Author Topic: Discussion thread relating to Ann Eaton statements.  (Read 23122 times)

Offline Myster

Re: Discussion thread relating to Ann Eaton statements.
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »
Very interesting one and all.   I also have never seen it mentioned anywhere about the camp shop burning down?  Then again it is not the sort of thing our friend Tesko likes to publicize is it?

Can I mention a point which I found strange.  When Ann arrived at Goldhanger on the morning of the murders and saw Jeremy she remarked at how 'black' his hair was.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sorry Dave, I didn't realise this was carried onto the next segment.  I have uploaded the next 10 pages, the comments in relation to Jeremy's appearance can be found at the bottom of page 20 and the top of page 21.

Ann seemed to have been rather taken aback by his appearance.  She said that the last time she saw him he had light brown hair but on seeing him at Goldhanger his skin colour appeared Pakistani or Italian.  I suppose she meant with a tan or sallow.

Ann speaks of a Directors meeting on 18 July 1985 at which Jeremy attended so his appearance changed after this time.
He was probably planning ahead for his television appearance at the funeral.  8(0(*

Then again he was forever changing his hair to all colours of the rainbow (to match Julie's)... brown, blonde, reddy/orange at one stage according to Julie... she bought the dark brown dye for him in Boots on the Saturday before, but after he used it his hair turned out black and looked like a wig.

Didn't he use a sunbed at the cottage?  Probably envious of his mate Brett's ozzie suntan and tried to copy it, but stayed under too long !

Reading the third installment I can just picture Ann's face fuming with rage at the fantasy that her cousin was weaving to the police at the cottage.... and at the cross-examination she was giving him. It comes as no surprise that Stan Jones nicknamed her 'Miss Marple'.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:05:49 PM by Myster »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »
When commenting about the office break-in and the spare key which was left in the letterbox at the camp site Ann mentions trying to get the key herself and states that only a child or someone with a thin arm could have reached it.   Julie Mugford?

Looking at period photos of the arm build of Ann and Julie, I'd say that Julie might have had even more difficulty than Ann in reaching for a key through the letter-box.

If the prospect of being rewarded with £900+ is in sight, then he wouldn't be afraid of getting a few scratches by forcing his arm through a narrow gap in order to reach a key. Wilkes noted that it was already tied to a piece of string, so it was possible he grabbed the string, then pulled the key out with it. He might even have hooked it with some bent wire that he took with him or found lying around.

It's another question which we'll never know the answer to.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »
I find these statements most interesting and they give a very clear picture of the situation developing.  I have certainly read of Jeremy dyeing his hair before and he was questioned over the reason for this in his police interviews.  I have not heard of other people finding it so startling a change.  One thing is that Sunbeds tend to make Caucasians more "orange" rather than brown so maybe he was overusing suntanning cream?

Ann Eaton is certainly very clear in her statements and these were made immediately after the murders when most people would be very emotional and upset.  She was wise to note everything carefully.

I cannot believe the scene around the kitchen table.  A very serious family discussion is taking place involving the future of the children and Jeremy gets up and starts loading a gun?  It seems very odd behaviour which surely his father would have commented upon or even objected to?

I do not find the necessity of reaching through the letterbox at Osea Caravan Site important.  As one of the owners he would surely have his own key and not have to rely on reaching through letterboxes?  He might have said that is how he got in but that is not necessarily the case.  Also Julie was an interested party to the robbery so she may not be so reliable in this matter.

Offline goatboy

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:06 PM »
It has been inferred that dying his hair black was a ploy to make himself more inconspicuous so it was less likely he would be spotted on his way to the farm and back. I'm not so sure about that as it would have been dark enough anyway. But that's a theory that fits in with the prosecution case. He certainly seemed keen around this time to change his appearance (tanning, dying hair, experimenting with make up for the funeral to make himself look upset enough for the TV news) Maybe psychologists will have some ideas about why.

