Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239528 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2019, 01:53:49 PM »
Unlikely that I'll find myself in that position. I expect no resolution.

By far the easiest option.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2019, 01:54:04 PM »
Can anyone seriously envisage a day when they wake up and the first words on the radio aren’t about Brexit but are “McCanns arrested for hiding a body?”. Does anyone actually believe this is on the cards?

No!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2019, 01:55:04 PM »
Mindless hatred   *%87 @)(++(* You should follow logic and then you will know who Smithman is, why the dogs alerted and why the timeline kept changing.

Fortunately, I find most of your comments to be innocuous.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2019, 01:56:26 PM »
Ah well, it's not evidence of hate, it's evidence of the reader using terms to further their own agenda imo.
I really didn't give a shit about them before the investigation began, that's the truth. It's was only when they begun to use my money I decided to look at the case at all.
You perhaps may wish to revise your opinion of hatred in the interest of accuracy.
Anyhows, I'm out of here for today.

Discussion of "Sceptic Beliefs" apparently isn't easy.  Is that because it brings them under scrutiny?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
Fortunately, I find most of your comments to be innocuous.
That's putting it kindly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2019, 02:06:43 PM »
Is that the same Kate that wrote in her book, "We'd never lied about anything – not to the police, not to the media, not to anyone else. But now we found ourselves in one of those tricky situations where we just didn't seem to have a choice..."
How do we know they weren't in a tricky situation and lied about the window and whooshing curtain as well?
We don't is the answer.

The tricky situation was that the dogs were going to search their apartment,  as they weren't allowed to talk about the investigation they had to say that Gerry had a stomach bug,  which wasn't really a lie as he did have an upset stomach.

Now talking about lying,  Amaral lied about the DNA,   then lied that he didn't mention it to Sandra.   He also lied in court committing perjury.   So I wouldn't mention lying if I were you.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2019, 02:12:54 PM »
When the government spends £12 million of our money on one missing person and ignores all the other missing people. You reckon I should be ashamed or apologise for that anger? Dream on, but I'm glad you took the time to reflect on your use of the term hate in the interests of accuracy.

Again this is a classic component of the sceptic mantra.  Why do people insist that "all the other missing people" are denied funding in favour of Madeleine?
That is really one which has been on the go for a while ... possibly even predating the present official search for Madeleine ... where is the justification for the claim?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »
Me neither but if there is and it doesn't involve the parents the fact remains that people found them unconvincing before the PJ moved against them.

Why would 'people' hold such an opinion in the very early and early stages of a police investigation?  They had no information of the ongoing investigation for a missing little girl.
Why was it therefore necessary to 'soften up' public opinion by working on spreading lies about the missing child's parents at the expense of investigating what had happened to the child?

Your post justifies and condones the PJ using that unprofessional and illegal tactic ... why would you do that?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »

Your post epitomises the sceptic propensity to dwell in the comfort zone of past belief while totally ignoring any evidence which proves the contrary.

The final police report records that Mr Smith's statement was mistaken because it was impossible for the man he saw to be Gerry McCann ... and considering that Mr Smith asserts in his statement to the police that he would be unable to identify the man he saw anyway ... don't you think it odd you are repeating a misidentification which was proved to be false?
Proving sceptic belief defies evidence which contradicts it.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2019, 03:50:11 PM »
There have been a number of complaints about the language being used by some posters so kindly moderate your responses and above all keep replies civil.

I have removed or edited a number of previous posts.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2019, 04:03:19 PM »
The only way to find out what the police are thinking is when they act. The Portuguese police have taken no actions afaik. Op Grange have done appeals, interviews and some digging. The appeals seemed to be attempts to identify certain people, the interviews were to gather more information or rule people out and the digging suggests they are open to the possibility that there was a death and disposal.

They have said the McCanns aren't suspects but not why. If they were relying on the archiving despatch they should have listened to the Supreme Court Judges who pointed out that it didn't 'clear' the McCanns. If they investigated them and found no evidence against them they remain in the same position as the first investigation; they don't know what the crime was or who committed it.

In my opinion the fact that there are continuing investigations doesn't allow conclusions to be drawn about the final outcome; if any.

The Portuguese police have said there is no evidence against the McCann's.. That explains why they are not suspects

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Mindless hatred   *%87 @)(++(* You should follow logic and then you will know who Smithman is, why the dogs alerted and why the timeline kept changing.

You refer to the alerts... Uncorroborated.... No evidential value.. The timeline statements... No confirmation of accuracy.... Precisely why sceptics have reached the wrong conclusions.. Imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2019, 04:57:16 PM »
You refer to the alerts... Uncorroborated.... No evidential value.. The timeline statements... No confirmation of accuracy.... Precisely why sceptics have reached the wrong conclusions.. Imo

Is there any refuteble evidence either the SY or more importantly the PJ have reached a different conclusion.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »
The  dog alerts aren't something I rely on, they're just one of the many puzzling features of the case. They seem to be one of your main interests though; they get dragged into every thread, relevant or not.

I don't see anything  puzzling about the alerts... Particularly the one to cuddlecat

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
Why would 'people' hold such an opinion in the very early and early stages of a police investigation?  They had no information of the ongoing investigation for a missing little girl.
Why was it therefore necessary to 'soften up' public opinion by working on spreading lies about the missing child's parents at the expense of investigating what had happened to the child?

Your post justifies and condones the PJ using that unprofessional and illegal tactic ... why would you do that?

It's nothing to do with the PJ at all. Sometimes a story just doesn't ring true. Were people really expected to believe that that a couple wemt out and left their kids home alone five nights in succession? That they didn't even lock the doors? How on earth are they going to live with the guilt and sorrow? Quite well, apparently.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0