' family is desperate
Record columnist Jane Hamilton says those peddling half-truths about Jodi's murder are just adding to her family's heartache.

By Jane Hamilton
04:30, 1 MAY 2021

I’m loath to revisit this issue again because I feel the family of Jodi Jones have had enough but I’ll say it again for the hard of thinking – Luke Mitchell was found guilty of murder by a jury and sentenced to life imprisonment.

It shouldn’t need repeating.

But next Saturday there will be a protest by Mitchell’s supporters yet again demanding he be declared ­innocent.

For the family of Jodi, this is nothing more than a heartbreaking attack on his victim’s memory.

They have spoken to the Daily Record this week to plead that those peddling half-truths and slurs take a step back and consider the facts of the case.

Once more for those at the back – collectively, the Scottish justice system believes it has the right person for the crime he was charged with and is serving his time.

Four FAILED appeals including an independent Miscarriage of Justice investigation. Case closed. Done, dusted, finished.

And for the people who accuse journalists of turning a blind eye to the plight of an “innocent man” banged up for a crime he didn’t do, let me say this (yet again) – we have examined the case a gazillion times over the years and come up with nothing new.

There is no smoking gun, no “eureka” moment of uncovering a startling bit of new evidence that exonerates him.

The “new evidence” put forward by Luke’s supporters has been poured over time and again – but the conclusion remains the same.

Potential other people of interest were a factor of the original investigation and alternative suspects were traced, interviewed and eliminated from having the potential to be culpable.

Accusations of police corruption, collusion and personal insults have been winging their way to Daily Record towers daily.

Trust me, if you want a journalist to take your claims or suspicions seriously, here’s a wee tip - aggression, angst, insults and threats is not the way to do it.

Slinging mud at the innocent family of a murder victim to see if it sticks is also not a good way to change hearts or minds. If anything, it makes you look pathetically desperate.

The comments I’ve seen directed at the Jones family make me despair for the human race at times.

Where is the compassion and empathy for what they have been through?

Why can’t the supporters of Mitchell articulate their support for him and his family without dragging the Jones family down?

Oh yeah, because they’re among the dozens of suspects being bandied about by the Facebook sleuths. [Insert rolling eye emoji here].

But, hey, we live in a democracy and the beauty of that is we are free to have our own opinions and thoughts.

We can demonstrate and exercise our right to freedom of speech.

If you believe a miscarriage of justice has been done, you’re well within your rights to set up petitions, marches, videos and take to social media to put forward your case.

Such is our freedom that even a convicted murderer is allowed to protest his innocence on national television and take a lie detector test.

Nobody is denying you the right to bang your drum about your cause or your beliefs.

With social media, everyone can shout into the void – but while you’re screaming about innocence remember he had the best legal counsel in the country who did their damnedest for him and he has had the privilege of multiple legal options to have his case reviewed.

The life and voice of Jodi Jones has been lost to the world forever – remember that.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-found-guilty-murder-24016568

How many of those attending the protest knew Luke and Corrine Mitchell before Jodi’s murder?

And did Shane Mitchell attend? If not why not?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 10:34:32 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2021, 10:33:59 AM »
‘Poured over’ ? Smart cookie this one.

How did the protest go

But next Saturday there will be a protest by Mitchell’s supporters’
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2021, 10:46:43 AM »
How did the protest go

But next Saturday there will be a protest by Mitchell’s supporters’

The protest is tomorrow, I believe.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 11:20:14 AM »
The protest is tomorrow, I believe.

I very much doubt there will be a huge turnout.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2021, 11:36:15 AM »
I very much doubt there will be a huge turnout.
Why ever not?  I thought Sandra Lean's documentary had been a huge success at drumming up massive support?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2021, 03:41:18 PM »

There was an interesting comment though.

‘I’m shocked. I personally fought for eight years to obtain justice for my brother, Barry George..’

She didn’t!

Most of the fighting was done by her uncle Mike Burke and others (Including Raphael Rowe & MOJO Scotland) - Michelle (Mitch) Diskin Bates was the ‘face’ of the campaign.

Her lies know no bounds

She’s also lied by omission in her book about the evidence which originally convicted her brother Barry George.

The only ‘Julia’ who gets a mention is the actress Julia Roberts. Julia Moorehouse - who spoke with George not long after he’d shot Jill Dando - has been ghosted by Diskin Bates (https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/may/14/jilldando)

And in a recent interview with Ruth O’Reilly for United Christian Broadcasts Michelle Diskin Bates (Daughter of the King) again lies https://www.ucb.co.uk/ruth
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 04:03:08 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Rusty

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2021, 08:10:37 PM »
Luke Mitchell was found guilty - slinging mud at Jodi Jones' family is desperate
Record columnist Jane Hamilton says those peddling half-truths about Jodi's murder are just adding to her family's heartache.

By Jane Hamilton

I’m loath to revisit this issue again because I feel the family of Jodi Jones have had enough but I’ll say it again for the hard of thinking – Luke Mitchell was found guilty of murder by a jury and sentenced to life imprisonment.

