Author Topic: Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?  (Read 87817 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

Re: Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?
« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
https://expresso.sapo.pt/sociedade/dois-inspetores-da-pj-condenados-por-tortura=f782292#gs.oxWIQSk

Thank you Robitty.

Interesting that according to that source, officers convicted of using the medieval torture of bastinado (a form of punishment or torture that involved caning the soles of someone's feet) kept their jobs.

Snip
The two defendants, Diamantino dos Santos and Tavares de Almeida, were convicted by co-counsel and are expected to appeal against the conviction.

The three inspectors of the Judiciary, the two now convicted and the one who was acquitted, are all active.

https://expresso.sapo.pt/sociedade/dois-inspetores-da-pj-condenados-por-tortura=f782292#gs.pSRzshY

It is also interesting that the crime of torture occurred in 2000 before justice was served at the end of 2013 bearing in mind that Almeida is the author of the 2007 interim report concerning Madeleine's disappearance.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2018, 12:02:06 AM »
No not "Sinister" Sadie just a dodgy link posted back in 2013.  If you look at the original poster's link it is not complete.

Edited.   I have found the original on the Espresso website, so no conspiracy at all.   It took me all of 5 seconds.

It was complete when posted, cos I opened and read it.

who has changed it ?

Sinister. 

If evidence can be deleted and altered, what hope is there for Justice ?

I don't like the Internet; too many things can be changed.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2018, 07:30:56 AM »

who has changed it ?

Sinister. 

I have no idea what happened (if anything) sadie.  The original post was by someone called DCI and as I saw it the link was not entire so would not work. The post does not appear to have been edited.

The description is in the text of the post of course and the original website is in Portuguese so perhaps  you were mistaken.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2018, 09:00:56 AM »

who has changed it ?

Sinister. 

Your understanding of how the internet works is lacking. It is a volatile environment, when a site has a tidy up they will remove pages and areas that have not been accessed for a while or are in their minds no longer required. Sites are removed on a regular basis, people have to pay for web hosting and will not continue to do so just for the benefit of other users.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline sadie

« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2018, 09:54:03 PM »
Your understanding of how the internet works is lacking. It is a volatile environment, when a site has a tidy up they will remove pages and areas that have not been accessed for a while or are in their minds no longer required. Sites are removed on a regular basis, people have to pay for web hosting and will not continue to do so just for the benefit of other users.
It'a amazing how this tidy up obliterates information / Photos that are essential to the Madeleine case and the Joana Ciopriano case.

The only way to keep these photos and info is to print hard copies of it.  I have a mountain of such hard copies and for safety distributed amonst friends too, but it is hard to keep so many ...  so that they can be easily found again

Offline Sunny

« Reply #411 on: October 26, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »
It'a amazing how this tidy up obliterates information / Photos that are essential to the Madeleine case and the Joana Ciopriano case.

The only way to keep these photos and info is to print hard copies of it.  I have a mountain of such hard copies and for safety distributed amonst friends too, but it is hard to keep so many ...  so that they can be easily found again

Sadie you may find it easier to save the information you want on a disc rather than printing them out.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline sadie

« Reply #412 on: October 26, 2018, 10:13:08 PM »
Sadie you may find it easier to save the information you want on a disc rather than printing them out.

Thank you Sunny.  I do sometimes (rarely) save to something seperate from the computer, a USB pen?, but I am a computer ignoramus and never know if I have been successful.  With paper I know if I have got it captured.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #413 on: October 26, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Thank you Sunny.  I do sometimes (rarely) save to something seperate from the computer, a USB pen?, but I am a computer ignoramus and never know if I have been successful.  With paper I know if I have got it captured.

Try checking what is on the disc using windows explorer. You should be able to open up the pictures and check if they are correct.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #414 on: October 26, 2018, 10:32:11 PM »

Pictures take up space so get deleted first....
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline misty

« Reply #415 on: October 29, 2018, 01:13:46 AM »
The internet isn't as reliable as it was made out to be by all accounts.  It's a bit like rewriting history imo.

While members of the public are permitted to edit Wikipedia pages we can never be sure the information provided is truly accurate.

Offline John

« Reply #416 on: October 30, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
Please note the topic is Did Gonçalo Amaral misinterpret the evidence?

Anything else will be removed. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #417 on: November 05, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
What evidence about what?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #418 on: November 05, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
What evidence about what?

Whatever it was, then, Yes, Amaral did misinterpret it.  Possibly even deliberately.  Especially as it appears that there was none.