News and current affairs > A look at the news stories currently making the headlines.

Did the Duke of Edinburgh break the law?

(1/2) > >>

G-Unit:
Was the Duke guilty of driving without due care and attention?

Angelo222:

--- Quote from: G-Unit on January 27, 2019, 07:34:03 AM ---Was the Duke guilty of driving without due care and attention?

--- End quote ---

I believe the police and CPS are still deliberating over this but somehow I don't see him being charged with anything.  In situations like this involving an elderly driver the police will give the family the opportunity to hand in the drivers licence instead of bringing charges.

G-Unit:

--- Quote from: Angelo222 on January 27, 2019, 03:39:09 PM ---I believe the police and CPS are still deliberating over this but somehow I don't see him being charged with anything.  In situations like this involving an elderly driver the police will give the family the opportunity to hand in the drivers licence instead of bringing charges.

--- End quote ---

He seems determined to continue driving so we'll have to see. It seems he;s written to the women in the other car more or less admitting it was his fault too.

G-Unit:
The file is now being examined by the CPS and the Duke has surrendered his licence. It seems someone's managed to make him realise he can't carry on regardless, which seemed to be his initial intention.

Eleanor:

I very much doubt that The Duke was ever going to be prosecuted.

He is 97 years old.  Consort to The Monarch.  He has now surrendered his licence.  And he didn't actually hit anyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version