Offline puglove

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
I find these statements most interesting and they give a very clear picture of the situation developing.  I have certainly read of Jeremy dyeing his hair before and he was questioned over the reason for this in his police interviews.  I have not heard of other people finding it so startling a change.  One thing is that Sunbeds tend to make Caucasians more "orange" rather than brown so maybe he was overusing suntanning cream?

Ann Eaton is certainly very clear in her statements and these were made immediately after the murders when most people would be very emotional and upset.  She was wise to note everything carefully.

I cannot believe the scene around the kitchen table.  A very serious family discussion is taking place involving the future of the children and Jeremy gets up and starts loading a gun?  It seems very odd behaviour which surely his father would have commented upon or even objected to?

I do not find the necessity of reaching through the letterbox at Osea Caravan Site important.  As one of the owners he would surely have his own key and not have to rely on reaching through letterboxes?  He might have said that is how he got in but that is not necessarily the case.  Also Julie was an interested party to the robbery so she may not be so reliable in this matter.

I'm sure you're right, JB would have had his own set of keys, surely? It was at his suggestion that the money was placed in the safe that week, instead of straight into the bank as it usually was. And just a month before the site shop burned down a chalet was also burned to the ground. The police suspected arson. Another thing...Pam was distressed by the fact that, after the murders, JB never visited Mabel Speakman again, although he made a point of seeing her regularly until then.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »

If I recall correctly didn't Julie admit in her statement that they got in by using the key which was in the letterbox?  I don't think she said who got it though?   8-)(--)
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Outlook

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 09:50:57 PM »

If I recall correctly didn't Julie admit in her statement that they got in by using the key which was in the letterbox?  I don't think she said who got it though?   8-)(--)

Page 14 of JMs statement of 10th Septemeber 1985 covers this point quite graphically.  JB got the key.

Offline puglove

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »

Page 14 of JMs statement of 10th Septemeber 1985 covers this point quite graphically.  JB got the key.

I haven't read Julie's statements for a while. They remind me how obvious it was that, by the time JB killed the family, he'd got away with so much he literally thought he could get away with murder. Hence the arrogance, heartless behaviour and self-satisfied smirks.

Offline puglove

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »
Hmm....just off the top of my head....

Bamber, Tracie Andrews, Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Huntley - all arrogant until their convictions.

Stefan Kiszko, Michael Stone, Barry George - all genuinely confused and frightened.

This is a job for Super-Jo!!

Offline puglove

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »
"The sensitive approach of a homosexual."  (It's a teensy bit sweary.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rExr14OL1iU

Offline puglove

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
Agh. A fat horse has just clunked me on the head with his chin. It hurts like b....ry.

If only I'd been mauled by a lion.    8)><(

Offline Myster

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »

So the blonde hair originated in Australia to throw police off the scent after he robbed two Cartier watches to give to Suzette Ford on his return home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Ann Eaton thinking that if Jeremy was to answer the ringing phone in his dining room it would have taken him 2 or 3 minutes to get out of bed, and negotiate his narrow stairs to reach it... by which time Nevill would have already been attacked and therefore incapable of talking?

Two or three minutes seems an awfy long time to answer a phone though, even allowing for a short period to come round after being woken up.  >@@(*&)

Offline John

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
I don't want to flood the forum with transcripts and statements but if anyone want a preview of Jones', McDonald's or others, please let me know.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Myster

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
I don't want to flood the forum with transcripts and statements but if anyone want a preview of Jones', McDonald's or others, please let me know.
We should be thankful for the ones you've put up so far... great job! 8@??)(
I hope to see the other docs you have posted eventually, I can wait... Thank you!  8((()*/

Offline Iggy68

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »

I'm sure you're right, JB would have had his own set of keys, surely? It was at his suggestion that the money was placed in the safe that week, instead of straight into the bank as it usually was. And just a month before the site shop burned down a chalet was also burned to the ground. The police suspected arson. Another thing...Pam was distressed by the fact that, after the murders, JB never visited Mabel Speakman again, although he made a point of seeing her regularly until then.

Sounds like Tolleshunt D'Arcy and Heybridge were returned to safer places with JB in prison and out of the way