But next Saturday there will be a protest by Mitchell’s supporters yet again demanding he be declared ­innocent.

For the family of Jodi, this is nothing more than a heartbreaking attack on his victim’s memory.

They have spoken to the Daily Record this week to plead that those peddling half-truths and slurs take a step back and consider the facts of the case.

Once more for those at the back – collectively, the Scottish justice system believes it has the right person for the crime he was charged with and is serving his time.

Four FAILED appeals including an independent Miscarriage of Justice investigation. Case closed. Done, dusted, finished.

And for the people who accuse journalists of turning a blind eye to the plight of an “innocent man” banged up for a crime he didn’t do, let me say this (yet again) – we have examined the case a gazillion times over the years and come up with nothing new.

There is no smoking gun, no “eureka” moment of uncovering a startling bit of new evidence that exonerates him.

The “new evidence” put forward by Luke’s supporters has been poured over time and again – but the conclusion remains the same.

Potential other people of interest were a factor of the original investigation and alternative suspects were traced, interviewed and eliminated from having the potential to be culpable.

Accusations of police corruption, collusion and personal insults have been winging their way to Daily Record towers daily.

Trust me, if you want a journalist to take your claims or suspicions seriously, here’s a wee tip - aggression, angst, insults and threats is not the way to do it.

Slinging mud at the innocent family of a murder victim to see if it sticks is also not a good way to change hearts or minds. If anything, it makes you look pathetically desperate.

The comments I’ve seen directed at the Jones family make me despair for the human race at times.

Why can’t the supporters of Mitchell articulate their support for him and his family without dragging the Jones family down?

Oh yeah, because they’re among the dozens of suspects being bandied about by the Facebook sleuths. [Insert rolling eye emoji here].

But, hey, we live in a democracy and the beauty of that is we are free to have our own opinions and thoughts.

If you believe a miscarriage of justice has been done, you’re well within your rights to set up petitions, marches, videos and take to social media to put forward your case.

Such is our freedom that even a convicted murderer is allowed to protest his innocence on national television and take a lie detector test.

Nobody is denying you the right to bang your drum about your cause or your beliefs.

With social media, everyone can shout into the void – but while you’re screaming about innocence remember he had the best legal counsel in the country who did their damnedest for him and he has had the privilege of multiple legal options to have his case reviewed.

The life and voice of Jodi Jones has been lost to the world forever – remember that.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/luke-mitchell-found-guilty-murder-24016568

That's a nice read from Jane, she reported direct from the trial as well. She can sure, see right though the pro-mitchell camp.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »

By Jane Hamilton

That piece can be directed straight to Sandra Lean. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2021, 11:33:44 PM »
Poured over’ ? Smart cookie this one.

Never rely on anything Sandra Lean says

The ‘poured’ over typo wasn’t Jane Hamilton’s

Whoever uploaded her article to the Daily Records website - seems when they did a spell check it changed ‘pored’ to ‘poured’

It’s not the job of a journalist to upload their articles to websites - goes to show how little Sandra Lean knows about newspapers
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:56:17 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2021, 11:45:28 PM »

Whoever uploaded her article to the Daily Records website - seems when they did a spell check it changed ‘pored’ to ‘poured’

It’s not the job of a journalist to upload their articles to websites - goes to show how little Sandra Lean knows about newspapers

Sandra Lean
Finally, journalists are supposed to have a reasonable grasp of the English language. The new evidence hasn't been "poured over" - nobody upended a jug of liquid over it. She means, of course, pored over. But, it's new evidence -  how can it have been pored over "time and time again"? It's NEW!!!

*&^^&

Did Sandra Lean bother to compare and contrast the newspaper article with the websites article?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:58:30 PM by Nicholas »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2021, 12:20:36 AM »

Priceless.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2021, 12:30:14 AM »
Sandra Lean
Finally, journalists are supposed to have a reasonable grasp of the English language. The new evidence hasn't been "poured over" - nobody upended a jug of liquid over it. She means, of course, pored over. But, it's new evidence -  how can it have been pored over "time and time again"? It's NEW!!!

*&^^&

Did Sandra Lean bother to compare and contrast the newspaper article with the websites article?

The link is to the website’s article and this is copied from it.

‘ poured over ‘.

Perhaps you need to do a little more checking next time before you accuse others of being a bit dim?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2021, 12:40:31 AM »
The link is to the website’s article and this is copied from it.

‘ poured over ‘.

Perhaps you need to do a little more checking next time before you accuse others of being a bit dim?

Upload a copy of the news article - not from the website ⬇️

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:44:11 AM by Nicholas »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2021, 12:43:59 AM »
Upload a copy of the news article - not from the website ⬇️

Off you go then.

Offline Paranoid Android

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2021, 01:08:57 AM »
Yet more intellectual snobbery based on a spelling error/typo.

Classy.

(edited to correct a typo)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 01:11:56 AM by Paranoid Android »