Author Topic: Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes connection, fact and fiction.  (Read 20285 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Madeleine McCann: Mari Luz Cortes connection, fact and fiction.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »
Yes well there was problems at the time of writing this article

http://truthformadeleine.com/2008/02/fury-over-kate-and-gerry-mccann-using-photograph-of-missing-mari-luz-cortes/

"The father of five-year old Mari Luz Cortes, who disappeared in January, said he had not given the couple permission to use his daughter’s picture in 17,400 A3-size prints distributed across Spain and Portugal yesterday."

I was surprised at the number of posters printed up.  The easy thing is to print them but what do you do with them then.

There were also posters printed on behalf of Madeleine McCann ~ Mari Luz Cortes ~ and Yeremi Vargas showing pictures of all three missing children as well as the ones printed showing only Madeleine and Mari Luz.

The McCanns were publicising all three missing children.

They have met a lot of opposition throughout the time they have been campaigning on Madeleine's behalf and in my opinion it indicates there is someone out there who just doesn't want her to be found and who thinks nothing of causing as much disruption to their efforts as possible.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »
There were also posters printed on behalf of Madeleine McCann ~ Mari Luz Cortes ~ and Yeremi Vargas showing pictures of all three missing children as well as the ones printed showing only Madeleine and Mari Luz.

The McCanns were publicising all three missing children.

They have met a lot of opposition throughout the time they have been campaigning on Madeleine's behalf and in my opinion it indicates there is someone out there who just doesn't want her to be found and who thinks nothing of causing as much disruption to their efforts as possible.

How anyone could deface the poster of a missing child is utterly beyond my comprehension.
No matter their feelings about her parents, it was in my opinion a despicable act.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 08:11:47 PM »
I had noticed that name "Yeremi Vargas" before but had not read up on it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7397767.stm
This sentence really brings home the problem

""I called him in for lunch and he nodded and said he'd be there in a moment," she says.

"I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember exactly what he was wearing. Five minutes - it couldn't have been more than five minutes, I put my head round the door and he was gone.""
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »

How anyone could deface the poster of a missing child is utterly beyond my comprehension.
No matter their feelings about her parents, it was in my opinion a despicable act.

That's because you believe she was abducted. Just suppose she wasn't and the posters were some kind of a ploy? How despicable would that be?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
That's because you believe she was abducted. Just suppose she wasn't and the posters were some kind of a ploy? How despicable would that be?
If there was any evidence maybe it would be justified, but not just on suspicion.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2018, 08:22:27 PM »

So you think this disgusting  action is acceptable

Offline Erngath

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »

You may wish to excuse the despicable behaviour of defacing  a child's face by suggesting that some had the right to do so because they may have believed the " posters were some kind of ploy", however I would question the integrity and morals of anyone who would choose to make such a protest.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2018, 08:44:48 PM »
You think in such a scenario it would be acceptable to throw paint over the picture of a missing innocent child?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »
You may wish to excuse the despicable behaviour of defacing  a child's face by suggesting that some had the right to do so because they may have believed the " posters were some kind of ploy", however I would question the integrity and morals of anyone who would choose to make such a protest.

I haven't had my livelyhood ruined, lost my job, and had the reputation of my village dragged through the mud so I can't answer.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »

I didn't know very much about Mari Luz's tragically short life or the alleged controversy regarding the
"missing" poster campaign.

So I thought it best to return to source in the Spanish newspapers of the time.

Mari Luz's father does not strike me as the type of person to be walked over ... galvanised by her disappearance, he took a leaf out of Kate and Gerry's book and raised money to search for her as well as later to campaign against the glitch in Spanish law which had allowed her murderer his freedom to assault Mari Luz.

Having become politically active he made his own enemies perhaps (inclusion in nasty blogs etc) ... so maybe we have a case of two birds in a propaganda war here??

If the story of the disagreement is a fact ... it didn't make much of an impression on Spanish MSM and if it did I couldn't find it.
Which raised the question in my mind about the type and nature of the propaganda projected against Madeleine's parents some of which seems to feature the use or misuse of Madeleine's posters.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »

Disgusting to throw paint over a missing childs face

And even worse to obliterate the Telephone number to ring if you had seen her or had clues.

Someone was obviously very keen to prevent Madeleine being found

Offline Erngath

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »
I haven't had my livelyhood ruined, lost my job, and had the reputation of my village dragged through the mud so I can't answer.

None of those have happened to me either but there is no way that I would ever deface a photo of any child.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »

Who had their livelyhood ruined... Luz must have done very well out of the hundreds of journalist visiting... Many employees would  have been on seasonal contracts....
Could you give cites for your claim

Offline sadie

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2018, 09:20:22 PM »
A few years ago I met and talked extensively with someone who knew a great deal about the Mari Luz case.  He printed off a large number of photos IIRC, but certainly not the number mentioned in above posts.

The family and searchers unanimously thought that it had nothing to do with the Madeleine Case.

They were convinced that the man who was charged was responsible.  He was a neighbour of the Cortes family and had a history

Offline Sunny

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »
Who had their livelyhood ruined... Luz must have done very well out of the hundreds of journalist visiting... Many employees would  have been on seasonal contracts....
Could you give cites for your claim

Whatever happened that night, it wounded Luz’s reputation as a quiet, family-friendly resort. It had a “very negative” effect, said Mr Mata: for two years after her disappearance, the number of tourists “noticeably decreased”. “People lost their jobs because of this. A lot of shops and restaurants closed down. It had a huge influence on the real estate market

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/03/just-had-enough-ten-years-praia-da-luz-remembers-night-madeleine/
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!